Posts by LH

Usually they respond very fast. So i guess you will hear from them soon.

But i would almost bet, that you just need to turn your Profiler off, and then turn it on to browse mode while holding the rig button down.
    Quite a few people had a similar issue (and solution) in the last weeks, as far as i know.
    Don't take my word for it though!

Hi there,

i recently bought a new pc with Windows 10 installed.
    Until now i mainly used the new Edge-Browser.
    It is not that bad, but i have encountered some problems when using this forum.

1. While writing a post, the text-cursor occasionally jumps to the front of a row.

2. When trying to submit a post, the submit-button (don't exactly know what this button is called in the english version of the forum) just doesn't work (as well as the other buttons). So i have to copy my text, refresh the page, paste the text, and then submit it.

Both problems just occur occasionally and so far i haven't found out what causes these problems.

Did anybody notice these problems as well?

Regards,
    LH

Beispiel Delay:
    Solange du spielst, sind Delay-Wiederholungen recht leise. Sobald kein Signal mehr anliegt (du nicht mehr spielst) treten die Wiederholungen in den Vordergrund (werden lauter).
    Dadurch verwaschen Delays oder Modulationen, etc. deine gespielten Töne nicht, sorgen aber trotzdem für Fundament und Atmosphäre, wenn weniger Töne gespielt werden oder du umgreifst, etc.

Hoffe das hilft :)

EDIT: "Ducking" ist übrigens englisch für ducken, untertauchen, einziehen, etc. Dadurch wird's glaube ich verständlicher ^^

This should help:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Might be a bit unromantic, but why not just profile the Marshall and use it through your Kemper? ^^
    Other than that, you could think of running a dual-amp setup.
    So you have the Marshall-Sound + Kemper at the same time.
    Could be Distorted + Clean.
    Or Marshall + Mesa
    etc.

Well, in 2038 nobody will play the Kemper anymore, because the Axe Fx 16 Plus XL with the new "Quantum 5.6 Final Real Definitive Sound-Engine" will sound 238% better than a real tube amp!

(Obviously just making fun, never played an Axe myself! ;) )

With profile, do you mean the Stack Section?
    This would be one solution, but you can also lower the volume from a different part of the rig (for example the Rig-Volume or the volume of an Effect-Slot).

EDIT: Are we talking about a clean or a distorted rig?

You mean switching to different slots within the same performance?
    AFAIK, it is normal, that changes are kept, when switching within a performance.
    You could try saving a second performance and switching between the two performances.
    If the changes in the first performance are still kept when changing to Performance #2 and back, then i think you should contact support.

Bei cleanen Sounds die mit Chorus o.ä. "verziert" werden sollen, verwende ich statt des eigentlichen Chorus-Effekts gern den Modulations-Parameter der Delay-Sektion
    (sofern Delay ebenfalls Teil des Sounds sein soll).
    So schwebt der Sound zwar schön, die gespielten Töne bleiben jedoch "trocken", wodurch das ganze meiner Meinung nach direkter, durchsetzungsfähiger und weniger verwaschen klingt.

Keine tierisch innovative Idee, aber vielleicht hilft's ja dem ein oder anderen :)

Hi Georg,

if the LED only hits the red from time to time, you don't have to worry about it, as far as i know.
    Otherwise, you can just lower the volume of the rig (rig-, amp-, cab-volume, etc.)

Do you hear any unwanted distortion, when the LED turns red?

This LED applies to the signal before the Master-Volume (respectively the different volumes of the various outputs.)

Regards,
    LH

3.3.0 is a BETA which was presumably introduced to fix some last important bugs before releasing the major update to 4.0.
    With upgrading to 3.3.0 you could help the Kemper-Team by checking for bugs and reporting them to the Kemper-Support.
    This way the remaining bugs can get fixed faster.

If you don't want to risk having new bugs (e.g. if you have important gigs, etc.) you can just wait for the release-version of 3.3.0 or 4.0.

EDIT: Michael_dk was faster ^^

You can check the Kemper Manual, if you want to know how to make Direct Amp Profiles with a DI-Box.
    The Kemper DI-Box itself is pretty self explanatory due to it's labels.

Well, if money isn't an issue, then i would say that the Focals are definitely much better (but also bigger, which seems to be a critical point in your case).
    I figured out that the Tannoys would be a better choice for me (!!) at the moment, because they give me a reasonable sound (for my applications) without spending too much money.
    What i tried to say is:
    If you are considering the JBLs (or something in that price range), you should probably listen to the tannoys as well, because they sounded a bit better to me.
    But if you are willing to pay more and you think, that you would profit from a better sound quality for your application, then i would personally consider something like the focals or adam f-series.

Again, i'm a total beginner, when it comes to studio monitors (!), but the tannoys (as well as the JBLs, to be fair) get a lot of good reviews in this price range. (You might want to check Pete Thorns Video about the Tannoys).

Thanks for all the input everyone. Only just got broadband back and have been reading through the comments. Looks like 5" speakers are working for some people so I might give them a whirl. So far I've got recommendations for:

JBL LSR305s
    Yamaha NS5s
    Yamaha NS7s (could possibly go this large)
    Equator D5s
    Any with a sub

I recently tested quite a few monitors in a local music store.
    I have to say, that i have no experience with monitors so far, but tried to pay attention to what i read about different characteristics about monitors. (e.g. i listened to Neumanns and Genelcs from time to time, to have a comparison that i can use as a basis to judge the other monitors.)
    Of course the cheaper monitors where not as good as the Neumanns, etc., but the Tannoy Reveal 502 really surprised me.
    Originally i was looking at the Focal Alpha 50/65, but the Tannoys where not that much worse considering the difference in price.

I compared them (the Tannoys) to KRKs, the JBLs, some Yamahas, etc. and (at least to me) they were quite good.

Long story short: I'm not in the possition to give you a sophisticated statement about the sound quality, but i think you should also consider the Tannoys, if you are already looking for the JBLs, etc.