Posts by Casper777

Hi there,

Selling my excellent condition Kemper Powerhead, with mint remote and bag. Bag shows signs of wear.

Asking EUR 1'700 + shipping for everything :) good opportunity !!

Shipping everwhere in Europe, shipping offered in Switzerland.

Be aware that border fees could apply if shipped in Europe.

Be quick! this one won't last.

Paypal only.

Ok... After the test I can clearly say that the PSM200 unit is to blame... The SE215 in the Kemper have really a great sound!
    Well I guess going the cheap way was not a good idea! ;)
    the solution is getting therefore more expensive!

I will make the test this week end of the SE215 direct in the Kemper...

One more question regarding IEM.

Would you go for a 3 driver universal IEM (like the UE 900) or a custom molded 2 driver one (like 1964 A2)?!

Have you tried the SE215s direct into the Kemper (with adapter)? If you like that sound then its down to the wireless. I use the 215s on a daily basis an find them to be excellent. When I used a radio pack with them it was a Sennheiser. Not sure which model but likely an EW100. Again this was fine. Some radios compress the bandwidth which spoils the sound. I notice Michael Britt uses a Line 6 setup, might be worth a look?

That's a good idea! what kind of adapter do I need?

Hello!

Recently I purchased a wireless monitoring system I want to use for reheasal and gigs... I bought a "budget" one to see if it is useful of not and ended up with a Shure PSM 200...

Now I find that the sound quality is quite poor, especially compared to the headphone quality of the Kemper.

Now the question is: from your experience, is the poort quality coming from the System (PSM 200) or from the IEM themselves (SE215). What do you think?

Don't know what to upgrade at this point... going to a Sennheiser EW300 or buying better earbuds? (or both)

Hello guys!

Just saw these new monitors from Dynaudio... might be a good updgrade from my Truth monitors ;)

What do you recommend guys in terms of studio monitors?

Bouncing between Adam AX7, Neumann 120 and these new Dynaudio...

Any input?

(I would also use them for home studio mixing)

Hello guys!

Didn't find a similar post so I thought it would be a good idea to centralize all source for customizing our favorite piece of gear, the KEMPER!! :)

Skins, leather covers, and anthingthing we might think of...

I'm very interested! :)

thanks all,
    i am suprised by the number of people who likes to play through cab. As I just read elsewhere "You are going to lose a LOT of the flavor of different amps if you use a powerhead and a guitar cab. You lose the sound of the speaker that was profiled, and the sound of the mics and any preamps or EQ also." To me this is not much the KPA philosophy.

I will 99% play home, and low. I think I need to choose a KPA first (likely unpowered), get used to it thru headphones and then take it to the shop find FRFR, but I don't want to spend much on them.

any reason to recommend a powerhead instead?

I would say.. "and so what?" ;) The Kemper through a guitar cab (I often Use it with a nice 1x12 cab) sounds just GREAT and sometimes it's fun to have that great amp in the room sound when you play at home... you won't have the exact sound of the labeled amp in that case? well take it for what it is, it will sounds like nothing else, which is fine for me! :)

Like said, a powered head will give you just more options.. and that's great!

Some Rhodes/KSR amps would really be GREAT... guess they're not that common and easy to find ;)

Love your VH4 pack by the way... think about getting the Randall Satan one... looking for some tight but full sounding profiles to be used in by metal band where I'm the only guitarist.

That would be one great hardware upgrade for me...

The possibility to have some power supplies available on the Kemper to power pedals.

Just like on the G-System from TC..

Just 2 or 3 with a selectable power in the software...

What do you think guys? has it already been discussed?? Would spare some cable and stuff... ;)

Hello!!

This one is admitedly a function I've not used so far, but lately, interested in creating more "weird" sounds and layers...

The parallel path seems to be really a source for many new experiments.

Do you guys use it? and what for?

Any ideas and tricks?

Thinking of running a crunch sound along with some clean hi-fi sounds with a touch of octaver...
    We'll see how it turns out! :)