Posts by flyingheelhook

Oddly enough the answer (for now) as come from external influence - my band's musical director (also the lead guitarist) is definitely more interested in limiting my musical palette than allowing me free reign. (he wants me sticking to clean rigs and sticking with one rig during any given song). While I don't necessarily appreciate the limitation, nor agree with it, its not really a battle I am interested in fighting at the moment. So, I can pretty much just keep things simple with a couple of rigs and basic effects. Maybe if I am lucky, by the time I find a project that allows me more sonic freedom these issues will have been resolved.

FWIW, at last night's gig I started with some TJ's AC 30 profiles but wound up going back to TAF Big Twin for the second set.

I went economy until I can figure out my next step - I use a Tech 21 Power Engine after Michael Britt's recommendation to me over on the Gear Page (what he initially tests his profiles on if I understood him correctly). It does the trick (for now).

Performance mode will work too.

Yeah, I am using performance mode pretty much for everything right now; it's almost but just not quite exactly what I want so I am trying to figure out if there any options to get things more in line with my needs. It's sort of a combined limitation of the FCB1010 EurekaProm and Kemper compounded by my own requirements - I can't really organize my performances into songs and I need more flexibility with using stomps and effects in combination with being able to switch between rigs - all on the fly, and all while playing. Combine that with a limited ability to multitask while playing live, therefor I need to minimize foot dancing on the FCB1010 (or the Kemper Remote when I am in a position to get one as I am reasonably certain its not going to solve the issue).

Optimally, what I think I need is similar to a performance mode within each slot of a performance allowing me to switch between 'slots' of stomps and effects presets - that would put me there, or a lot closer.

I have opened a thread to ask for a feature enhancement that might help - allowing stomp/effects presets to be assigned MIDI CC#'s - as this would get me close with the FCB1010. In the meantime, I guess I will probably have to come up with a more limited approach. Also, another guy in a different thread came up with a custom box for switching between his inputs - for different guitars. If I could come up with a way to harness that approach it might work.

Anyhow, thanks again!

Use case #1: Some rigs (commercial and free) come with stomp box and effects already assigned. Although I can see the type, (i.e. Wah Wah), I cannot see the actual name of the the Stomp/Effect by selecting/focusing on the effect.

Use case #2: If I create/adjust/save a Stomp/Effect with specific settings under a new name, and assign it to a rig, if I come back, I cannot see the actual name of the the Stomp/Effect by selecting/focusing on the effect.

Thanks guys. Most of my confusion was in trying to understand the difference between a preset and a performance in regards to how the FCB1010 EurekaProm works - since it isn't very specific in its instructions I thought it might be possible to save banks of stomps and effects presets and to call them up using the preset or favorites assignments but apparently this is not the case - it only works for rigs in browse mode?

Still, I had a eureka! moment (see what I did there?) in understanding now how I can save all of the other different presets and then call them up using the Kemper interface.

Yes call up each preset you want to assign to the FCB, in the Kemper's System menu page 7, scroll to the number you want to assign, press assign, hit exit, store, replace and you're done That preset is now assigned to the corresponding number on your FCB.

If I go to that system menu, does it list them by name and type, etc. and can I sort, etc.? Thanks!

Apologies if this is covered somewhere else and I missed it.

So, I understand there are various types of presets, and I can save them. ie. local presets, output presets, input presets, etc., but I am not sure I understand how they can all be accessed. I have an FCB1010 with a Eureka Prom which allows me to either scroll through 128 presets but are those factory presets, my custom presets, etc. and how can identify and access the presets I want with the FCB1010/EurekaProm?

For instance, if I want to assign various presets to my FCB, do I have to (laboriously) go through each section (input, output, stomps, or whatever, call up the preset and then assign it) or is there a scroll-able list of the 128 slots I can somehow access and just scroll to each preset and assign it?

I hope that makes sense, thanks in advance!

The new Gibson management is doing very bad work , trying to increase profit by introducing very cheap materials , no quality control , huge tuning issues ,all in all completely sub-standard guitars . In the same time they are shamelessly expensive for given quality . Such a business strategy is killing Gibson/Les Paul brand name slowly but surely

I have been hearing this over, and over, and over lately, in many different circles. Its one thing when you hear one person complaining about something, but quite another if you hear a consistent theme across different channels. If I was in the market I would be looking for an older, used model. I love my circa '71 so thats one era I would be looking.