Posts by Monkey_Man

It's just the Kemper Team™, John; it's in the final testing phase of the new delays.

I can hear 'em if I put an ear close to my Kemper:
    "Testing, one... one, tseuw... tseuw, one... one, tseuw... tseuw..." is what I'm hearing, often with more repeats.

I'm bettin' this is all it is, so I wouldn't worry, mate.

Nothing to see here, folks, so it's back to the usual programming schedule... schedule... schedule...

You need to see that Profiles also can be set to "private". This way, only your account (and your Rig Manager) can see those. If you've uploaded "private" Rigs, you have a higher rig count than others.
    Also, we had once removed about 250 Rigs because they were ripped and relabelled Rigs from others.

Thank you, Timo.

nothing really can be done. everybody uploading should have the freedom to remove the upload again. after all, it is his/her creation. what i don't necessarily understand is why this matters at all. we have 7k worth of rigs. that should be enough for everybody. if you feel that you don't want to miss out on a single rigs, make backups as frequently as you feel like doing so.

I agree about the freedom thing, G String; all I'm saying is that I wish folks would leave 'em up there unless updating them. I realise nothing can be done, but we could agree on a community "etiquette" as far as this is concerned, IMHO.

I realise it sounds greedy, but bear in mind I mentioned this in the context of the total Rig-count's growth rate, which after all is the subject of this thread. I s'pose I was wondering out 'loud how high said count would be now if it weren't for the deletions.

It's all good, esteemed Kemperites. I was also looking at it from the point of view of being even more attractive to potential buyers. 10 000 free Rigs looks better than 7000 on paper, if you know what I mean.

Oh yeah - double-dipping will suck the hummus out of your bowl, the mojo from your tone or even the blow from your stack in a hurry, and nobody likes a blown stack.

I've aways been bothered by the disappearance of Rigs almost as fast as they're uploaded. If it weren't for this, the total number would've grown a whole lot more quickly, and who knows how many more thousands would've been up there.

I used to keep a "Rig Exchange Legacy" folder in RM, reflected on the 'puter. Every so often, I'd drag the current Exchange content into a Mac folder. I'd then label the previous Exchange copy I had a certain colour, and drag those rigs into the newer folder. When asked if I wanted to overwrite, I'd say "no"; this way only Rigs that weren't in the current Exchange pool would be moved over. I'd then grab the coloured ones and add 'em to the "Legacy" folder.

I ended up deleting it when it got to around 350 Rigs I think. Too much bother to keep it up to date, and I also ended up with too many versions of some Rigs 'cause folks would replace older uploads with newer versions.

I had meant to start a thread about this, but this seems closely-related enough to be relevant. The question I have is, "What can be done to discourage folks from removing uploads altogether?". I'm not talking about updating with newer versions - just deletion altogether of Rigs that folks might've relied upon without copying (silly!), or more relevant still, ones that are yet to be "discovered" by all and sundry.

My philosophy on this is that it makes no sense to offer a free gift and then take it away, especially when there are no hosting costs whatsoever to the uploader, so... thoughts anyone?

Yup... still think a Kemper "performance" board would be awesome.

... and you're not alone, Ben.

I made that comment above based on what I heard folks saying on the forum last year. Seems there'd be a whole bunch of peeps ready to fall all over the thing should it become a reality, which of course would do our beloved company no harm whatsoever...

... and if all else fails, Guido's heavy profiles have as much if not more punch than any others I've heard, IMHO.

The energy of these profiles is palpable at any volume.

Well Skoczy, I think the real value of what Gianfranco has done is to provide a reference DI signal that we can use in troubleshooting.

If, say, somebody claims his / her unit "sounds funny" in some way or another, both he / she and we can pop this file through our Kempers to see if the issue manifests on both ends. If the Rig in question isn't on the exchange or a factory one (home-made, for example), it can be shared via attachment or placed in the exchange so we can all use the same signal as well as Rig. This ought to help very much in exposing (or otherwise) noise / glitch / hiss / scratchiness / volume / tone or response issues.

This was the general idea back when we discussed it last year, IIRC; I was keen for this to happen both for this reason as well as for general tweaking / auditioning without having to play.

Well, don't eat too much Bert; we'll need you to be in tip-top shape if you're ever going to do it again... profile that is. :D

Hey man, I choose to live in a world where Bert needs a whole new bunch of amps for his session work and will profile those, road test them and then send a new pack out. You're really bringing me down with all this "reality" garbage! :D

Sorry Maxy. LOL

There's still room for a bit 'o fantasy 'though, it seems, as Bert has confirmed above. I'll join you in the lobby, but be sure to bring your Kemper; it could be a long wait... :/