Posts by Frodebro

Likely yes.

A tube power amp will indeed color the sound a bit compared to a decent SS amp, but not enough to nullify the effectiveness of the Kab. I have run my profiler through its own internal amp, through a couple of different tube rack power amps (one with EL84s, one with 5881s), and into the loop returns of various tube amps. IMO, the speaker selected will always have a greater impact on the overall sound than the power amp used will.

8 pages! That was quick!

So the speakers are available in some markets now, but the software that lets it do the magic speaker impersonation is in a future release? I'm not sure what the extra benefit is over my existing FRFR powered cabs and Celestion- loaded guitar cab.

The benefit is that FRFR speakers are not truly flat-they all have bumps & dips in their frequency response that varies from model to model. This means that the same profile will sound different when run through different monitoring systems. Many people have commented/complained that profiles that they purchased do not sound the same as the demos they have seen. This is usually due to different monitoring systems used by the venders versus the person buying the profiles.

With the Kone/Kab, the frequency response of the speaker is known and compensated for in the software, so the results will be the same sound for every unit with the only remaining variable being the guitar used.

So i have a tube power amp from my Line 6 Spider. The power amp is actually designed by Bogner. It has two 6L6 tubes.

This would probably colour the sound too much in way that it would't make sense to get the Kone?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, the Kab is just a speaker that can utilize the software to mimic many speakers. So you will still get the full benefits of the Kab itself regardless of your power amp. I typically use either the internal amp in my KPA or a QSC power amp, but once in a while I'll run the Kemper through my Marshall 9100 (eight 5881s), and while it does sound a bit different compared to the SS amps, it still sounds really good.

Please tell me what real circumstances may occur, to be in Need of the Speaker's or even the Profiler's volume limitations. Even on a loud stage with a loud Drummer and the bass-bins under stage I never needed so much volume at all.

Most sane people wouldn't have any legitimate reason to run that much volume, but that doesn't mean that somebody won't crank it up just to see how loud it can go. Guitarists have been blowing speakers since the earliest days of electric amplification, so it's bound to happen.

I need to pay more attention, I missed that! I guess theoretically you can have a max of up to 4 speakers running ( 16 ohm load)?

Will it damage the KPA if I/someone added more than 4 i.e. too much load ( not that I would)?

Defo liking this - I can get a few and then take as many as a gig demands!

No, it won't hurt it at all. Increasing the impedance will lower the output wattage though (basic Ohm's Law), but the powered KPAs have so much headroom that it won't be much of an issue. I run my powered rack into a Marshall 1960B cab set to 16 ohms all the time.

the output at 4ohms is “electronically limited to 600w” so that is the absolute maximum it will put out.

Which is still triple what the speaker is rated for. I know that I wouldn't push it hard enough to blow the speaker, but I have a feeling that there are going to be folks that are going to light that sucker up.

The Kabs have Series connections on the back of them. If you daisy chain two of them in mono , it will be an 8 ohm load.

This answers the question I had in the back of my mind. A four ohm driver with a 200W nominal power handling seemed like not an ideal match for the powered Kempers, which put out triple that at eight ohms (let alone four ohms!). I do understand the concept behind clean headroom and "overpowering" your speakers to ensure clean power always, but it seems like a recipe for problems to have that much power available with a speaker that can only safely handle a fraction of it. I wonder how many people will not be careful and wind up blowing these speakers...

Kemper shared the first video of this series in their social media. I doubt there is something like that with two big names of Kemperland like M Britt and Tone Junkie...

Yeah, that would be about the same as Gibson or Marshall telling Slash not to talk about their products...

Honestly, I don't see why anybody would want to use these speakers/cabs with anything other than a Kemper. Sure, they're just standard passive speaker cabs, but what sets them apart is that Kemper has designed software for the the profiler to achieve specific sounds with these units. If you're running something other than a Kemper, there are options out there that will yield much better results.

will the speaker imprints only work with the Kemper Kone

or will it be possible to try them with other frfr speakers ?

I think that the speaker imprints are designed to work specifically with the known frequency response of the Kemper Tone speaker, so using them with a different speaker kinda negates the point of the whole thing.