Posts by Frodebro

What made the JTM different from the Fender Bassman were the 12" speakers. To the best of my knowledge that's the only difference. Of course, more innovations came later. Likewise, Friedman has amps that are very different from typical "Marshall" offerings, such as the Butterslax.

I don't think Friedman has ever tried to pretend he wasn't massively influenced by Marshall's or modded Marshall's. Like you said, even his aesthetic is very Plexi-like. But there's a difference, to me, in hat-tipping or wearing your origins on your sleeve vs stealing.

There were differences in the output section as well, as 6L6s were harder to come by in England so EL34s were substituted. Another difference down the line was that Leo Fender was continually working on getting his amps cleaner and cleaner, and Marshall discovered that there was an untapped market for dirty, so subsequent (Marshall) models were designed with distortion as a goal.

I've encountered the occasional hiccup here and there through the multiple updates I've done over the past four years, but to my recollection the issues I had were all related to parameters shifting a bit that needed to be restored to my settings. I noticed no change in my rigs with the latest update.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi, this is my tribute Floyd band. All of the profiles are Mr.Brit ;)

Thank you for posting this! I will normally listen to thirty seconds or so of a typical short video just to hear what the player has going on, but I watched the entire video this time. Great job by you and everybody in the ensemble!

I spent about four years in a cover band back in the nineties and in that time I discovered that in most cases with a band, nailing the "right" tone and effects was pointless. A three-channel tube amp was all I needed to cover everything from classic country to Guns-N-Roses. The only effect I ever used was a wah pedal, and that was very rare.

I have a rack mount graphic EQ stashed away, but there's really no reason to use it with the KPA. The EQs in the Kemper are plenty good enough on their own.

Even the delay settings aren't that critical. For years 375ms was my preferred delay time. Now I just scroll until it sounds right and don't worry about what the numbers say.

Fine tuning is generally unnecessary, though. If you're setting a bandpass frequency, for example, you're absolutely not going to hear any difference between 7kHz and 6,998hz.

i never tried stereo and always went mono in front of an amp. I know it works with the stereo effect loop but my question was if there is a way to run the stereo board into the front WITHOUT using the effect loop.

I want to be able to use stereo or mono depending on the situation without having too much trouble unplugging and plugging back in cables on the board.

Not into the front, no. The first point in the chain that is able to become stereo is the X slot right after the cab block.

The Kemper input is mono, as is the amp and cab blocks. The only way to utilize stereo effects is using the stereo loop after the amp block. The powered Kemper has a mono amplifier, so you cannot run a stereo signal out without running the (line level) main outputs into a stereo power amp to drive your stereo cab.