Posts by joerao

Hi, Joseph EE, PAE 1969LP Custom BB

I play mostly clean in stereo (line-in Roland JC 120) an amazingly transparent solution.

KPA - I like the Rivera samples and that they retain much of the sonic character when the Distortion Gain is low ~ <3.5 - Direct-.5 - no cab.

I’m a Compressor fanatic and I think the hidden gem for me is engaging and fully utilizing the Kemper compressor because it works absolutely superb and when matched with a great Stack, it can be a powerful asset for highly controllable sustain.

performance - rehearsal - development— all in one. Kemper ♎️

Hi Alan,

Sorry for my delayed response in getting back here...
    Thank you kindly for this response - as I need to say here; "The only thing that's wrong with that is I didn't think of it" lol

This is a great idea and a very clever way of utilize the parallel mode hardware - some thing I have not tried yet I can't wait to.

Sincerely,

Joe Rao

Joseph

I have actually been modeling or Tone Shaping since the mid 70s and actually developed an early prototype that I used for years. As you know, it used to take 1 or 2 racks of gear to accomplish something similar but for the past 10yrs or so I've been studying and developing with the Kemper. I think it's amazing... I now that I've learned how to use it ?

I'm run stereo out - into the Line Inputs of a Roland JC120 - Best Guitar Sound and System I've found so far.

PS: The Roland JC120 is just soooo freaking heavy

Direct Signal (Mix) Processing Request - Joseph Rao EE, PAE:

The Direct Signal Control Mix of the Kemper is a highly regarded method of introducing clarity (clean feed) within a distortion profile, however this unprocessed signal can seem rather dull sounding and I believe that there is an opportunity uniquely improve the quality and performance of the Direct Signal Mix. Within my circle of Kemper, this issue has led to a great deal of confusion, specifically with people questioning; "Why do we need to introduce of this sterile sound into my distortion mix". Then I explain why we do this and what this does... Thinking about this led me to the conclusion that there's a great opportunity to improve the tonality and functionality of the direct signal feed. What I am suggesting is the possibility of adding signal processing functionality such as compression and equalization(Hi-pass/Lo-pass). I believe these options would add functionality to the clean mix, allowing for wide and unique voicing abilities - ultimately delivering a more pleasant direct mix.

Joseph Rao EE, Profesional Guitarist - Kemper 10+yrs

The Direct Signal Control Mix of the Kemper is a highly regarded method of introducing clarity (clean feed) within a distortion profile, however this unprocessed signal can seem rather dull sounding and I believe that there is an opportunity uniquely improve the quality and performance of the Direct Signal Mix. Within my circle of Kemper, this issue has led to a great deal of confusion, specifically with people questioning; "Why do we need to introduce of this sterile sound into my distortion mix". Then I explain why we do this and what this does... Thinking about this led me to the conclusion that there's a great opportunity to improve the tonality and functionality of the direct signal feed. What I am suggesting is the possibility of adding signal processing functionality such as compression and equalization(Hi-pass/Lo-pass). I believe these options would add functionality to the clean mix, allowing for wide and unique voicing abilities.

Hi, Joseph P Rao, Professional Hardware / Software Design Engineer, Professional Musician 50+Yrs, Guitar Builder and Collector

...and Kemper Fan!

I really value the scientific power and control of my Kemper. I really understand what and how the machine works - my self and my (Kemper) friends mainly use our unit for live performances and some recording work. I am specifically referring to an improvement to be made to the "Main" EQ. We use the Main or Global EQ for the Sonic "Calibration" of matching our Speaker Cabinet to the Kemper, in an effort to create a baseline in which the Speaker Cabinet sounds natural with default Kemper basic tone settings set relatively flat. Many times, this "Calibration" can require a complex equalization curve to get the job done right. I believe a high performance Graphic and or multi-ch Parametric EQ (in place of the Main EQ) would be a highly valuable addition to the amazing Kemper.

Sincerely,

Joseph P Rao
    [email protected]