Posts by Trevy777

Got into the studio last night to finish guitar tracks for a new CD project, and low and behold, we could not get a signal out of either the XLR or 1/4" Output jacks. We ended coming out of the "Monitor Out." I don't know what in the world happened, but I guess I muted them somehow in my ignorance, although I don't recall going into those banks for any reason since I started this project.

Any suggestions on what I should check (and how)???

Thanks!

Are there any tutorials on how to upgrade software? I just purchased Michael Britt's latest collection (Rack PAK), but they don't work in my unit since I don't have the 4.0.6 upgrade to my profiler. I need to know if I have to download any of the previous updates, since 3.0.2, or will downloading the 4.0.6 include those as well. I'm pretty embarrassed posting this, but I have no clue as to how to download this, and I don't want to screw up what I already have in my rig manager and profiler. Thanks for any assistance you guys are willing to provide!

Thanks, guys...these suggestions are very helpful indeed, although I listened to the Yamaha's (listed above) at a local guitar center and they are even more boomy than the JBL LASR305's (and not very FRFR, IMHO).

I'm currently using a set of Sennheiser HD600 headphones with my Kemper, both in live performance (I'm a back line player...not out front, so headphones are copacetic), and when the unit is sitting on my office desk next to my computer monitor. I think the Sennheisers give an excellent tonal image, and I'm looking to find a single, powered monitor that's just a transparent, to either sit right on top of the Kemper (yes, I know that will require a special pad, etc, and will affect the sound sitting on top) or either on the desk...a stereo image is not necessary. I have a Paradigm CT system for my computer (with subwoofer), but it's really not a FRFR signal, when all is said and done. I'm looking for this as an option when I get "headphone fatigue."

I've tried a JBL LSR305, and it, also, is not FRFR...too boomy in the low end, and I also tried an Helicon FX150 (just because I had one lying around, and it, too, is not accurate enough (in comparision to the headphones).

After some initial research, I've sort-of paired down the field to these possibilities:

Neuman
    Focal CMS
    Genelec 8030

Anyone had experience with these, and care to give them a thumbs up/thumbs down for this application???

Sorry if this has been beaten to death, and if there are links to pertinent threads, please feel free to post them and I'll sheepishly go away and read!

I'm loving my Kemper, and have it sitting on top of my desk in my studio here at the church where I work. I sometimes use headphones, but that can get to be source of fatigue after a while, so I'm looking for a decent pair of desktop powered monitors that will give me as close to FRFR as possible. I tried a JBL LSR305, but it's just too boomy in the low-end, and I also tried my Paradigm Millenia CT20 computer speakers, but once again, with the subwoofer, it's just too boomy, and not representative of the true signal coming from the Kemper.

Any other suggestions that I should consider? I'm not really interested in spending a ton on these, so let's keep the pair under 1K.

Thanks!