Posts by flyingheelhook

For the record, I am a retired MMA referee (formerly licensed professional & amateur in DC and Virginia in the USA). If anyone gets to the point they feel they really do have to duke it out, I am available to officiate. For a modest fee... :D

[quote='billbixby','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/25984-Well-I-do-need-a-NPD-thread/?postID=268846#post268846']Once you are happy with the results, remember to SAVE/STORE, as this is a new setting.

Cheers,
    John

THIS - I probably do this now more often than I should when setting up performances, but that one time I forgot and lost a ton of work got me in the habit. You can tweak different slot settings without having to save a performance, but I recommend getting in the habit regardless. Better to have lost a few seconds saving than an hour forgetting to...

Given how much I love the /13 profiles from pack 2 (just played a gig with rave reviews from the sound guy about how easy it was for him to work with the line out from my kemper and the tone I was getting from the Pack 2 /13 profiles - I may have some clips to share in the near future), I think I might have to get pack 1 just for them. If the pack 1 /13 proflies are as good as those in pack 2, everything else will be gravy.

Yeah, I am starting to sound like a broken record fanboy but I don't give a shit! :D

Thanks, me too! If nothing else, it will give me a chance to delve into a lot of the other profiles that I have and don't use - the dumble pack has a ton of good tone profiles in it and I am itching to find a project to use them with, let alone all of the vintage pack too! I'm practically salivating at the thought! LOL!

Don't get me wrong - there are ways to work with the 'system' the way it is and there are strengths to it just as the noted weakness. For instance, if you tweak four individual stomps or effects to 'perfection' and save them out. You can bring them in to a rig and then save out the respective stomp or effects set up as a preset. Then, any time you need that preset, you can just load it into that rig (performance slot, whatever). Thats powerful and can save you a lot of time once you have them 'perfect'. The weakness is if you tweak one or more of the stomps or effects, then you have to go through the whole process all over saving a new preset, and bringing that into all of your rigs. Hopefully that makes sense.

This is sort of a combination of lauding the Pack 2 /13 profiles as well as the Kemper itself...

Last night I auditioned for what I thought was the rhythm guitarist (with 'some' lead opportunities) for a local cover band as I find I am needing some sort of side gig that will give me more of a creative outlet that my main gig can't/won't provide. Showed up and the drummer met me at my car saying I didn't need my amp (he was looking at the Tech 21 Power Engine I use as my monitor) as they used a Power Hub. (neat) So I didn't say anything just brought my Kemper in, set everything up, plugged in my Kemper and headphones and chose a performance with the /13 profiles.

So there I am ready to play wondering where the other guitarist is and they tell me its just going to be me - surprise! OK, no problem although I didn't prepare for it but whatever - I've been focusing on being a sideman for the past several years but I can play some lead, so lets see what happens.

After a few warm up songs, we go for Blind Faith's "Can't Find My Way Home" and after the chick lead singer blew me away with her vocal rendition, she nodded to me for a lead... well, lets just say that the 'fabled' mind-guitar-amp total connection clicked in. I can't say the solo was technically proficient or even *great* but what I will say is that the tone and responsiveness of the profile was opening the doors for me to follow - and I did. I know there are enough gun slingers here not to brag so I will just say they were impressed... and so was I! I can't tell you how long I chased a situation where I wasn't trying to coax or force an amp to where I knew I wanted to be - and now the Kemper with the right profile(s) makes it almost effortless. If only I had this rig 30 years ago... 8o

Not sure if I got the spot yet but reasonably certain I am going to be in the final running. I will say that after the audition they were expressing being really impressed by the tones I was getting out of just three /13 profiles. (not sure which ones or if they were tweaked, will have to follow up on that later)

Thanks Michael, thanks Kemper! You made my night...

You will almost always find there are compromises you have to make - and adjust to accommodate - if you don't have 100% of the variables nailed down. I lucked out doing my first profiles and got reasonably decent results albeit with at least one anomaly - and I had to work in the same room also. You can do things like make sure the reference amp and where you set up the kemper and monitor through headphones is off-axis. If you have access, you might try to utilize noise screens like a plexi-glass shield or even a mattress might work in pinch also.

In general, a normal trouble-shooting procedure should help you figure out how to improve what you are able: nail down as many variables as you can, and then play incrementally with individual variables one at a time.

FYI, I stumbled upon a possible issue with the second profile - it may be in both. See this post here:
    Weird Pick Attach Anomaly with a Specific Individual Profile

but the quick fix I found is to go into the Amp section and give the profile just a touch of compression. (although as long as you are in there, you may as well play with other paramaters - I set up a Performance, copy pasted the profile into each slot and then tweaked it a bunch of different ways to see what I could get. YMMV

that's so helpful bud keep up the good work lol
    I have been doing that all day just wanted to ask the guys that have owned the unit for a wile .

Well... I knew I was at risk of being accused of being Captain Obvious but you have to understand that your spelling mistakes, lack of detail and cross-over posting led me to believe that english was your second language and that you didn't have much internet savvy. Apologies.