Posts by Monkey_Man

Dude, this is exactly what I said in my first response. I edited it only to show the correct name, with credit to you, but you'll notice that I did say "or whatever it's called" originally. All the OP had to do was scroll through the options 'til he heard the clean through-feed at line level.

To refresh your memory, which I'm sure isn't failing, no? Just ribbin' ya. LOL

Once you go Kemper you never really go back... permanently. :D

As always, I'm glad you're not completely disconnected, Ben, although that didn't quite come out right...

Ingolf, the ability to choose the modulation shape (tri, square, saw, sine, random), just as one does for a synth LFO, for instance, would be uber cool IMHO.

The only question is, just how fast will the Kemper allow us to apply the modulation (the rate) before it becomes too CPU-intensive to implement all the parameter changes in realtime. The obvious answer would be that it'd depend upon the number of parameters morphed; hopefully the Kemper could limit the available rate range accordingly and automatically.

I'd say so. That's just another label for high-z / guitar inputs... usually... I think.

I say this 'cause old electric pianos, I think needed these inputs, whereas modern synths output straight-up line level, and therefore don't need DI boxes or these high-z ones.

Let's hope this mismatch is all it is...

... but the "co" bit rhymes with bro', thus franco becomes francbro', just as SamBrox became SamBro' for me.

OK, OK... it's your name after all, so Gianbro' it is... when I wanna annoy you / rib you / tickle you... hang on... retract that... I mean, put it back... I mean... [brain explodes] =O

Yeah, as it was in S. Africa where I grew up, and as it used to be here in Australia... I mean, Jungleville.

The American order of the dates... and just about everything else... has been seeping in slowly here too. Everything's just gonna mash up 'til there's no culture or indented-titty left, just you watch... although I suspect you're well aware of this.

Thanks for he "like", matey. I'll give you one back right now, but don't tell anyone lest he or she think we're an item. :D

I got my first goldfish on my 3rd birthday.

One of the first things I figured out was how to solve the issue of the window's sunlight reflecting off its scales into my sensitive lil' ol' eyes:

I tried tapping the glass but nothing...

... worked for me every time, and...

... I tried moving it from side to side...

... if by "it" you mean your head, then yes, moving my head from side to side worked every time too.

I ended up employing this tactic for the next 45 years as I deemed it far less invasive and cruel towards my beloved fishies...

EDIT: That 4.0 thread really has morphed my brain into mush.

Er... carry on.

Oh, I agree. The concept is bizarre, really... at first.

However, just like LadyBaby, which involves an Aussie pro wrestler (known in Japanese Pop as LadyBeard), who dresses up in Japanese-girl outfits and roars choruses in answer to two teen girls' verses, or whatever, it's surprising how quickly one can get used to it. 3 fun examples:

LADYBABY「ニッポン饅頭 / Nippon Manju」Music Clip - YouTube
    LADYBABY「蓮華チャンス!/Renge Chance !」Music Clip - YouTube
    LADYBABY「セシボン・キブン/C'est si bon Kibun」Music Clip - YouTube

The girls in BabyMetal hadn't even heard of the genre, let alone actually heard HM music, when they started out some 9 years or so ago in the project. That was an intentional part of the experiment, one aimed at maximising the possibilities for out-of-the-square creativity. I admire the fact that all 3 have stuck with it, and also that, as one would expect, their performances have improved commensurately with experience. Their latest clip, for any who might be interested. No shredding in this one unfortunately, which I always enjoy when it features in their songs:

BABYMETAL - KARATE (OFFICIAL) - YouTube

LOL. There are a million and one things I can understand slipping through the "Alpha" test phase. This particular issue, however, is not one of them. File this one under -- "how could they possibly have missed that"?? :P:D

I had to LOL too, John.

The possibilities are endless, the more one thinks about it, but as I suggested earlier, my brain's already morphed into mush, so I'm leavin' this tech fest to the young-ins who seem to be full of beans since 4.0's landing on planet Kemper...

Yeah, but if you've selected "guitar analogue" or whatever the DI setting is, you'll have no control over it as it's a hard-wired analogue path through the Kemper, in effect bypassing it.

In this case, it makes sense for the volume parameter to be greyed out.