Posts by Super62

where can I try that soundside profile? Doing some acoustic stuff soon, and I would love to know where there's some good profiles I can run my HD-28 into.

I understand your disappointment there. It is a drag when you can't break it out for gigs you're looking forward to and dialing in sounds. In my experience the Kemper team are highly communicative about issues/questions/concerns so I'm sure they will sort you out. I'm interested to know how it turns out though!

Best of luck, and I hope they figure it out before your gigs start in 2 weeks time!

Ok, so I'm very new to the KPA thing, and I've recently bought a few rigs, and even the rigs I'm using so far I want to normalize the volume when I switch from my favorites. Here is what I know so far:

I'm not concerned with input volume when it comes to normalizing the volume from amp to amp. In fact, I plan to leave it at 0 even when I switch guitars aside from where there might be a drastic difference in output. I know these amps will react differently to different guitars, just like with the physical amp. I'm not worried about that.

My trouble is that I would like to have a unity volume between my clean, crunch, and lead sounds that I may be using. Should I be adjusting the output volume or rig volume? And I'm assuming when I make whichever adjustment I need I then need to store the rig (using the replace option) and not the output module itself so that I can keep them varying from rig to rig.

If I use the rig volume, will that change the character of the profile similar to adjusting the master volume on an amp?

Right now I'm using my pedal board into the KPA until I get a Remote, so I'm using just base sounds and then flavoring/boosting them to taste with my various drives and effects. I'm using only dry amp signals, so neither of the effects modules (pre or post) will be in use here.

A couple of other questions unrelated to the volume issues.

I have a Pigtronix Dual Expression pedal, which I currently use to control my Strymon pedals. If I were to connect that through both of its outs to my KPA or a remote, I think I understand correctly that the Wah module will only engage if I turn on the corresponding stomp, but since it's a dual pedal if I do that will the volume function still be simultaneously manipulated? If so, is there a way I can disengage that function only when I activate the Wah on that stomp? There are times I would like to control two functions at once, say a leslie speed and my delay mix. Can that work?

Lastly, I recently bought some TAF profiles (The AFD Marshall, 1963 Vox, and 69 Superlead) and I tried a couple of the AFD profiles very briefly and found them surprisingly lacking in bass and presence. I know I can tweak these things to taste, and I will, but has anyone found a similar issue with those particular profiles? I was using a single coil guitar at the time, but it is a very beefy strat that normally reacts very similarly to my PAF clone pickups in my HB guitars.

Thanks for making it through this thread, and for any advice you may have for me.

Chad

Thank you guys!

Sambrox, seen load of your posts. Always helpful advice, and no exception here.

Lonestargtr, way to not just send me directly to your site :). Classy move! But I've already been there and plan to do a little browsing over the next few hours. ;)

My Power Rack finally showed up yesterday! (The wait wasn't all that long, I was just excited and impatient haha)

So I'm going to take it out tomorrow night and gig it doing an Eagles tribute. Haven't had much time to flip through profiles, so what I'd like is some forum input!

What are my essential profiles? Preferably mostly clean profiles for the gig tomorrow, as I will be using my pedal board to add gain to them. But hit me with the angry ones too. Don't have a preference as to free profiles or commercial profiles. I will buy a bunch soon anyway, so this will help me get started. If they are "mix-ready" profiles that would be ideal, because time to tweak is minimal at the moment.

Looking forward to getting started tone hunting!

That makes perfect sense! Thank you for the input guys. Can I tweak what stomps are going into each rig in my performance with the software, or just with the unit itself?

p.s. just checked my tracking and my KPA is here haha. Still won't be delivered until tomorrow though. X(

So basically just set up 5 performances per band, in which each performance has 5 rigs all with their own effects, correct?

And then I should space those performances out instead of doing something like this:

1-5 Band A
    6-10 Band B
    11-15 Band C

Is there any reason they couldn't be that close together? And then load the same thing onto multiple USB sticks so that I have a backup of my performances in case one malfunctions?

Thank you for your help Paul. And I may be way out to lunch, but if I saw what I think I saw on the forums earlier, then happy belated birthday to you! :)

I'm in a situation where I play with a lot of different bands from week to week. Is it possible to organize say 5 performances for each band and load those as my first 5 default performances depending on which band I will be playing with and then control them from my Remote (if I can wait long enough for that before I decide to buy something else)? If so, is it a lengthy process to have these set up for different bands and to load them in on a weekly basis? My Power Rack is still in the mail, so I haven't had a chance to try out organizing performances or anything yet.

Wow. # 1 That pedalboard setup sounds amazing. It probably SOUNDS great as well. # 2 My first reccomendation is that the fcb 1010 is way cheap (comparitively) as are the uno4kemper chip and eureka prom which make it plug and play. The quality of the built in pedals are terible though but can easily be modded with your skills to utilize standard expression pedals as well as phantom power. # 3 My ideal board seems to keep evolving the longer I own the kemper and I get better aquainted with its internal effects as will yours Im sure.

Haha I'm a bit of a pedal junkie! It's been a long process figuring out what I wanted, and this board does sound killer. I'm contemplating just using this board with the Kemper for a bit. I may end up having no need for a remote, but I'm interested to see the full capabilities of the KPA with its proprietary hardware. Thank you for the input though, and I may try a behringer out for the time being.

Eric, I'm more than convince the GCPro can do amazing things and it sounds like you've got it pretty well dialed in to do everything but play guitar for you ;) I'm jealous of that. Be curious to see how it pairs with your pedals and power rack! Mine is slated to be delivered on Thursday, so I will keep you posted haha

My biggest thing is live functionality. My Power Rack is set to arrive next Thursday. Debating ordering the remote this week, because I know the wait list is long. I'm going to use my board for the time being. Which is easier to control? The Roland or the Behringer? The main reason for wanting the Kemper Remote for me is that I know proprietary hardware will be super easy to program and as long as I can dial in the sounds on the unit it will make them very accessible for me. And I do a lot of very different gigs that require different sounds so I would like to be able to use the Rig Manager software to configure my remote and KPA for whatever gig I've got coming up next. Some are simpler than others, but some require very specific sounds that I need to get on the fly. My midi controller on my pedal board is acting as the brain for my pseudo complex switching now. Would like the flexibility of global changes that this unit is seemingly very well equipped to handle.

Hey!
    I purchased a power rack version last Friday direct from Kemper, and it is currently on its way to Canada via Germany as we speak. I am super stoked to get my hands on it. I plan to use it extensively live and in the studio. Right now I have a crazy pedal board. Myself and a friend of mine have a small business here and we build flight cases, custom pedal boards, and offer custom pedal board wiring so we have gone through a few boards of our own in the last year testing things out.

Perhaps my most important concern is whether or not my board will gel well with this setup.

Firstly, here is my boards current setup.

I have a True Bypass Looper that runs the following things: Diamond Comp, Maxon OD9, Xotic SL Drive, Klon KTR, Frantone Peach Fuzz, Xotic EP Booster (My Looper also has a TRS jack that runs to my midi controller for a master tap tempo for my midi devices)

My Disaster Area DMC-6D controls patches on my Strymons (Timeline & Mobius) which are both run with a pigtronix Dual expression pedal so I can control them both.

Alongside those I run a Strymon Bluesky and Boss Harmonist.

I also have a custom I/O box we built with a switchable signal chain that will allow me to run all my effects into the front of my amp(s) or I can split my signal and send all my wet effects into the effects loop of 1 or 2 amps, depending on my setup. Normally I have been running everything to the front end of the amp, and I'm wondering if that would be my best option with the Kemper or if I should be using the onboard loop from the effects section.
    I may be wrong on this, but could I assign a stereo effects loop for my wet effects to the X or MOD button, then lock that to always on in my performance mode enabling me to continue using my board and midi controller as normal? Then just hit the front end with my drive pedals like I would a standard tube amp?

Despite my affinity for pedals and my love of this insane board I currently run, I'm also looking for advice on a foot controller. Ideally I would like something capable of 2 way communication so I can see my patch names when I'm not near my rack.

Obviously I have looked into the Remote from Kemper, but my only problem there is that it will take me upwards of 3 1/2 months to get one according to the site, and I am gigging very regularly. Bare minimum one night a week, usually more like 3-4. I would like to be able to access all these awesome features of having many different amps at the touch of a button on a moments notice.

I have looked at some others as well like the Mastermind, Ground Control, Softstep 2, FCB 1010, etc. but I'm wondering what the general consensus is on what is the best pairing. I know the price I'm willing to pay would be a factor in what the best pairing is, but price is not a huge concern for me. I just want to have the accessibility and ease of use I get from using my pedal board, but through using the onboard effects and amp models in the Kemper. I would like all my sounds to be self contained and the sooner I can have a foot controller to help me attain that the better. (Anyone selling a Remote? :) )

Also, a friend of mine is building me a wedge style cab with a 112 speaker (Eminence Beta 12-CX), a crossover, and a tweeter that will be designed to angle up at me and have my rack placed on top. Not sure if anyone has tried this particular combo of things to see if it works, but my aim is to get as close to my FOH feed as possible for my on stage monitoring.

Sorry for my rambling post, but I am beyond excited to get this thing, and I have a million and a half questions, and you all seem so helpful in all these threads. Any words of advice you may have, even words not pertaining directly to any of my above concerns would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Chad