Posts by jessefildes

Indeed!

I thinking, if we all chip in for sets of earplugs for his neighbours, maybe he'll capture the beastie at all gain and channel settings. 8o

Haha, not a bad idea... I'm keen to try and profile my other amp again (JCM800), I tried it once but I didn't refine the profile, so it came out sounding pretty average. But that one's even louder again... :P

Hey guys,

I had some time to myself the other day, so I quickly profiled my 100W Plexi that I built. I refined the profile a few times this time around (didn't refine at all the first time, which made the profile turn out mediocre IMO), and it's pretty close to what I could hear from the real amp.

I really like the profile after a couple of tweaks (clarity and tube shape, I think), and thought I'd post up here in case anyone was interested.

Here's the video showing a bit about the process:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The profile is on the Rig Exchange under the name "Jesse-RockBox1"

Jesse

Hey greenblob - I'm using tones of about this amount of gain in this video:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The noise gate is on for all my profiles, although it's not a very hard gate, just a subtle one - I set it so it typically cuts everything out when I dampen the strings (when it's not as noisy as it was the other day).

No boost or compressor used (real or in Kemper). This was with a Kramer with humbuckers. I didn't try the headphone jack on the front, although the noise came through the main outs and the monitor out.

Hey guys,

I've been using the Kemper at live shows and in the rehearsal studio with one of my bands, and I notice that I seem to get a fair amount of noise coming through with the Kemper in certain venues, whereas when using a regular guitar amp I don't seem to get as much noise. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

I use high gain profiles, and of course I expect noise, but it seems that the Kemper may be more susceptible to noise than a regular guitar amp. At my last show for example, it was so noisy that I had to swap sides with the bass player, otherwise the guitar was almost completely drowned out by noise.

We tried switching the Kemper to different power circuits, ground lift switches, unplugging lights, changing cables, the whole deal, and nothing seemed to help.

For reference, I use JCM800, EVH5150 and 68 Superlead profiles, and the guitar amp I use (when not using the Kemper) is a JCM800. I use the same guitar through both rigs.

Cheers

Apologies for being a bit late to the thread, but I've got the TJ Trainwreck profiles - I think it gets pretty close to a dumble/Robben Ford sort of sound, if that's what you're going for.

I've used mine live without any footswitch, and I was pretty happy with it. Along with IEMs it's great, just using pedals in front of it still sounds great. I'm planning on getting a FCB1010 to use with it though

Thanks guys. Yeah the changing guitars was very much Poison inspired. Also, you could say I'm a bit of a Steel Panther fan... :P

Glad you guys dig it!

The stacks were real, but as I said I recorded everything through the Kemper so didn't actually use them to record it. I took every guitar I could get my hands on for the video, seemed like a classic 80s move to use 10 guitars in one music video haha :D

I'm pretty damn happy with how the guitar tones ended up, and recording them was super easy with the Kemper, and way quieter than if I did use the stacks! :P

Hey guys,

I've recently started this project called All Access 80s, it's an 80s rock tribute show, I recorded all the guitars on the demo with the Kemper and I reckon they sound pretty good! Let me know what you guys think of the tones!

Cheers
    Jesse

Hey all, my name's Jesse and I'm in Australia, I bought a profiler a little while ago and have been loving it so far!

I play in a few bands, but haven't had a chance to use it live yet, still trying to get a live setup sorted (hence my Play4Remote competition entry in another thread).

I have an EP out on my website that you can grab for free if anyone wants to check it out, hard rock sort of stuff (http://www.jessefildesmusic.com).

I also do youtube videos and have done a few Kemper videos, reviews, etc. (http://www.youtube.com/user/hellguitar91).

Cheers :thumbup: