Posts by Tonechaser1

Indeed. If you have time, upgrade again and see if the problems persists. No sense not being on the latest firmware with all the treats that go with it. If it acts up again make a backup of that and send it off to support and then revert back until they contact you. Good Luck!

Thanks man!

Sorry for the confusion, but that's what I meant with my previous response.

I'm still on the latest FW, just bobbing and weaving to some ghosts!!!

Update.

Today - one day after latest FW update, I have lost the ability to change presets on my remote and directly on the Kemper itself in Browser mode after multiple restarts. Everything seems fine in Performance mode.

Yesterday night everything seemed to be working properly except for the latency issue above. Now the Remote Foot-switch and the Kemper itself in Browser mode are pretty much useless.

The profile that appears in Browser mode at start-up is the last one I was on last night when I shut it down. I only have the ability to turn the effects on and off but can't change presets and when I hit browse it only shows that preset.

Looks like I may have to revert back to my old 3.2. FW. YIKES!!!

Any ideas for solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi All,

Well, I finally upgraded to the latest FW with very little issues. The new delays are great!!!

However, I do notice a substancial delay or latency now when changing presets via the Remote foot-switches in Browser mode.

In Performance mode they change immediately which is good.

Has anyone else noticed this issue in Browser mode?

Also, is it worth it to add all the updated FW factory presets / profiles?

I usually just stick to using a handful of mostly MBritt profiles that I am really happy with.

Because I don't fancy shipping it to Germany only for it to behave itself on the day, and be declared fit.

Not sure where you are located, but they have a North American service center as well, and the guy in the US that runs it is excellent. They couldn't reproduce the crackling sounds that mine was making and sent me a brand new one very quickly.

Kemper has some of the best customer support and ethics in the industry, in my experience. Right up there with Fractal Audio, Two Notes, and EB Musicman/Sterling.

Hi All,

Just as the title states.

Upgraded to latest version of FW (pre new delay release) a while back and then ended up switching back as some of my profiles changed.

Just tried Rig Manager (FW Version1.3.1) as I saved it before upgrading and now it doesn't work.

I'm logged into the Kemper website and It doesn't see my local library and I can't try out profiles on Rig Exchange.

I have removed and re-installed but it still doesn't work.

The only versions I can find on the website is the new version which doesn't support my FW version.

i have never played it loud because i can't. I only play through head phones plugged straight to the Kemper

Hi,

You may want to try the Two Notes Torpedo Studio or Live. I have owned a Studio for a couple of months now and absolutely love it. I have a Kemper as well and still love it and plan to keep it as the MBritt profiles were a game changer for me.

Here's my recent review of the Studio after six weeks on the Two Notes forum:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=184250

Be aware that the original poster complains about the sound of the high gain profiles - not necessarily something mbritt is the "go-to guy" for

OP: When you say high gain - are we talking metal stuff?

In any case, if you decide to try out different profiles: check out the free profiles most vendors offer first - that gives you an idea of what you can expect from them.

Understood. I should have elaborated that I experienced the fizziness on low and medium gain profiles as well.

Hi All,

I used to get some of that fizziness within my decaying signal on some of the stock KPA profiles. That all changed when I started using the MBritt profiles. He somehow dials all that stuff out. I only use MBritt profiles now and use them pretty much stock except for some minor reverb and delay tweaks and have never heard the fizziness since.

If you haven't already, I highly suggest trying the MBritt profiles.

Hi All,

I just purchased the MBritt Marshall mini-pack. It's awesome BTW.

For some reason, the delay tap tempo control won't work for the entire pack on the Kemper or the Remote and I can't seem to adjust and save any delay settings. This is strange as I've never had this occur with any of his other rig packs that I've purchased.

BTW, I have tap tempo enabled in the RIG menu and the delay effect doesn't seem to be locked.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok. I went ahead and re-installed FW 3.0.2 and my last back-up and everything is back to exactly how I left it. YAY!!!

I also noticed in the approximately 30 minutes that I used the latest firmware that holding down the RIG button doesn't save favorites anymore. Weird.

Thankfully, I backup regularly and didn't lose a thing

Happy again!

Hi Guys,

FYI. I upgraded to the latest firmware and it did mess up my saved performances (different amps, effect & stomp settings, names, and remote button programing) and the order of profiles and remote settings in browser mode are jumbled as well (some of my saved favorites aren't favorites any more, duplicate profiles, etc.).

So, being that I did a full back-up before upgrading, should I just install that 3.0.2 firmware backup and all will be good?

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently on FW version 3.0.2 and am very satisfied and have some performances saved and programmed into my remote controller.

If I upgrade to FW version 3.2.1 will I lose all of my saved performances in the Kemper and in the remote?

I was reading the FW upgrade notes and it states that performances aren't downward compatible with my current firmware.

Thanks in advance!