Posts by sleiweke

I would not obsess too much about the dimensions of the Kabinet. I have used a Kemper Kabinet with my kemper and it sounded great. I then had Mojotone.com build me one of their 1-12 Lite cabinets (open back) and put a Kone in it. It sounds great. I’m convinced if a regular speaker sounds great in a cabinet, then a Kone will sound great in that same cabinet.

When using an external amp to power the Kone, I’ve noticed that the signal from the kemper can overload the input of the external amp. I’m not sure if that’s possible with the internal amp or not. When this happens using the external amp, I turn down the monitor output volume in the output section. Then turn up the amplifier output. Is that an option in a powered kemper?

Did you check to make sure you were not hitting the input of the powerstage too hard? It was designed to see the level coming from a pedal board. The monitor output from a KPA can be much hotter than a guitar/pedal signal. Maybe try setting the output of your monitor output to -15db? Just a couple thoughts.

I have the ISP Stealth Pro power amp. I use it for gigs and at home. It works perfectly well. It is not a class D amp!

I had the ISP Stealth. I think it was great for running the kemper into a regular guitar cab. But When I connected it to my Kemper Kab, at very low volume it was ok. But once it reached a moderate volume, (a small not full volume rehearsal) I noticed a high frequency distortion that almost sounded like a rattle in the speaker. Kind of metallic sounding. I actually thought it was a problem with my Kab. The ISP is not class D. When pushed hard it’s designed to have some saturation to it. When this meets the Kemper Kab’s ability to reproduce high frequencies, it’s not my favorite. I moved to the Seymour Duncan Powerstage and it’s great.

Got a questions for you guys, maybe you can help me figure this out:

When I'm in browse mode, and it use the tap tempo on my remote, it have it set to pass the midi clock (tap info) to an external delay unit. It works great. Now once I switch over to Performance mode, the midi clock info is no longer sent to the outboard delay. Is there something I need to reconfigure to make that happen? Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known thing and I'm just now coming across it?

Thanks for you help!

sleiweke