Posts by Laetus1

10w73, I feel your pain in all this because I've been there. I had a cozy "guitar room" loaded with nice gear. And since I had retired from regularly playing out, my wife decorated the room for me. Then i wanted to start recording--the performance itch continued to need scratching. I had nice gear so I wanted the best recording gear I could afford. The KPA was one result--I needed more amps! But I was less happy to discover I needed to invest a chunk of change just to treat my room before I could adequately record with this great grear. Bummer! I discovered not only were many of my nice pictures, etc, going to have to come down, but the room would need ţo be reaaranged to achieve the best sonic qualities. By far he worst was having to spend the equivalent $$ of a nice guitar or amp to buy the correct acoustic treatments (bass traps, etc.). BUT, I AM SO GLAD I DID! Only gearheads/tone-lovers like KPA owners will understand what happened next: my eyes filled with tears when I sat in the new acoustic sweet spot and fired up my very same monitors. Had I been transported to Abbey Road Studios? Nope. My same monitors were now magic. Playing and recording in this same but new room is now a blast.

So, I understand how you feel hearing advice suggesting you need more than just a monitor change--but you are getting good advice. If you decide to go for the magic sound and not the quick fix, you will either need to do some reading to learn what you need, or you can get free help from some of the quality sites already recommended to you. I did a lot of reading, but still requested advice from GIK Acoustics. They promptly suuggested acoustic treatment options I could afford based on measurements and pictures of my room. I suggest if after determining what you need that the $$ are not quite there, subdue the quick fix itch and save for the acoustic treatment/room rearrangement. You'll never regret it and all your current and future gear will thank you for how good you've made it sound. Who knows? You might even wonder if you, too, are transported to a high dollar studio every time you listen in your new studio.

I discovered by inquiring whether the used/floor stock/returned Yamaha DXR10 for sale at the auction listed below still had the full factory warranty and other original materials as the listing suggested. The response was they had sold out of those units but would still honor the auction with brand new units, obviously including the full factory warranty. I bought one of the 2 still for sale, so there is one left. It's easy to miss the actual price since the auction lists for $499 for a used item. But reading the details carefully shows at purchase you get a $50 discount. Perhaps this will help a fellow Kemper owner get a DXR10. eBay item #: 371420740406

BTW, I'm a first time poster. Playing for more than 50 years through lots of amazing amps but the KPA is the greatest amp (& pedal-board/rack) ever. Thanks to all on this forum who make it such a helpful and friendly resource!