Posts by Steinberger1967

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up for the Jim Kelley mini pack.I don't hear a lot of good comments on this pack which is highly underrated in my opinion!For the last two gigs, I only used different variations of this pack. Just changed the delay settings towards one of the meambobbo settings.

Hi Bert,

Bought you pack already some weeks ago. Great stuff indeed. I really dig almost all of the profiles and I play mostly EMG equipped guitars.
    The rigs are really great with the Steinberger as you can see in my avatar (SA, SA, 85).

I was wondering how you use the studio EQ in your rigs? Is it depending on the guitar you use?
    I know that the feeling is different for every player, but I'm jus curious how you use this...

Anyway, I really would like to thank you for the great set of rigs and would like to wish you the best for 2016

Chris

Finally had the time to play through the whole pack.
    Usally I'm a guy who uses very little reverb and delay (mostly because I have no clue what I'm doing)...
    I really enjoyed your presets however.

The ones I like the most
    - Bloom 2 (with sometimes a lowered mix)
    - N1, N+ and N-
    - SprB
    - Room4
    Still have to experiment with the lead patches, but I seem to like the lower numbers more (L1 & L2)

Thank you very much!

No problem meambobbo, I just reported the point as a supposed bad link issue ;)
    Thanks for providing a space for these great profiles.

I totally respect any decision from the original owner.
    I very much appreciate the fantastic work that R_U_Sirius has done to the community!
    He,has every right to, for whatever reason, to take down certain profiles.

Thumbs up to both of you!!!

I would definately go for a poweramp and a cab (or even two cabs), try it and you'll be amazed by the quality of the sound.

When I was in the market for a (powered) KPA, I went to a shop and tried one over there which was a non-powered version.
    It was connected to active studio monitors, but also with a stereo poweramp to 2 1x12 speakers.

I loved the last combination so much that I changed my idea of a powered KPA towards a non-powered rack version and an Koch ATR-5402 powerramp.
    Now I can receive my monitor signal from the mixing desk into my Mackie SRM450. Or use my own 2x12 Engl pro with V30's, or use both...
    Most of the time, live I use the Mackie with cabs on and on rehearsals the Engl with cabs-off => sounds both fantastic!

@Monkey_Man: have you tried pushing the upper right softkey to activate the pure cab feature in earlier releases.

Here is a snapshot of some text of an earlier thread about this feature:
    This hidden feature is talked here :Pure Cabinet in the System Menu
    To sum up, this hidden feature was found in FW2.7.0.10418 and is still available in FW 3.0 Go to the normal system menu (Press System button, then page 12/12) and hold "rig" button for a few seconds. That will get you into artist mode.
    Then Artist mode -> Page 5 In lasts FW (eg FW3.0), if it doesn’t appear, you must press soft button 4 on when in Artist Mode on page 5 called Cabinet Tweaks.

+1 for the multiple delays

I would really like to have 2 delays in a rig so that I can add them both to one button on the remote to toggle between them (although activating them both at the same time can also sound gourgious).

My mean use for this feature request would be the following:
    Rhythm with a light delay, hit one effects knob on the remote and swith delay together with a volume boost and a green scream!!!

(of course I can make a seperate rig for the solo patch, but I find it very convenient to stay in the same rig)

That means that while he circuit-design doesn't support individual processing of main-out XLR and TRS, what was requested can be achieved if the following is implemented:

If "monitor output" is set to "master left" and "direct output" is set to "master right", then "monitor cab off" should apply to both these outputs.

Alternatively there could be an additional setting for "direct out cab off" on Output-page3 that would apply in any case where direct out is mapped to a signal with cab-emulation enabled (master-mono / master-right). This is the most flexible solution as it also would enable weirdities such as the use of a trad. amp/cab in one side with a FRFR-solution in the other in a stereo configuation.

I also would highly appreciate the addition of the "direct out cab off" option. I do understand that users of the external effects loop are still not really satisfied with this solution though...

Thank you all for the kind words and the warm welcome, really appreciated and I'm sure I can learn a lot from you all!

@Nikos: I'll definately will try your recommendation to work with the definition and power sagging.

@Monkey_Man: Seems like I have a double down under :D

@Kempermaniac: I'm aware of this option, but as you mentioned it is 'cabs on', Oh well, I still can have stereo during rehearsals and mono during gigs (which is the same as I did before)

After a long long tone search, I finally pulled the plug and bought a Kemper.
    I live in Belgium (Geel) and I’m from 1967 (damn time flies).
    Playing guitar for 35+ years, but gigging seriously only the last 10.
    www.oplosseschroeven.be

First I used an Engl E670 Special Edition. Great amp, but way too loud and heavy.
    Afterwards I used a Line6 HD500 with a Mackie SRM450, very portable but lacking a bit in tone quality.
    You need to tweak the hell out of the HD500 to find an acceptable tone. I was quite happy with the clean ones.
    Overdriven tones were always sounding raspy, scratchy and definitely not authentic.
    Finally I got so sick and tired of all the tweaking, so I decided to look around for something new.
    I learned about the Kemper and Axe FX and decided (after reading for a month this forum) to buy a Kemper.
    Axe FX looked like just another tweaking machine and the Kemper looked like a playing machine…

After owning my Kemper for a month now (Non-powered Rack with Koch ATR4502 hybrid power amp), I must say that I’m totally happy with my decision!
    I seriously doubted between the powerrack and non-powered with power amp and decided for the Koch after hearing it.
    This green thing is so AWESOME! Very easy to use but still so powerful in output modes (though I wished it had a stereo monitor out).
    But the best feature is the ease to get a great sound. Just select a rig and start playing, add an effect and it will sound gorgeous.
    No hours of tweaking, just playing!

At first I was a little disappointed with my guitars equipped with EMG’s (Steinberger, Schecters, LTD’s).
    It sounded OK but not fantastic and I always had to dial out presence (-1, -1.5), until I tried some MBritt profiles.
    Now I can’t get that grin from my face. These “darker” profiles really make it happen for me and get better the higher the volume goes.
    I was also really surprised that a lot of profiles will sound great on all pickup settings, never ever experienced that before!!!

Thank you Mr. Kemper, finally my gear search is over. Unfortunately a new search has started…profiles ;)

I just would like t add something here, although I'm not a Kemper user (yet). I use a HD500 going through a Mackie SRM450.
    I play in two bands. The first one is in traditional setting with accoustic drums and a base player with his rig (amp and cabinet). The second band uses electronic drums and here also the base player is running via emulation.
    With the "simulated" band we all use monitors to hear us on stage and I really enjoy hearing myself via the Mackie. In the other band however (with the "real" instruments), I always have the feeling that my sound (coming from the Mackie) is missing something. It really seems that it doesn't blend well enough with the others. So here I really miss the amp in the room sound. Unfortunately the HD500 soulds terrible trough an amplifier and I can't change the EQ without changing the signal that I'm sending FOH.
    The Kemper can solve this issue and even give me the possibility to go with a full rig to FOH, Feed a real guitarcab and even add a FRFR monitor if wanted.

I do not believe the paradigm shift! It all depends on the situation in my experience and I really support the view of having both a cab and an FRFR on stage. You have the best of both worlds. On the other hand, I'm also convinced that you have to create/tweak your sounds through a real PA or FRFR monitor so that you hear what the audience will hear.