Posts by LH

I was just about to start a request as i found this thread.
    Any news on this? I also think it is irritating how it works now. I know that this is the same behavior like the windows explorer, but the rigmanager serves a different purpose.
    I have my (commercial) rigs organized by author (TAF, M. Britt, etc.). These Folders have subfolders that represent the different Profile-Packs.
    I think it would be awesome to
    1. view all Profiles of a Profile-Pack in the corresponding sub-folder AND
    2. view all Profiles of this Author in the parent folder.

This principle can be transferred to sorting by Amp-Brand, Style, Guitars, Channels of an Amp, ...

Well it depends on how loud you want the kemper to be...
    If you turn the master-volume knob the dB goes towards 0. You also have to check which volumes are linked to the master volume. If you want to control both volumes (main and monitor) with the master volume you might want to set them both to the same value.

I think my Main Out is set to -20 dB or something like that. I just leave it there, so the FOH always gets the same signal-strength. The Master-Volume is only linked to the Monitor out to control my monitor-cab on stage.

Does that help you?

Sometimes you don't have time to do a soundcheck, but i think at least a linecheck should be done before a gig. It doesn't take too long and safes you from this kind of trouble. Then you just use the first song of your gig to get the sound right :D

It doesn't matter whether you take the powered or unpowered version. Each Output of the Kemper can be linked to the master-volume knob individually.
    At the Moment i use a guitar cab on stage (Speaker out of the Powerhead) and the Main Out to the FOH. I only linked the Monitor Out (same as Speaker Out) to the Volume Knob.
    This way the FOH gets always the same volume while i can adjust the volume of my guitar cab with the Master-Volume of the Kemper.

The Monitor Out is only Mono (but nevertheless you would obviously need two atomics to get a stereo signal).
    Also you can't connect an unpowered atomic to the monitor out (or did you mean speaker out?).

Theoretically this is exactly the opposite how it should be. A buffered strong signal is not that dependent on the cable type. However the weak signal coming from your passive guitar pickups is highly dependent. The most important thing is the capacitance of the cable. Capacitance is determined by the type and length of the cable. So make sure you use the type of cables you think "sounds good" between your guitar and what comes first after that. The rest is not that important. Just be sure that it is sturdy enough and will not fail.

Hi Daniel,

i have to admit, that i don't know much about the technical factors so i really can't argue about that. But i think there are more factors than just the loss of tone through weak signal. So i don't think putting a buffer in front of a bad or mediocre cable will be as good as buying a (reasonable) good cable. But as i said, i'm not the voodoo-type of guitarist, so i personally just use good midrange cables, because the effect is often not worth the money when you mostly play live. I just suggestet this, because OP wanted to know what he can spend his money on. :D

If this doesn't make sense, i'm totally open for rectification! (Or if i didn't understand you correctly.)

Did you invest in good cables?
    I'm not the voodoo-type of guitarist, but some good cables can influence the sound to some extend.
    Especially the cable from amp to cab (if you use a cab) can have a big influence.

Also you could think about buying a case for your gear.
    I plan on buying sort of a amp head rack case, where the Kemper Powerhead fits in at the top with a rack underneath.
    This way it's all together for safe transport and easy set up at gigs. Also you can take the powerhead out of the rack and take it home or to a small gig in the bag.

Did you register your KPA? If not, i think you are only able to post in the public forums.

I haven't used one myself, but Mission Engineering Pedals offer a spring load option for their pedals. The spring always brings the pedal back to heel position.
    They also have a Kemper-specific Pedal, but i don't know if this is available with the spring.