Posts by sercho

Thanks guys.

The cable is ok, because my dunlop works fine with it. I'll have to try the moog as a vol pedal as u suggested, and wil also try to skip the remote here and plug it right in the back of the kpa (pluggin thru the remote ATM)...

Hi everyone!

This thread is about expression pedals...

I have both a dunlop VP3 and a Moog EP-3; I use the dunlop as a volume pedal and the moog as wah pedal because I like the longer sweep of the dunlop for doing smoother swells and the shorter one in the moog for the wah.

But recently I've begun to have an issue with the moog, something began to feel wrong when using the wah: it couldn't 'open' the wah all the way up. I proceeded to re-calibrate but it couldn't calibrate all the way up either. So i ended up removing it and using the dunlop instead, but now i don't have a volume pedal :(

Anyone has had a similar issue with this lil guy?

It's kinda weird because the pedal isn't even a year old and I've treated it carefully, I don't think it's a mechanical problem...

Thin and distant are the opposite adjectives I'd use to refer to MBritt's profiles, actually! It seems weird to me that you're getting that 'crappy' sound you describe, and the most surprising is you only get that with his profile but not with freebies or other vendors'.

I've experienced the feeling of buying a pack from a commercial seller (not talking about MBritt here) and being quite dissapointed of the tones I was getting (taking into account everyone seemed to love those profiles), but I could not say the tones were that bad. Out of that around 30 profiles pack I bought, I'd use between 2 and 4.

From MBritt I've his free official pack and a couple of single amps and I like 'em.

To me they sound darker than average but quite beefy, definitely not thin at all! Actually very suitable for a live performance at loud volumes.

What guitar are you using?

Cheers.

I popped in a music shop today and spotted a mooer (red truck??). Dont know much abou them other than odd adverts and mentions here. Similar size foot device to the flyrigs- like a foot-long pencil case.
    I could see the unit was wired up for instant demo and before seeking to audition the device (curious rather than a burst of GAS) pressed a few buttons to confirm it was alive and then pushed the distortion button which presented the unit with an in built microphone. I cant imagine this is true but the device was so microphonic, like the dirtiest-cheapest single-coil pickup you could imagine was connected.
    This high-gain feature exaggerated what was present even when the option was disengaged. With the overdrive enabled and the output monitor turned up any louder than than conversation volume, the acoustic-feedback would be unusable. Maybe this is defeated when plugging in a guitar but that was my first encounter with a mooer and so i left it there. Not impressed.
    Has any one else played with one or own one?

I actually own a mooer tender octaver (which I no longer use), which is sort of an EH micro POG clone, for some it sounds even better. It worked flawlessly and sounded quite good to my ears. Nevertheless the first unit i bough didn't work at all and they had to send me another unit, which I used in many rehearsals and gigs without any issue.

I had a similar experience with a DXR-12, then bought a camplifier and tried the thing with a couple of cabs... And I don't think I'm gonna go back to FRFR anytime soon. Just remember to 'unify the internal cab thing' as you called it... to me, FOH is the most important side of your sound because all in all that's what the audience is gonna hear!

Anyone heard of this guy?? He's just 22 but the boy can sing... And the bloody mother*****r can play!

Awesome control of his guitar.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just decided to ask Mooer guys direclty through DM on facebook, they said this:

"GE200 preamp is the same tech as micro preamp ,but maybe 85~90%close, and radar cab sim is better than ge200.but GE200 is multi effects"

Regarding cabs it's all clear (even if you use your own IR's in the ge-200, you don't have as many eqing options as in the radar), but I don't get what they said about the preamps, I guess they mean that although they have the same technology the micro preamp is 10-15% closer to the real thing than the ge200... I asked them again, just to clarify... waiting for the response.

Cheers!

Yes, I'm not really into buying profiles for a while, though; I've got a good bunch of them already and not even using the 15% of them...

A few months ago I purchased one pack from a renowned seller and I was like... meh, I mean, there was about 2-3 profiles I really liked out of about 100...

But I seem to have a different opinion than most of the commercial profiles consumers.

So, as a general statement I'd say I prefer more affordable single profiles or mini-packs (between 2 and 4 profiles of the amp) rather than huge packs which seem a bit like a waste of money to me.