Posts by PietH

GREAT PACK JIMI!!! I use it for several AC/DC songs. Sounds absolutely authentic with my BlueAmp Cab :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

HiThis speaker looks really nice. I visited the marco's website...they have different good stuff. Is this cab good both with bedroom volumes and loud enough for small gigs and rehearsals?

Hi,
    I ordered the SPARK with a Volume Knob. So I can play at home with "bedroom volumes" :)
    The 2x 180 watts RMS (2x 360 watts max) are really loud enough for rehearshals and also small gigs in music clubs.
    We played in a music club with about 50 listeners. The SPARK still had enough reserves
    In an open air concert I used the SPARK as a monitor on stage. With the Mains out I go to the FOH!
    :thumbup:

I use a stereo active FRFR cab from Blueamps called "SPARK".
    2×10" Speaker + 2 Neodym Tweeter + Bass Reflex Port..
    I started with an Egnater 1x12" guitar cab and a Rocktron Velocity 300. Sounds usual.
    To use the full Kempers functionality, I switched to FRFR.
    To play stereo I first played with 2 Yamaha DXR10. This was firstly too much towing.
    2. Was the sound something sterile.
    With the Spark I finally arrived! From powerful AC / DC sound to stereo Pink Floyd sounds.
    Everything sounds just cool! Also the acoustic guitar sounds with an acoustic amplifier profile totally well over the spark.
    I can only recommend! Contact Marco from BlueAmps! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hey Lance,

Sound is, of course, a matter of taste. So I can tell you only my subjective experiences.
    I played many tube amplifiers before the Kemper. Boogie III, Marshall JMP, Fender Vibrolux Reverb, Framus Mellow Yellow and Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister. All great amplifiers. In addition I have played Vahlbruch, Lovepedal and Wampler pedals, as well as Mobius and timeline of Strymon.

Everything great, but elaborate.

Then I discovered the Kemper for myself. With FRFR I was initially still skeptical. I first played over two 12 "Egnater rebel boxes with a Rocktron Velocity 300 amp. It sounded quite well, as usual.
    To use the full functionality of the Kempers I wanted to use FRFR. In the Kemper Forum much positive posts about the Yamaha DRX10 Wedge were reported.

I tried the box and bought two for stereo FRFR! The Yamahas alone sounded very good. In the context of the complete band and the rhythm guitarist (who plays my old Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister), they lost something (its hard to explain). For AC / DC moderate songs, the box has been somewhat sterile. I was not fully convinced.
    I can not tell you exactly what it was. Many swear by the Yamaha, but they did not make me happy. That certain something has been missing. In addition, it is a towing, to playing live with 2 wedges. For my back not so great!

I've communicated a lot with Marco (from BlueAmps). I told him my problems. Marco has told me a lot about FRFR and other speaker systems from other manufacturers. He has recommended the "Blue 3" and for more power the "Spark". And he assured me, "Piet, you will be satisfied."

Of course, the Spark is not cheap. Compared to 2 Yamahas it is almost the same. Good parts cost money. And at BlueAmps everything is handmade

I sold my two DRX10 very well and then ordered the spark.

Thats it! I am really happy now.

But as I said! This is my very subjective opinion!

It is not easy to make the right decision. I made the right decision for myself. :D:D:D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Piet

@PietH, are there any phasing issues or comb filtering with the 2 tweeters so close together in one box?

No!. I have tested the Spark live on stage, in our rehearshal room and at home. With one word. The spark sounds great!!! Even profiles that sounds a bit artificial with the Yamaha DRX 110, sounds great!!! I use a lot of M Britt and some TAF profiles. All profiles sound amazing. Some profiles I have to tweak a little bit.
    I and my bandmates are fully convinced! Also our rhythm guitarist (he plays an H & K Tubemeister) was impressed! Pink Floyd-like sounds in stereo are impressive!
    :D:thumbup:

Thanks! It looks great and also it sounds really great!!!
    On Friday I tried the SPARK in our rehearsal room. And I tried it very loud.
    Some profiles blowed me away. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    And the clean amps with stereo effects sounds fantastic!!!!
    Thanks a lot BlueAmps for this really great Amp!!!!!!
    I am really happpy.

Hi qstudio352. Welcome to huge Kemper family. :thumbup:
    As I started with the Kemper I tried also to use my pedals (Xotic Booster, MXR Compressor and Strymon Timeline).
    Now I have sold all my pedals.

The internal boosters of the Kemper are extremely good and the new delay can be almost everything the Timeline can.
    I use only one MXR Talk Box, otherwise everything is switched with the Kemper Remote and I am very happy with it.

(Sorry for my bad english ...)