Posts by Steinberger1967

In my live setup, I want to connect some components to the Kemper but I’m afraid that I’m a bit lost…

I want to connect the following equipment:

-         A guitar wireless system (Sennheiser EW100 G2)

-         An IEM system (Shure PSM 300)

-         Freqout pedal in effects loop with a momentary switch

I have the guitar wireless connected to the Alternative Input. In this way, I’m able to switch to a real cable via the front input in case of troubles with the wireless.

To attach the Freqout in the effects loop, I need to use the Direct Output/Send with the Return input.

So far so good.

Now for the IEM, I would like to use the auxiliary inputs to feed the general FOH mix with the Kemper output. In this way, I can attach the IEM system to the headphone output and I can change the balance between the FOH general mix and my guitar signal via the volume knob of my Kemper.

The problem is that the auxiliary inputs needs to be connected to the Return and Alternative input which are both already occupied…

Is there another way to solve this issue?

Hi,

I'm from Belgium, 40 km outside of Antwerp (Geel).
    I do not record yet, but I'm currently updating my computer infrastructure so that I can start working on that missing link ;)

Are there any burning questions, beside recording, where I (or the forum) can be of any assistance?

Best regards,
    Chris

I had almost the same experience with a Dunlop DVP-3 pedal for Wah.
    I started to give the wah effect randomly. After some time no wah was available anymore.
    After some investigation it appeared to be the pedal itselve which is broken.
    I also changed my volume pedal (also Dunlop DVP-3) to the wah position and that worked flawlesly.

So do you have the possibility to try another Mission EP-1 in your case, It might be the pedal!

When I was going through the profiles, I remembered a youtube video which in my opinion sounded very cool.
    It was the "Friedman BE-100 with Phil X" video (you probably know it)
    So I thought, is it possible to nail that sound with Bert's profile set.....
    Well I came very close (but I can't record it at the moment)

I used the "BM F-Man M G8/boost B" profile, changed the EQ with the front knobs with the settings: bass:0; middle: +1.5; treble: +0.5; presence: +0.7 and used of course a guitar in Eb (which he also uses in the video)
    The guitar used was a ESP LTD EC-1000FR so an EMG 81 in the bridge.

Now only find the correct delay setting of the video (not that the delay setting of Bert is bad) ;)

Great pack by the way, thanks Bert!

Nice conversation!

I own an Engl E670 Special Edition 100w head, which on itself is a great amp with lots of tonal possibilities.
    However, I've never been happier than the moment I bought my Kemper!

The reason for it is not that it might replicate exactly the tone of whatever amp, but that I can have any type of sound at any volume level being it headphone, room, gig, etc.
    Being it clean, slightly overdriven (pushed), crunch or face melting distortion, you get fantastic tone at the turn of a knob..
    I never could reach that with the Engl. Even at gigs I could bearly put it to a level which was acceptable.

So as a working tool in every condition with excellent sound results which are probably also possible with the real amp head but only in certain conditions (loud!).
    For me, this is also a very important aspect of my love for the Kemper.In other words more in the practical side of things at all volume levels and not in the puristic tonal nuances as in observation of the topic starter.

I'm pretty sure that Dimi84 might be right when it drills down to all the tiny little nuances. Luckely enough for me, I'm not worried by that (and my ears are probably already too old to even notice them ;-D)

Cheers,
    Chris

Hi Bert,

Thank you for the new pack!
    I was so eager to get it, that I forget to check my mail first.
    Therefor I missed the coupon...
    Please do not take any action and consider it as an extra bonus for your great contribution to the Kemper community!
    I, and I think I can say, we as Kemper community, appreciate your work very much!!!

Best regards,
    Chris