Posts by Frodebro

Just a couple things to check off of the top of my head:

If you're not running anything in the G-System loops, make sure they're all set to "off". Double check to make sure that the insert loop isn't locked in the 'on' position. This will kill the signal if a loop is engaged with nothing in it. Do you have the correct input selected for the G-System (front/rear)?

I have a few guitars that I've owned since the late eighties/early nineties, all have had multiple pickup swaps through the years. In my case, changing to drastically different pickups has had a pretty big impact on how those guitars sound. I haven't experimented with swapping Floyds for stop bars or planing off maple caps and grafting on mahogany to determine how much impact those things have, but I do know that changing pickups can have quite a big impact on the sound. And I'm not a high gain player for the most part, either. Lots of classic rock and cleaner stuff.

Overdrive and distortion pedals work best in front of the amp (and at instrument level signals). The X slot is line level and after the amp/cab, so that's not the best place for the loop for your application. Try it in one of the A-D loops.

No.You nailed it very well.Just one comment to your 1):

Floyd Rose style bridges(more so the ones "floating") need more instant tweaking.

My 70s Strat and my custom made Les Paul sound instantly (without much tweaking) great with any great profile(more so with Plexis,Jcm800s,Fender-Twins,Vox etc from the rig exchange) but my very good Custom ESP from the late 80s sounds some what harsh and a little bit fizzy with most high gain profiles(though this guitar sounds fantastic with my Steavens Poundcake and more so my Rectifier).For me it helps when I use less presence and more treble with most great higain profiles.

I would think that the pickups in the ESP have a bigger influence on how it sounds than the bridge does. My Floyd-equipped guitar sounds just as good as my other guitars. The tone is slightly different (it has different pickups in it), but it's definitely not harsh or fizzy.

Here's the current list of CC#s. I don't see anything for the loop mix (oh, I dug through the manual and found that it can indeed be run as a parallel loop):

CC #1 Wah (pedal)
    CC #4 Pitch (pedal)
    CC #7 Volume (pedal)
    CC #16 Stomp Invert (inverts on/off state of Stomps A-D, X, and MOD)
    CC #17 Stomp A
    CC #18 Stomp B
    CC #19 Stomp C
    CC #20 Stomp D
    CC #22 Stomp X
    CC #24 Stomp Mod
    CC #26 Delay (without spillover)
    CC #27 Delay (with spillover)
    CC #28 Reverb (without spillover)
    CC #29 Reverb (with spillover)
    CC #30 Tap
    CC #31 Tuner select
    CC #33 Rotary Speaker speed (slow/fast)
    CC #48 Increase Performance Index (switch to next rig) **
    CC #49 Decrease Performance Index (switch to next rig) **
    CC #50 Slot 1 of Current Performance **
    CC #51 Slot 2 of Current Performance **
    CC #52 Slot 3 of Current Performance **
    CC #53 Slot 4 of Current Performance **
    CC #54 Slot 5 of Current Performance **
    CC #68 Delay Mix (for expression pedal)
    CC #69 Delay Feedback (for expression pedal)
    CC #70 Reverb Mix (for expression pedal)
    CC #71 Reverb Time (for expression pedal)
    CC #72 Gain
    CC #119 7-bit NRPN messages (A full documentation for NRPN can be found here. There you’ll find the Kemper Profiler MIDI Documentation (System Exclusive (SysEx) documentation).
    ** Performance Mode Only

Awesome - thanks Frodebro !

Would the Alternative Input be disabled by the guitar input on the front ?

The alternative input is automatically overridden as a guitar input when you use the front panel input, but it still functions as a second loop return.

Well, if you're willing to put in the time you could alway copy and paste everything into the local library, then move them back over to the profiler library (one at a time) in the desired order...