Posts by Monkey_Man

Simon Phillips is the most unlikely looking rock drummer but he is brilliant...

... and far from just being a rock drummer.

Can play "all styles" with aplomb and is an engineer, mastering engineer & producer too.

Simon is a monster rock drummer for sure. I had tickets to see Toto at Manchester Apollo on the tour when Jeff Porcaro died. Went along not knowing what to expect and witnessed Simon Phillips rocking out big style. DisaI never got to see Jeff live but not disappointed at seeing Simon that’s for sure 🤘

I saw him on his first tour with Toto back in the late '80s in Melbourne.

It was just after Jeff died but they're pro's so the tour wasn't cancelled; they brought Simon in instead.

Wow, lot of energy drinks needed to keep that pace for almost 5 minutes..Tight timing

Edit: they are even in the Kemper camp, didn't know it

Their energy is incredible and they pull it off live too.

Yeah, I'm sure I've posted a Kemper-spotting thread featuring them at some point.

I'm going to bet the timing was all in the DAW and not in the hand. ;)

No. They kill it live and have been around and doing it for years. Pop, funk, EDM, metal. Accomplished multi-instrumentalists and all sing lead vox too.

New track released yesterday:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Another new one from this year:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Live track from 2 months ago:

10 years ago:

Metal / EDM track:

Good gig:

Cool EDM track from 12 years ago:

Gacharic Spin killin' it:

Interesting Per; thanks mate.

Possible it was being smashed on my end, being so-hot, by an app called "SoundSource". It's permanently set to boost my CrapMac™ volume output or I'd barely hear anything at all.

All the usual symptoms were there like the snare's being buried etc.

Thanks again brother.

I don't think the lack of response has anything to do with your profiles, but rather the Kemper update itself. My guess is a lot of people who gig regularly, but only have one Kemper, don't want to install the latest updates without those updates having been released to the public for a while. That is personally my case. The liquid profiling seems like a big update and I don't want anything broken or any surprises.

I need a block of time where we don't have gigs but do have practice time line up, before I can update it, have a few full practices, and feel comfortable that nothing weird is going to happen at my next gig.

There's also likely to be a bunch o' folks who're still on an old macOS, such as myself (macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra), who can't run the version of Rig Manager required for Kemper OS10.

I have to admit if I'm absolutely honest I like the sound of the 70's hippy jazz stuff more than I like the songs if you know what I mean. Like I love how people in the 90's revisited the it like Paul Weller, that breezy 70's sound on Wildwood, and all those acid jazz bands. I often start out really going "this is great" on the real deal then finding I can't take too much of it. Maybe because so much of it never wants to resolve, or goes too often to those diminished chord slides that sound flat to my ears.

Agreed.

Too much of that stuff is too-repetitive for me. Same applies to a lot of '70s funk.

A lot of the time it's just a lack of a distinctive B section and sweetening.

Welcome and congrats on the new baby Larry!

Yeah, for some of us it was many decades before we were able to dial in sweet tones on-tap.

They say good things come to those who wait and nice guys finish last, so it's a win-win situation for us mate. :D

If I was Pablo Escobar I'd be making you an offer you can't refuse for the whole lot Brother Tobi.

100% I'd be a better geetarist if I had that collection at my disposal. :D

So-impressive! 8)