Posts by Bread

Now I've registered my KPA I thought I'd put a quick post on here to introduce myself even though I have posted on the public forums a few times.

I'm a soon to be ex G System user and am loving the sound of the Kemper. Scott Minchk put me onto it so kudos to him for his recommendation.

I do this

http://www.thateightiesband.co.uk

I've followed Scott and his G System videos for about the past 3 years or so. I found them both entertaining and invaluable for the time I had my G System. It was Scott who put me on to the Kemper in the first place so these videos are going to be very useful for beginners to the KPA like I am to get some great tones dialled in complete with tutorials and the information needed to get the most from the unit.

Here's to the next one and long may it last.

I'm getting a bit confused what the tags and categories represent in performance mode. It's not covered in the manual that comes with the Kemper so I was wondering if someone knew of a link on here to the description on how to use it please?

Hi

I noticed when I try and change the position of the stomps there seems to be a problem with the function.

When I select the "move" button and then cursor to the right, the last 3 stomps become the same as the second stomp. I think it looks like a display issue rather than copying the stomps over.

Thanks guys !!!

I've got it all sounding awesome through my studio monitors but it sounds a bit edgey and bright through my Tubemeister monitor. It's the same with my tube amp and my other 10" powered wedge.

Is it normal to pull the mods down by 2 and the presence by about 1.5 in these situations ?

I'm using the M Britt profiles.

Thanks ☺

Didn't get much sleep last night - too busy with the new kemper.

I like the 5" Tannoys but I'm not loving them. I've got a 10" wedge ill use to eq the main outs I think before plugging it into the big HK Big Venue rig. So far - no issues except for levels. I can't seem to find the clean sense feature so ill hit the manual again later.

My guitar tutor is coming over later and I know he and his dad are looking at crossing over - they just want to hear it first. I think CK should expect more orders

I'll write some more later once Ive had chance to pick my jaw up from the floor.

I'm stunned how good this thing sounds - it's through my Tannoy Reveal 502 monitors at the moment so cant wait until it goes through the pa.

I had the same from Thomann yesterday so I cancelled the order with them and bought a rack unit from Andertons which was in stock. I then ordered a remote from kemper and bought a second hand Behringer FCB1010 with a new UnoForKemper chip to tide me over until the remote arrives.

Is anyone using an Axe FX 8 with the Kemper and if so, how are you cabling it for montitoring and live ? I imagine I could use the same cabling (4CM) as the G System I currently have, but the separate monitor out and the KPA XLR outs are throwing me a bit.

Thanks

I ordered my KPA rack version with Remote back in June this year and was told I would get it in on 15.August.

I get no email or anything and after searching the Thomann web site find it's now going to be 16.October before I get it. I asked them why this is and was told that this is the latest info they have received from the supplier.

Anyone know why it's 5 months to get a kemper ?

Thanks

I would much prefer the 2 TS jacks on the MAIN OUTPUTS to be mapped to monitor out L(Mono) and R (Stereo) - that way it also leaves the DIRECT OUT for use as an FX LOOP return.

I'm probably asking too much aren't I ;)

5 days to go until I get my KPA and Remote ...

As far I I know if you want to use the FOH in stereo with cabs on from the main outs you cannot then have a stereo monitoring setup without cabs by using the monitor out and direct out.

1. The monitor out is only mono - cabs on or off
    2. Direct out is mono (but stereo when used with the monitor out) but cabs are only on

It would be nice if the main out jack sockets could be used for monitoring with the option of having the cab switched off. That would solve all my problems

I'm going by my interpretation of the outputs on the back of the kemper from the pictures in the manual. I didn't see a return and send and two monitor outs. As far as I can determine from the manual I would need to use the direct out for the second amp that I would use for monitoring. This is also used for the fx loop ?

Hello !

I've been reading a lot about the KPA while I'm waiting for mine to arrive and have a quick question I was wondering if you could help me with.

I was wondering if I could use a stereo monitor setup using 2 valve amps as well as use the stereo fx loop on the KPA without using an additional mixer.

Thanks for helping (6 days to go)