Posts by Frodebro

So besides the wattage handling on the KPA speaker, what else specifically might be different between it and the FX-200 then?

FRFR speakers tend to have a fairly wide dispersion due to their design, Mr. Kemper brought up the "beaminess" of the Kemper speaker a couple of times, so I'm guessing that the Kemper speaker, though essentially full range, was tweaked to behave more like a guitar speaker and less like a typical FRFR speaker.

Either way, this is all just another "Hey, let's all run this for 200 pages speculating and arguing about something that doesn't even exist in the wild yet" thread, so we're all just throwing out ideas to keep ourselves entertained until the cabs hit the market.

Hello Frodebro,

Please note the qualifications, highlighted in bold blue font:

I posted what I did because I've seen more than one person here and on TGP thinking that the new Kemper speaker is going to be the same thing as Celestion's existing FX-200, which it's pretty much certain not to be.

Celestion makes a proprietary Vintage 30 for Mesa/Boogie that you won't find in cabs by any other manufacturer. It's not just that Randall Smith wants them made in England, but there is also a tweak to the voicing.

It's probably the same thing with the new Kemper speaker: Start with an existing model, and then tweak it from there to achieve the desired results for this particular application. It wouldn't surprise me if the wattage rating was increased as well, as the powered KPA has enough clean power on tap to smoke the voice coil in the stock FX-200, which would be a warranty concern for sure.

here is more info on the new celestion speaker:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's not the speaker that Celsestion worked with Kemper to produce, though. It might utilize similar characteristics, but if the bone-stock FX-200 was able to achieve what Christoph wanted he wouldn't have invested his time working with Celestion to produce the new speaker for his cabs. It's not like he sits around the house all day eating corn chips and watching cartoons, he's a pretty busy guy.

My updates were just as quick and easy as all of the previous ones. Download the RM update, install the RM update, connect the Kemper to your computer, install the beta update. Kemper reboots itself, then load factory presets from the system menu.

I just realized that I have no title thingy whatsoever, and I've been around for a few years. Just checked my profile, and I have -38,000 points! How in the heck does THAT happen? I don't get into any of the pissing matches with anyone, and generally keep all of my posts above board...

Nah. These are businesses and that guy gets paid by Line 6 to browse forums and chime in to sell their product. Just because he has a convenient excuse, comes off as a cool cat and sometimes praises the Kemper doesn’t change the bottom line. Business is business and I don’t mistake these shills for unbiased benevolent souls for one second. I see the same tactics on other forums for various products. Sorry if that comes off harsh but it is what it is.

I have been on TGP for a long time, and as an owner of both a KPA AND a Helix, I have paid attention fairly closely to threads there regarding both products. I have NEVER seen the Line 6 guys show anything but positive respect for their competitors, and I have seen it happen many, many times. As one of them put it a while back, a win for Kemper or Fractal is ultimately a win for digital technology overall (including Line 6), as everybody benefits from success stories from any of the manufacturers.

Seems pretty open-minded to me.

The only time I run stereo is when I'm noodling on the couch. For recording, it's always mono and dry. I don't gig anymore, but when I did I used little to no effects as well (I quit the bar band scene in the late 90s, so modeling wasn't much of an option back then, and stereo meant hauling a LOT of heavy gear).

Two modeller in series - interesting but unusual.I can imagine they don't get along so well.

I'm running my Kemper in the GT-1000 loop, they get along fabulously. No noise, no hum, and the effects in the GT-1000 fill in the few gaps in the Kemper's selection. And the BOSS is just slightly deeper than the Kemper Remote, but the same width.

Hi ZSchneidi,

I don´t know if you are aware that your first posting is quite disrespectful!?

I think he was just REALLY frustrated and was venting a bit. We've ALL been there with gear at one point or another. :)

I use Mike's profiles with both single coils and humbuckers, and they aren't thin or distant sounding at all with my gear (QSC K10s). I'm thinking maybe something is tweaked in the global settings in OP's Kemper that is messing with his sound. We've seen that many, many times around here.