Posts by Maxn

Clean tones I just discovered this one and completely fell in love with it. It is brand new, warm, direct and has an incredible tube feel. 8o
    "Morgan Lee" from Danishpete. The profiled amp is a Morgan SW22.

Can be downloaded below the youtube video (which is funny to watch as well).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Most peoples favourite Morgan AC20 by rmpacheco is also great. In comparison the AW22 profile is a little cleaner and sweeter. Both are fantastic.

Crunch: TAF - Mars CM Drive. It is a Marshall JCM 800 Hot Mod. Very direct, great tube feel

Metal: 1) Edvaha 5150III Hi Sue Red by Deadlight Studios with Cabinet changed to "TillS Recto 4 x 12" and add some middles in the EQ
    2) MESA BOOGIE DR PLAT by Rusgan

Both punchy and heavy and feel like a real tube amp with a 4x12 cabinet

For metal sounds: Fryette Pitbull profile from Ulf Kaiser (Freya Pea Bull PRE LD 11) and Rectifier cab profile from Till Schleicher (TillS Recto 4 x 12). Just add some mids and highs and a little bit of presence. Natural, punchy, killer!

I use it over PA, Alesis computer monitors or my Superlux headphones. Always sounds great and like a real guitar amp + box.

Till Schleicher's cab profiles helped me a lot to make the amp profiles sound more "guitar cab"-like finally. According to my opinion most Kemper factory rig profiles are not really suitable for metal sounds. Especially the cab profiles. They sound either way to compressed or have a fuzzy "microphone sound" to them if you play them over the FRFR box. They definitely never sound and feel like a real amp+cab if you have a good tube amp +guitar box for comparison right next to them.

If you have found other natural-sounding great profiles for metal sounds, let me know

I spent quite a long time finding good high gain profiles for metal sounds. Especially when you play the Kemper over an FRFR / monitor box / PA then I had always trouble finding good distortion sounds that really felt and sounded like a good tube amp over a guitar box. E.g. like it would be the case on a good studio recording. Most of the profiles have either a very strong "microphone" taste to them or they are very muddy and almost feel like there would be a curtain in front of the box.

The most intesresting part of my endless tweaking sessions in front of the Kemper was that the cab profiles have a lot bigger influence on your sound than the amp profiles. Ok. For a good metal sound you should start with an suitable amp. So 5150, 6505, 5150 III, Rectifier, Freyette, Bogner,.... But in the end, if you have chosen you favourite high gain amp once based on the way the distortion sounds and feels then I figured out that investing time into finding the best suitable cab profile, finally is more important for finding a good sound. I was always looking for a dirty, raw, natural and punchy metal sound that sounds like a tube amp+guitar box over my FRFR box and on my PC recordings.

In my opinion, Till Schleicher has done the best job in capturing the real guitar box tone by using different micophones and angles. After trying all profiles from the Kemper hompage and a lot of free stuff in the Kemper forum, his cab profiles really lifted my amp profiles to a new level. You should definitely check them out! He offers a wide range of free and commercial profiles on his homepage.