Posts by flyingheelhook

Has anyone come up with a successful or even passable attempt at using a guitar with an Analog Octaver and a bass profile? Trying to come up with creative ways to do some recording without having a bass and bass cabinet on hand.

Not sure this will help or answer your question but you will probably need to call up the EQ, dial it back to the baseline/clear settings, and then save it as a preset for that stomp. Then you can call it up whenever you want. Just make sure you rename it. I found out the hard way that right now, when you save a stomp without renaming it, you aren't overwriting the previous version. I found about ten stomps of the same name I was tweaking...

The biggest difference for me is the fact that if I want to make a recording with my amp, I can mic it to exactly as I want, and then profile it.

I drank the koolaid and bought the Kemper never thinking I would really ever profile my own amps (let alone anyone else's) since there were already so many commercial versions of the amps I owned - I knew it would give me the versatility I was looking for even without profiling. But yesterday, I jumped in feet first into the profiling world and it really opened my eyes to just how well the Kemper actually can capture the essence of a reference amp. Granted, I think I got really lucky with my first attempt and expect that future profiling won't always be so easy, but DAMN! 8o

Having that ability on top of being able to use and tweak existing profiles is just so much more value added for me as to compared to investing in any of the modelers. I realize everyone has a preference and some people choose other options but for me the Kemper is the better investment hands down.

Might want to check out the /13 JRT profiles by M.Britt. You do have to pay for them , but they are really good. I also use the Morgan profile that Ingolf recommended.

(note: I can't access the clips from work so haven't heard your examples but...) Teleplayer364's response could have been me almost verbatim. I would add Andy's TAF Big Twin if you like a nice deep twin sound and I also like some of the clean's in M. Britt's Dumble pack. Lastly, I will put a shameless plug in for the two JGarcia project profiles I uploaded to the rig exchange last night.

Shazam!!! NICE!!!

Emulating The Tone of Garcia Project
    Phase 1

The goal of this project is to profile various rigs specifically aimed at emulating the tone of the late Jerry Garcia. Today's kickoff features two profiles of a quintessential Garcia rig:

Macintosh 50 Power Amp > Sarno Music Solutions SMS Classic (modified Fender Twin Head) > Custom 2x12 Hardtrucker Mimic cabinet with 2 JBL K120s.
    Two profiles have been uploaded to the rig exchange:

• JGarcia Rig 01102515: slight bit of gain/breakup
    • JGarcia Rig 02102515: clean & crisp

The guitar used for profiling was a custom Carvin DC400 'Wolf' with OBEL (On Board Effects Loop) and Waldo Buffer TPC-1. http://www.wald-electronics.com/

Comments welcome. If you really like it, please let me know so I can pass on to the donor.

I'll put a plug in for Michael Britt's Dumble Pack. Even though I don't use it live due to rather tight requirements of my current project, I would. Plus, I have used several of the rigs recording and they really shine.

If you perceive a question to be silly, don't read the thread. Let someone else handle it. There are many users in this community more than willing to assist.

I respectfully disagree with this approach/philosophy and it carries over from my issue with the silly thread in the other forum. I would hope that we all want to keep the knowledgeable folks engaged in helping solve the more difficult questions for the community and not burnt out by having to sift through silly questions and off-topic humor. The quickest way you are going to lose those folks is by allowing the forum to fill up with a lot of crap that isn't worth their time.

By all means if the majority here doesn't really care about keeping some standard of organization (i.e. a separate forum for off-topic posts; moving specific posts to appropriate forums),or if they lose a few of the more dedicated and knowledgeable folks who get tired of sifting through the same old questions that people could have answered themselves, (and adopt a 'someone else will always answer the question'), there is no doubt the community will persist - but my guess is the serious, dedicated people we want to keep engaged will ultimately feel like there is no need for them here any more and get tired of it and their attendance and participation will be less and less. I've seen it before elsewhere and suspect its just par for the course in any internet forum - I'm hoping we are better than that.

When I first found this forum, maybe it was a mistake on my part, but it sure seemed there was a lot better signal to noise ratio than there appears to be now - I guess I was mistaken.

Please... Can somebody accidentally close this thread....
    ;)

Or at least move it to a different forum? I'm all for stupid humor but putting (and keeping) it in the 'Profiler related issues and trouble shooting help' section isn't very helpful and could make some potential participants question the value of participation in the section if its not on topic.