Posts by Frodebro

Ah yeah, all about down-sizing these days.... Think everyone seems to be, haha! Well that was a smart move to make if you had those other 3 pedals -- it is a great unit, just think the price is a little steep.

That's exactly what I'd be doing with it as that was one of the main reasons for me opting to try it - wish more units incorporated bluetooth / ipad apps considering the technology is there and useful! Don't suppose you have any sweet presets you could share to show me how the H9 can really shine ...?

Cheers!

I really like the modechoverb preset. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance and post some settings.

If the source code sounds good in the mix, then it's the right sound for the job. :D

Yes, they're a bit on the expensive side. But, like I said, I have had the other three pedals for a number of years, so I knew that there were certain things that I wanted, only in a more compact format that I could just stash in the back of the rack (I use H9 Control with my iPad to configure everything, so the H9 is tucked away out of sight).

All it is is a reference to the guitar that was used when dialing in the amp prior to making the profile. A 'neutral' profile will sound good with just about anything, but some guitars may need specific adjustments made to the tone controls to get them to sound their best. I use completely different settings on my Boogie when using my Telecaster compared to how I set it up for a Les Paul, for example.

AXE sounds close to what? Because Kemper very close to profiled amp what you can find on multiple videos. So we agreed here that AXE models developers' interpretation of an amp. Thank you.

I didn't say the Axe sounded close to anything-I said it sounded GOOD. You can find 20 different JCM-800 profiles on the Rig Exchange that don't sound identical, but they all obviously came from actual 800s. I don't care if any of the profiles in the KPA sound EXACTLY like anything, either. That's just a bunch of nit-picky BS for people to argue about on the internet. As long as I can get good sounds that fit what I'm doing, I don't care if it's a profile of a BOSS Metal Zone into a Peavey Bandit or an Axe-FX model of a Grunge pedal into a Blues Junior with a red plating tube. I really don't care.

Indeed, I can't understand all this "doesn't sound like the real thing": no amp sounds like another of the same model, specially after some use and at high volumes...

Exactly. Line up three Plexis side by side, and they're not going to sound "exactly" like each other due to component drift, and the tolerances of the components to begin with. This is rock and roll, not nuclear physics. Close enough is good enough.

Good stuff man! What makes you say that :) ??

I think it takes it to another level because it can do stuff that the KPA can't (at least not yet). I'm a long-time owner of a Timefactor, a Modfactor, and a SPACE, so finding my way around the parameters on the H9 was easy. For many things the effects in the KPA are perfectly fine, but there are certain things where the H9 fills in the gaps (spring reverb and expression pedal control of any parameter I want are the two big ones).

There are quite a few profiles of the Axe-FX on the Rig Exchange that sound pretty damn good to me. Whether or not they sound "exactly" like anything doesn't matter, they still sound great. At some point I'll be buying one, no question about that.