Posts by flyingheelhook

My guess is that because the Kemper has a such a fundamentally different approach to file management than almost every other operating and software platform out there, they cannot program Rig Manager to manage files properly while running on other OS/software. Maybe they should have thought about that early on...

Does the Kemper have an auto-wah/envelope filter effect? I have not seen one but not have not really looked either. Would be super nice for solos etc. ( I dont like to learn everything about it instantly. Takes all the fun out of playing with it)

As Nicky says, the short answer is yes. The longer answer is that as with a lot of Kemper things, they throw it all into one effect with lots of different parameters that need to be tweaked. You'll need to tweak eight different parameters to dial it in.

And when we are saying "read manual" we mean Main Manual 8.5, not Quick start guide that comes with Profiler!

Excellent point.

Also, keep in mind that the Kemper itself, and the manual, were originally designed by folks who (as far as I know) speak German as their primary language. You may (or may not) encounter explanations in the manual that do not necessarily make sense in translation to whatever your native language might be.

For instance, I have owned my Kemper for at least six years, attempted on many occasion to understand and 'master' using the Wah effect to build various auto-wah sounds, but I still don't understand all of the Wah parameters and how their combined adjustment manifests in the way that effect will sound when incorporated into a rig. (reference 'Peak', 'Peak Range' and 'Touch Boost')

By all means, read the manual, but it may be helpful to clear up any confusion about that by citing or quoting it when you are posting a question that you need help with. Good luck!

I don't have an extensive guitar collection, so my rare, recent addition of a used G&L S-500 Deluxe and used G&L ASAT Classic got my blood running hot. Up to this point, I have been more of a Les Paul type guitar player, but these caught my eye and even after playing about 6 strats and 5 teles, first, the G&L were like 'take me home baby, you KNOW you want me!' (I think you know what I mean...).

I knew I had to find 'the right' profiles for these ladies, so I tried using them with a bunch of different rigs. I have to say that not surprisingly, so far, some of the Grammatico Profiles are prominently in the lead. I'm not done exploring (I have a pretty good collection to review), but I've already set up one of (at least) three Performances which will be my 'live rig' for the immediate future.

snip - increasing volume in AMPLIFIER is being not recommended, - snip

I've been doing this pretty much ever since the morph function and remote were available with no problem. This IS my clean boost solution and if I want gain or distortion, I use the kemper drives.

I am not sure I understand everything you are asking, but... for #2, even though you cannot do this with Rig Manager, you CAN do it on the Kemper itself. You can save banks of effects or stomps as a preset, name it, and call it back for use in other rigs.

I got the Grammatico SSS Pack, loaded the Performances without any audition, added an auto-wah to a couple of open slots, and dove right in with them at a friendly jam session party a friend hosted this weekend. The only thing I was lacking was adding my normal 5 dB boost as a morph, which I tried to add on the fly, mostly successfully. Looking forward to a deeper dive when I have time.

Well I can’t figure out how to delete a thread here, but apparently has nothing whatsoever to do with the remote or the cable. The connection on the back of my rack unit, keep sliding in and out, it won’t come all the way out, but also won’t stay completely connected either. Apparently this is an ongoing issue. I have no idea what to do now because it’s way out of warranty.

I have this issue too - I use a clothes pin to clamp the remote cable to my monitor out cable. Hi tech...:rolleyes: