Posts by Monkey_Man

I've gotta laugh 'cause this sort of thing has happened before to me, but I swear it's not there, Guido.

I scanned the Videos page, checked the XTC Profile (Rigs) page, clicked the Taurus Next Step play button along with the Steve Lukather and Guido Bungenstock links where you described this video (under the "Ian Crichton of Saga lesson" section)... and no luck.

Don't worry about it mate; I'll stumble across it if I just keep pushing buttons like a monkey at a typewriter... :D

I'm the same, Gianfranco.

@Monkey_Man
    Ha! :D
    The truth is - I am a believer - in many ways - and "think it - get it" is concept I understand and use in my life - BUT nothing is perfect and when it comes to IT knowing is usually superior to believing.

Of course you know that was a tongue-in-cheek comment, eh bigHF? :D

don't rely on things to never change. you have no info on how things work and also which changes are in the making. all i can do is recommend to use the backup function in Rig Manager. there is a reason why we put it there.
    gs

Hmm... somewhat cryptic, but I think I'm sold.

From now on I'll keep my mirrored folder hierarchy as well as use the backup function from within RM.

Thank you, G String.

Fantastic. Sparkle and balls. Ripper, Guido!

great...interested in both ;)
    But what about the Uberschall? loving your Prpfiles as they´re the best I´ve heard so far...an there is no useful and ballsy- sounding Uberschall-profile anywhere so far...so..pleeeaase...do it!! ;)

If anyone can capture 'em, I reckon Guido can.

+1 for the balls.
    Sparkle is not so important (-;

Ha ha ha Frank.

Guido, I can't seem to find that video. Wassup with this? Is it just me mate?

As I can see I'm not the only one who thinks that Bert's profile-pack is outstanding. It's already a big part of my basic KPA-setup, I could have saved so much money if Bert would have been around earlier..... :whistling:

Exactly, Guenter. Me too!

I just spend a couple of hours playing with these profiles and I'm totally blown away by them. There are so many different sounds and they are all so good I just couldn't stop playing.
    I think these kinda profiles are the ones you need to truly get out of the Kemper what it has to offer.

The tonal balance is great, and when I compare it to other profiles I bought from different manufacturers, it does not have that boomyness or what I call unnecesary low end. But it does have the best and most detailed punch in the low AND high frequencies.
    This is something that makes the sound so much more high-end and expensive sounding in my ears, and it is a quality I have not heard very often out of a Kemper.

Outstanding job in creating these and overall absolute killer and inspiring sounds to use in my productions and on stage! Thanks Bert!

This, folks!

@Monkey_Man , thank you for your review man, it's a pleasure to read such reviews !!

Thoroughly deserved, Bert! I love to give credit where it's due, mate.

Monkey is right, Bert , i have bought just about every venders pack, yours is the only one i have NOT had to tweak AT ALL, (others i only had to do some minor stuff ) but the point being. Your Middle ground is pretty good man.

We all enjoy your playing and demos too!.
    Thanks for your hard work Bert

Ash

Couldn't (and didn't!) say it more concisely myself, Ash.

I love the demos too.

Believing everything is backed up is often very different from actually having everything backed up properly.

You're kidding, right? I thought believing something made it real, bigHF?

Dang... I'm gonna have to reassess my entire mod-titty-'cause blooper-andy... :D

I experienced the same fear before I bought mine, Tilli85; it's natural I think to feel this way before parting with a shedload of cash.

Of course, I'm going to say, "Go for it!" too, but the worst-case scenario is that you buy it and a new one is released. You'd have 4 options:

1) Sell it brand new with a 3-year warranty in order to be able to upgrade, which in theory shouldn't result in much of a loss.

2) Hang onto it in the face of a new model 'cause it's already the most awesome piece of kit you've ever used... or seen.

3) Hang onto it in the face of a new model 'cause you're happy to create and / or develop Rigs (presets) knowing that your work will not be for nought due to the new model's backward compatibility. A second-hand "newer" model could be picked up at some point in the future (with warranty if bought from original purchaser).

4) Sell it and buy an Axe FX 'cause the output converters aren't 96k, the FX are crap, the cabinet impulse responses don't use enough bits and are too short time-wise, profiling only captures a "static" snapshot of a setup in a certain place at a certain time and you don't want to be constrained in that way and the design looks like something from the Lost in Space era and doesn't belong in a modern studio. Be sure to vent these unfounded frustrations here, accusing us of being fanbois, before slamming the door and heading over to TGP, the Line6 or the FAS forum with our collective voices' final utterance of "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" echoing in your head. Note that the echo will not sound like an authentic spring reverb, at least, not if you do all this today.*

Yes, I trust that anything released in future will be backward-compatible; I just can't imagine Christoph and the team doing otherwise given the manner in which they've "looked after" all we grateful Kemperites.

In short, just do it mate.... YMWV (your mileage won't vary). :D

* Option 4 is to be discouraged.