Posts by Frodebro

Scott Peterson is part owner or full owner of the digital modeling gear forum " part of TGP and he's always Betta Testing AXE FX firmwares. He's 100% biased in favor of AXE FX and would delete any content not favorable of AXE FX. He might leave it for a few days. It's an emotional thing, as I doubt he gets anything from Beta Testing. It's actually counterproductive and bad for business as he's really hurting his business "the modeling forum" since clearly many people have experienced the bias and censorship and don't frequent that forum anymore.

I disagree. I'm a long time member there (as well as having been a member of the old PRS forum that TGP morphed from), and I have seen plenty of examples of negative thoughts on the Fractal not going anywhere, as well as nothing but objective responses from Scott regarding every product mentioned. Things only get deleted when they break the forum rules, and anything Fractal related that is deleted is done due to excessive arguments or trolling. Objective and rational criticism never gets deleted (unless it's part of a thread that goes sideways and gets hosed).

However what could be a good strategy for Kemper is to release a non-profiler profiles-reader that could only read special profiles of drive pedals (could not read actual amp profiles) especially made by Kemper for this specific stomp box device. The users could buy the profiles they want and load them in their devices. Each stomps reader could read one profile at a time. It would be similar to the Eventide H9 formula but for drive pedals.

Digitech tried this with the iStomp. It didn't do very well.

I don't have mine in front of me right now, but I'm pretty sure it's just "Store", then "entire rig", then "replace". This will save all changes you made to the stack and effects, and save it under the name of the preset you just changed.

I've found that it's best to dial in profiles while listening through whichever monitors or headphones you'll be using. What sounds great through one may not work as well with something else. I have (sort of) duplicate profiles that are specifically EQed for headphones and my monitors. Effects will also sound different through headphones than they do through a monitor or speaker cab, which is another good reason to have a second set of profiles.

R.u.sirius posts here a lot. In face you should do a search for him in the free rigs subforum. He no longer shares rigs on the Kemper Rig Exchange bc people were giving him one star ratings (obviously unjustified or having unrealistic expectations given what he was actually profiling). He still posts lots of rigs through dropbox links in threads.

FRP is great also but havent seen his name in a while. Also check out Jevo, DJEMass, and GRStudios.

I'm glad that r.u. sirius is still sharing profiles here, some of my favorites are his.

if i,ve got 3.1.0 beta and it all seems to work with/and 1.5 rig manager, is it worth upping to 3.1.1beta before the release version comes out?

Well, it's one better, innit? When everybody else is soloing on 3.1.0 and they need a little bit more, they've got nowhere to go. But 3.1.1 gives you one more.

:D

Apparently he did a whole series of videos for the G System and his ambition is to do the same for KPA. I hadn't heard of him before seeing this posted on FB, but people in the thread there seem to be excited that he would take this on. He'd previously stated he would be doing tutorials for the FX8, but decided against it when he tried the Kemper. I haven't seen the vid yet, but I'll br glad if he comes up with something I hadn't tried or thought of :)

I'm very familiar with his G-System Videos series, he does a really good job of explaining how to get the most out of the unit and how to nail popular artists' sounds/effects. Hopefully he'll do the same thing for the KPA.