Posts by mikedespres

Hi there, latest OS installed and a new bug has come up!

My Kemper doesn't crash when I scroll through my 7 banks of performance slots, but when I go to the 8th bank where there are maybe one or two profile slots enabled, it often crashes when I move from an disabled slot (call it slot 3) to an enabled slot (slot 2).

I've also had a message from rig manager saying that there is a corrupt profile and I should turn off and start with the rig soft button on. Did that and haven't had a message since (not sure if this is relevant)

Anyone have a fix for this?

I have sort of found an answer: a flat Graphic EQ in post stomps with Low Cut at 87.0 Hz and High Cut at 45550.2 Hz (or there about) then with my monitor eq (for cab at least) at Bass -1.1, Middle +0.4, Treble -0.6 and Presence at -2.3. It's taken out all the weird/not good sounding frequencies.

I hope this helps whoever stumbles across this!

@benifin I'm sure that I prefer cab off into a real cab by my own recognition but I'll definitely try cab with pure cab! Also I wouldn't really go FRFR any time soon as we often borrow cabs for gigs and that would mean always lugging an extra speaker around.

@mattt67 - I like it with my blackstar ht5 but not my old Laney IRT60 (sold). I also don't really have an amp after I bought the Kemper, didn't see the need (oops)!

I have sort of stuck with V30 like speakers/cabs but surely with 3.0 it shouldn't matter as much (all my profiles I use are 3.0 and merged)? I have also tested with 'Cab' on but it's clearer with it off, might try pure cab though! And if I'm honest my problem lies with high gain and bell like clean tones (I'm good for crunch and light gain), anyone have some high gain and clean profiles in mind that I could try out?

I have monitored myself through good FRFR speakers yeah. It's just the typical case of sounding good on FRFR but not so good with the cab. You maybe right with the profiles - some of my performances with different variations of gain sound good but some don't. Will have to find the 'one'!

I've been using my powered KPA through my Zilla 2x12 V30 closed back cab for a few months now and I have all the appropriate things turned off like the cab soft button, pure cab etc. However sometimes it's hard to really dial OUT those non cab frequencies (the high end). I've experimented with post graphic EQs and setting the limit for the high frequencies to about 5kHz but it's still not the same - I also usually have the presence down 2-3db on global and the performance slots. Are there any other go-to settings that anyone has that I can try out?

By the way I'm talking about all kinds of tones - chunky metal distortions full of mids right down to beautiful cleans!

Cheers
    Mike

I have a Blackstar HT5-C which I love but after getting my Kemper I really didn't use it at all. However recently I've been plugging in my Kemper to the return of the HT5's loop and I'm loving my profile tones through the speaker!

With a bit of tweaking it's quite similar to what I want and I think what I personally have in mind has to be done in a DAW with the full song going. However the settings given to me by Eltzejupp will give the same sort of idea!

Thanks guys

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Something like this but slower and more intense.

By the way I love your shimmer reverb patches!!

Any ideas how to get a ridiculous over the top slow aeroplane flanger sound? The ones I've been trying to get out of my Kemper aren't strong enough - I need something that really is audible in the sweep and goes slooooooowly. If you've got some ideas please write down the settings!

Cheers
    Mike

The system reset definitely did help! Also my problem with the store button is still happening. I have narrowed it down to the output section (being unpowered or the powered monitor out). It seems that when I turn down the master volume before I save a slot it seems to help not mess up (sometimes does happen though - but less than before).