Posts by MountAnDewMe

I will have the opportunity to try another FOH tonight. If I get there early I can get the director to let me use a stereo pair to test it. Otherwise I'll go with what you said about just powering up before connecting. Thanks for the advice, I went right past the simple solution worrying about loosing that second input.

I finally got a second channel given to me so I can connect in stereo to FOH but I am experiencing an odd hum.
    First it is important to say it only is occurring while the keeper is off. As soon as it gets power, even during load up, it is totally quiet. The hum sounds like ground loop but it pulses between left and right sides in FOH. I tried the lift in the back but nothing different either way.

I am happy to report that I now have unity in volume between my mic'd acoustic and my electric.
    As it turns out I was addressing the input sensitivity on the reamp input wrong. After settling it in at -2db I adjusted the mics both closer to the neck and lower bout and lowered the pre a touch. Poof no input clipping and more volume by far overall.
    Thanks for the thought Monkey man.

I think you have illuminated what might be the issue. While I have more than enough signal coming from the pre I think I did not fully understand the input sensitivity for the reamp and have it at -12 since I was clipping the input. I have the Mics and pre set up at church to minimize setup time so I will attempt a higher sensitivity and address the clipping from the pre. It isn't a world of difference but having things at unity volume wise helps immensely since the mass moves with or without me being ready.
    I'll update when I get to fix it.
    Thanks.

By your reply I am guessing your using a pickup system of some variety on your acoustic. I am using two condenser mics for my acoustic and no traditional pickup. I have a good working signal but in the rigs I have the acoustics settings maxed and the electrics at the minimum. While they are close I am just a few decibels away from a unity level without intervening with the volume pedal which I tend to more damage with than good.

Sorry if this has already been covered but I have 7 kids and I am surprised I even get to play guitar at all let alone post. I play worship music at my church and recently got access to 1 xlr input to the house PA, a very sweet line array system. This caused a problem in that I need to switch between my acoustic and electric frequently during the mass. This was my solution and why I am posting. I had an old 2 channel pre that I placed two shure sm-81's in and ran the two outputs to the trs input of the kempers reamp input. I originally did this with one with the xlr but couldn't resist mic'n the lower bout as well as the sweet spot on the neck. Any how, I use the input to switch between the front and reamp input and accordingly have my rig set up. For the acoustic I currently have the entire stack disabled and only use effects. The problem is that I have to keep the electric profiles ridiculously low and the acoustic settings ridiculously high in order to balance the sound levels. It seems if I use the stack I run into feedback issues and I get why. One note of interest, the acoustic sounds insane running through the kemper and being short on instrumentalists having some of the newer delay/pitch algorithms almost adds a synth player to the soundscape.
    I would greatly appreciate any input or direction to another thread that would inform me on how to increase the overall volume of the acoustic sound so I can balance this out without using the volume control in the live setting. The PA is freakin massive and there is no FOH man on the board and I am buried way in the back so when I use the volume on the controller it is a bit of hit or miss.

Thank you

Yea I have tried formatting all the sticks after the first attempt. I used fat32 and the smallest allocation size possible. The sticks have ranged in size from 4GB to 16GB and all have been ejected properly after formatting. I'm finally in contact with customer support after the weekend and they are working with me now. I'll tell you how it turns out.

I wish I had your problem instead. I cannot get my Kemper to recognize any USB sticks at all. I just tried my seventh stick and nothing. The sticks that have an LED on them light up so I know the stick sees the Kemper but the Kemper has yet to acknowledge any of the sticks I have tried. Is there any known issue regarding the USB jack?

Hi,
    I have had my KPA for about a 10 days now and have been through about 6 different USB sticks and cannot get any one of them to respond past lighting up an LED that one of my sticks has on it. I have tried formatting them on my computer and still nothing. I do have a ticket in and I am waiting on a response but I was also wondering if there is an archive of older versions of rig manager so I can at least check out some more profiles while I get this sorted out because the current version requires the 3,0 update which I cannot do because of the USB issue.

I just received a used power rack and I am having this same problem. Has anyone come up with a solution or reason for this, I would love to update to the new version but the sticks I have and bought are not doing anything except lighting up on the stick itself. I formatted on the computer like suggested but none of the things I attempted are working. It is as if the stick is simply not there other than the light indicating power to the stick.