Posts by nunofrg

hey guys

so i just received my kemper, im still confused to how to setup it to my act monitors, but so far the volume is way too loud for bedroom use, i tried to lower the volume through master volume and rig volume but this distorted profile just gets clean. i would like to lower the overall volume of it, how can i do it or better yet, what should i set it up on "output"?

i have 2 ways i can do this:

connect act monitors to the monitor out and direct out (how would i set this on output?)

or

connect to my apollo solo through main output, and then through the interface to the monitors i could lower the volume (and regulate volume through the interface), what should be the setup for this on main output? master stereo?

if i connect the apollo to the kemper through main output, what cables should it be? can i use something like xlr on the apollo, and trs on the kemper? thank you

(and sorry for the noob questions...still learning)

If you are using powered monitors you can connect directly to the main outputs without any interface. Or you can send the Main outs to a power amp which drives the speakers. An interface is only needed when recording audio on a computer.

but thats not what the manual says to do. i dont know anything, im getting a kemper soon and i dont have experience like you do, but the manual clearly says its through monitor out and direct out and theres nowhere written it should be through the main outputs, as shown in the picture (which came from another post here in the forum by another fellow kemper user).

in 2015 i tried a kemper and did monitors direct to main outs and i hated so much the tone or thought it wasnt convincing to the point i returned the kemper. i think this isnt a very debated question and its very easily confused of how it should be.

That set up is correct.

the monitors will get the full Studio Profile but will never get the Kone Imprints. The Monitor Out with Monitor Cab Off ticked and Kone on will get the imprints.

now im not understanding myself.

if you connect the monitors (2 monitors) direct to the kemper with no kone neither no interface, where should you connect?

the image from the manual tells this: [Blocked Image: https://i.ibb.co/GPSHkvP/2-powered-speakers.jpg]

unless you use the interface and then you connect to the main outs, what am i getting wrong?

welcome to the Kemper Kab club !

Have non-powered Toaster since 2013 but do not play often - pure hobby.

Have Powered Yamaha HS8 connected to Main Out. 2 weeks ago I received Kemper Powered Kabinet to achieve this "amp in room" sound - much more 'percussive' - Monitor never gave that Palm Mute Percussion effect i get with Amp.

you have the monitors connected directly to the main output? if so why? because i did that mistake and the kemper sounded way worse than it should, you should connect them to the monitor out and direct out and set to stereo.

For rack/toaster, return input and direct out/send.

Stage has two dedicated loops (or 1 in stereo).

Select Loop for the stomp.

yes i just checked this video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    and it was super useful!

thank you :)

hey guys, sorry for the noob questions:

Im about to get the kemper and i have some questions about it

1: i have some pedals (mainly a distortion and a clean boost) that i love and made part of my sound, would love to incorporate them with the kemper. has anyone been using pedals (specially distortion) with kemper? hows the results been?

2 about rig manager i have a mac that doesnt have usb but micro usb. how do you make the connections to the kemper?

thank you!

Hello!

Im about to buy a rack kemper. I use 2 iloud mtm active monitors and have a uad apollo solo interface to connect to my mac.

are these 2 options ok to do?

- can i connect the monitors direct to kemper? (how do you do that, "direct output" and "monitor output" as i read?)

- can i connect the monitors to the interface, and then the interface connected to the kemper through "main output" to the interface? if so, which cables have to be used from interface to kemper? (trs?)

thank you!

i miss low end and punch i would get from a 4x12 cab. i guess this is mainly because of the size of the speakers of the hs5, which are only 5´...

however when i use my big dr dre headphones its a totally different story/animal, comparing to the hs5. but i really dont want to play with headphones...

hey guys!

i play my kemper through 2x yamaha hs5 monitors, which im not totally happy with and im thinking in getting new speaker/cabs

what do you prefer/what should be better :

- getting a nice 1x12 real guitar cab with a V30 speaker powered through a powered kemper or non powered kemper with added camplifier
    - getting better active monitors and if so which
    - other option you would do

i usually play metal stuff at home (apartment) and usually dont play with much volume because of my stupid neighbours that dont appreciate good music x) , so a PA system or a 4x12 wont work..

so yeah, what you would do? and btw what do you guys actually use?

thanks in advance ;)

btw guys my speakers started to make a little zzzz in the background while connected to the kemper and i think the sound got thinner and less powerful, besides of volume cut as well... but when i connect the monitors to my interface it works perfectly fine as it always worked and no zzzz whatsoever, only when the monitors are connected to the kemper the zzzz starts.

i´ve tried turning off and on or turning down the volume of the kemper and everything and never seems to the zzz disapear. using the headphones theres no buzz at all in them, only with the monitors.... what can i do? :S help!

EDIT: nevermind, problem solved. i simply changed the power outlet to another in my room, where i didnt use a multiple outlet together with the kemper. thanks anyway :)

hello guys! its a pleasure for me to be part of kemper community!

however ive bought my kemper (non powered version) today and im having some problems with it (noob questions..)

gear:
    2x yamaha hs5 monitors
    scarlett focusrite 2i2
    kemper
    dr dre headphones

connecting only my monitors to the kemper through xlr cables (xlr half connected to each speaker and the other which is normal cable connected to the kemper itself) should be done in the "main output" left and right respectively right? or should i connect in a different place with different cables? because doing this the tone isn´t that great, however if i connect my dr dre headphones to the headphone input the tone is amazing, 100x better than through the monitors... so what should i do to improve it or am i doomed with this gear?

what gear do you use to get the tone out of your kempers?

and btw how do you install the firmware update on the kemper? :S

im kinda dissapointed with this, and maybe thinking in returning it just because of this... so i REALLY appreciate your help... thank you!