Posts by Monkey_Man

So, what you are saying is:There's no need to fear,Fier will soon be here!

Ha ha ha Paul. I learned Afrikaans in S. Africa as a kid, which is close enough to Nederlands, which is nowhere near French, but in this case sounds like 4 in Afrikaans... ugghh... just sayin' I understood, so I'll take your advice and never fier.

Guys, please.
    ... 4 the shake of God:D

You shook God? Man, you are undeniably da man, bro'.
    I tremble before Him, but don't tell anyone. ;)

crunch - monster, my walls are shaking

Your balls were shaking? You mean rattling, right? That's Guido's profiles for you.

Oh... walls... right. Still, that's Guido's profiles for ya. :D

@Monkey_Man
    maybe someday you gonna come to FB. I'll wait for you, mate! :D

Better buy a fur coat 'cause Hell would've frozen over, maestro. :D

Only kidding. Anything's possible, and I fear it may be necessary when I finish my first album... which I haven't started yet... for promotional reasons. Perish the thought, but as I said anything's possible.

Tell you what, in appreciation for your kind comment, if I ever join, yours will be the first page I visit, Guido. ;)

FRAME HYDRA <X
    (Tried to replicate the sound of a Framus® Cobra)

Oh Mama, All Us Boys (and Lorraine) are gonna be Secret(ly) Love(in) it, White Sister. We'll be playin' it for 99 years 'til St. George returns to slay our Dragons.

LOL Thanks for sharing, Sam.

I well remember the Commodores. I used to wonder what it'd be like to have a VIC-20, which I think was the baby brother of the 64, mainly 'cause it had a "proper" keyboard (not a bloody membrane like mine). The ATARI 800XL would've been ideal for this and other reasons, but it was so expensive. Interestingly, those were the days when I first started dreaming about owning an Apple, but I didn't manage to afford it 'til I switched from ATARI in 1999. That meant that including the ATARI 2600 console years, I'd only ever used ATARI for over 20 years.

Those were the days - when I got stuff done. Now tech issues, research, saving for gear, this forum and procrastination are the order of the day. The good news: I'll definitely be able to start the serious recording by late this year. I won't mention the wait or what I'll feel like doing if this doesn't come to be...

Anyway, looks like we should all install 3.3 so there's something to fall back on should 4.0 not work out for us and we've made new rigs on it.

The other day everything sounded honky, with the same mid-boost breakup tainting every profile I tried.

Then I thought of it: The wah could have been moved from its heel-off position somehow, maybe when I was tidying the room. I nudged it back fully and viola! All is well.

Could it be something like this? In my case, I've got the wah locked in slot 1 so it affected every profile I tried.

Ha ha ha!

D'Oh! big reply lost altogether! I'll truncate it:

Studied computer science too, but programmed games for myself and friends on the ATARI 400 years before that, from '81-'83 or so. It came with 8k of RAM but I spent $600(!) upgrading that to 32k so I could write my "heavy" games. Cassete hard drive was optional. LOL:

http://gunkies.org/wiki/Atari_400

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atari-400-Comp.jpg

Then did CS at high school and had to programme in Fortran using pencils and data cards. Definitely no games! Heavy stuff, it was.

EDIT: I wouldn't recognise modern code if it fell on my head.

So it is indeed a beta of sorts for 4. Thought so; it's the only way it'd make sense given the timeline.

Hope you're good, SamBro'.

Thanks for all the tips fellas. I'm a PC guy, so after a full search of the computer for .kipr files - I found that the only hard copies were the ones I physically placed.

On Mac here. The only "hard copies" (.kipr files) I have are the ones I downloaded from the forum, the ones I bought and the copies resulting from my drag-and-drop RM backup.

This is only relevant in the context about to be provided:

Once I drag them from their home folder into a rig manager folder, rig manager creates an index file which refers to them. When I add a file from the Rig Exchange to Rig Manager, that works a little different. In that case .kipr files are downloaded and kept in a temp folder in AppData.

As far as I can tell, no reference is made to the original files for me; I can do anything I want with them.

My equivalent of your AppData folder is probably the Application Support one, where I assume this data, as well as copies of whatever I drag into RM from the Finder (OS GUI), is stored. It's not in a recognisable format (to me at least); I figure it's Kemper Secret Stuff™ and leave it well alone other than to drag the Kemper folder from App Support as part of my backup regime. Same applies to the Kemper folder in Documents. I've no idea what's in there, but I back it up nevertheless.

The Kemper Team™ will tell you (I think) that there's no need to do all this OCD-style backup, and that the Backup menu function in RM covers everything, which I've no doubt it does (I use that too!), but I like to keep copies of all RM folders as .kipr files as well as copies of the Kemper folders "just in case" anyway. This is a reflection of my anally-retentive nature as well as my incredible love for my KPA and profiles and fear of losing them.

I get it now though and soon I'll have some nicely organized folders of sick amps. Just found that old/rare amps sticky in the free profiles forum. Man is this stuff cool and fun!

Isn't it? It's ridiculous IMHO.

Perhaps I appreciate it more than some due to having endured modelling for 25 years as my exclusive (if you could call it that!) source of tone before jumping the plank.

Awesome. Just bloody awesome. Love it more every day.