Posts by Monkey_Man

Final update on my Rig-uploading saga:

Thanks to something Harry said in a PM, it occurred to me that I could try not following the USB-stick instructions issued by the Exchange, which read:

UPLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

Insert USB Stick
    Load the rig you want to share
    Select External Storage
    Choose Import/Export
    Select Export current rig
    Now connect the USB stick with your computer and inside the Shared folder you will find the rig you've just exported. Upload this rig to share it with other users.

Instead, I simply dragged the Rigs, as I've done countless times when I back up, to the 'puter. Presto! The RE accepted them just fine, but then, when I read the terms and conditions, I found this:

"You must be the original author of the rig and profile, in other words, please do not upload other people's work."

Case closed. I didn't create the profiles and will not breach the terms and conditions.

Mind you, the many suggested Rigs in this thread, for the most part, will sound much "cleaner" and professional than what I was going to share. The Rig was grainy and noisy; it was simply the vibe / mojo thing that had me bangin' on about it.

Glad the saga's over. Still no idea why my KPA wouldn't allow me to export individual Rigs to a USB stick, but it matters not to me anyway. Full backup and restore worked just fine, so that's great.

Lastly, sorry about the distraction. I tried. I failed. Kemper's terms and conditions reign supreme.

I use sliding trays in my Samson rack that houses my "home entertainment system".

One tray for my mouse and mousepad that sits below a laptop which lives on top of the Samson rack, and another that houses a Bass PODxt for practice (that I've never used!). The audio interface that sends the TV, laptop and DVD-player audio to the speakers, along with a DVD player, sit between the two drawers in the rack. Works well. Neat and functional.

I bought the very best trays I could find, the Proel ADRK2PE model. Pricey, but I doubt you'll find anything that's better-made or more robust.

Well, there's always my assumption to fall back on, Freisegler. Optimistic perhaps, but based upon established patterns of the behaviour of the company:

At least the delays are going to be over-the-top gorgeous... as of v5 firmware, Paul.

The 'verbs will improve in quality after that.

As far as the pedal emus are concerned, I can't help but feel that the team is working on algorithms on an ongoing basis, and that there'll be some pleasant surprises in the future.

Dang. Thank you so much for that, Gary!

There was one measly-but-super-critical word missing from my proclamation, so I'll add it now. It was "audio", by the way. Silly me!

Still, I'm going to temper my involvement in discussions comparing the tonal qualities of the various modellers as well. No sense in repeating my opinions ad nauseum. I mean, the whole point of joining the Kemper world was to put all the angst and tone-chasing shenanigans behind me; I've paid my dues in that regard, just like most of us here.

We've all been there, brother!

Ripper. Thank you for that, Don.

So, Kemperites, 2 posts in by the OP and we're into Axe territory. What's my prize for seeing this one before it even came over the hill? Do I get a free banana, or better still, a whole bunch?

Perhaps it's just an unfortunate coincidence in this case, Grinch, but it's a statistical anomaly that it's rare in these parts that the Helix and other modellers aren't brought up in the context of picking the Kemper apart somehow, and that this appears to be the exclusive domain of Fractal. If anything, in the case of those other modellers, it's almost always a questioning of whether or not a particular product is nearing the Kemper's standard or not. Not so with Fractal gear. No, instead it's an inverted paradigm, one where the latter is somehow superior and various aspects of the Kemper are singled out for ridicule, for want of a better term. Think DA sample rate, IR length and CPU grunt and you're in the ballpark.

Mini-rant over. I thought I smelled another rant, but it may have been my irantination.

As much as I like titties... I like Kemper the best no contest. But I got some decent tones out of the Amplifire and axe. The KPA is my fave but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Yeah - with a sharp knife... or your fingernails. Thank God we've got a sharp knife.

Not arguing with your valid point Michael; just sayin'. ;)

At least the delays are going to be over-the-top gorgeous... as of v5 firmware, Paul.

The 'verbs will improve in quality after that.

As far as the pedal emus are concerned, I can't help but feel that the team is working on algorithms on an ongoing basis, and that there'll be some pleasant surprises in the future.

Yes. Definitely. I'm surprised there's no Kemper Facebook group, worship or not (that I've found anyway). But yes, I think that would be a great idea.

Well, there's the Gran Turismo Kemper Community club that I set up in GT6 (it's a car-driving / racing sim / game).

So far I'm the only member, with another to join in the next few days. LOL

The point of it is mainly that we'd be able to talk with headsets whilst taking a break from music work; the car-racing fun will just be a bonus distraction. There's a mini forum there and whatnot, but TBH, I don't even know how all that stuff works; I just felt compelled to set something up.

You guys are welcome to join of course; you may be surprised at my hermeneutical skills. 8o