Posts by theway

I have the KPA powered version going into a Mesa mini rectifier cab 1x12. The main ouput is set to Mod Mono, the Monitor Output Master Mono, and Monitor Cab off. Any advise would be appriciated.

Hello this is my second Kemper, the first one I got was a non powered one with a stealth power amp going into a Mesa 2x12, I ended up selling it. 3 yrs later I just got a brand new Kemper powered head version. This is where I need some help. I have the KPA powered pluged into a Mesa 1x12 cab. Im still not really pumped on it. Would I be better served if I plus the KPA powered into a PA? I really dont want to spend the funds its going to be head and shoulders with the Mesa 1x12. Hope I can get some help, want this to work for me. I have bought allot of professional profiles from Top Jimmy and M Britt.

Thanks

Ok Im sure Im gonna get killed for this but I want to get some feedback. I got a Kemper going through a ISP Stealth into a Mesa 4x12. I bought a bunch of DI profiles online. I also DI my personal amp collection.So the cleans are pretty solid and I do like, but the gain channels tend to sound the same. I want to really bond with this amp and Im looking for some help. Im just not happy withthe gain channels, there is just a certain compressed almost digital feel to the tones in high gain modes. Ive only got a week left before I have the option to return. Im willing to do what I need to do, not sure if its for me or its my setup. The bottom line when I plug into my Mark V or my JVM or my 5153 or my Orange Dark Terror they have there own tone and feel. When I play through Kemper, its close but there is somthing in them all that makes them sound the same (processed). I have read the manuel before I profiled them through the Kemper. Im open to any ideas.

You know what, I agree with sinmix 100%. The only "problem" i had with the profiler pre-fw2.8 was that different amps through the same CAB sounded almost the same (if they had comparable gain obviously). I was led to believe that with the release of the FW3.0 this problem would be solved. Well, from what merged profiles I've tried so far (sinmix, deadlight, thumas etc), the problem remains. The CAB part of a profile ALWAYS contributes A LOT more to the final sound than the AMP part.

I think the test to determine if its a general occurance or Kemper-specific, would be to record three REAL amps on the IDENTICAL real-cab and mic setup, and then compare the results to their three kemper direct amp profiles on the same (kemper) cab.

I have personally never done such a test (nor am I able to), but when plugging my evh 5150 and my mesa mark iv in the SAME cab (evh 2x12), their "in the room" sounds (ie no mics) are VERY different. With the profiler....not so much. So maybe the variable contributing the most could be the MICS? I dont't know...

I agree with this statement, we can try all we want but the tones are simular for HIGH GAIN profiles. The clean channels seem to really work. This is a new company Im sure 5yrs from now they will have nailed it down.

Ok I have my Mark V that I profiled DI. The tone/gain is pretty much right on,The cleans are spot on. But the high gain feel is more boxy and not at tight and organic sounding. Any suggestions?Guitar KPA-KPA into ISP Stealth-Into Mesa 4x12

I wanted to reach out too the Kemper community and find out how user setup there rig for home, do you use guitar speaker cabs or monitors. Can you get a legit feel of an amp with monitors. The reason for the thread is I come from a long line of tube amps running through a 4x12, might seem like allot for the house/studio but I love the FEEL of the 4x12. Do you think Ill regret selling the 4x12 cab and getting some monitors?