Posts by Nikos

Nikos I don’t know kids who play. But I know a lot of adults though and no one has this. I’ve never heard about this being normal. But that does not mean, that it isn’t. I just highly doubt that statement. I triggered Reason with my Axon. No problem there.

Like I stated earlier. The tech has been here for decades. It has always been a niche thing. I cannot see it suddenly become big. The Axon had all the boxes ticked. And to state that young people has no limits when mixing playing styles, leaves me with one question. Are you saying that people has not done this for 50 years?

To be honest I dont agree. Technology was there but it was not for everyone. It was "elite" and this because it was first of all very expensive and then ofcourse you needed a lots of knowledge and time to use it. It was never instinctive and out of the guts.

Today modern tools like the triple play are good.Better. Cheaper.Easier and most of all more "instinctive" and out of the guts.

Guitar synths should be part of the next generation guitar modelers. For me this is out of question

I had an Axon for a few years. Long enough for me to conclude that what is possible with a guitar as a synth controller is severely limited. You can't do a plausible imitation of piano or organ or most any sound that can be generated with a traditional keyboard. The fact that the guitar has strings is very limiting. Monophonic synth sounds can be done pretty well, but guitar synth is limited in too many ways IMO. The devil is in the details or not in the details in this case.

YMMV

I can do "crazy things" with my triple play..it is just big hassle and difficult doing it live (extra laptop,using just one guitar,changing presets,adjusting the mix etc)..

It is the future. No matter what. We can discuss this issue like we did in the past but imo it is futile. The technology is already "here".

The question if "guitar players in general need synth sounds" is also out of question for me. Young lads already have no limits. They mix everything. Genres,playing styles etc.. give them new sounds which they can trigger with their guitar and ofcourse they will use it. It is crazy to believe they would not.

It is already mainstream. Kids are already using exclusively DAWs. With all their tools.

Being able to trigger synth sounds in your DAW with your guitar is a very logical step.

The next logical step will be to bring these sounds on stage without to hassle with an extra laptop or floor pedal just using your modeler and your fc.

This will become big. I mean this whole guitar-synth-modeler-plug in thing. Fractal and Line6 will follow.. it is part of the future ..

I hope the man who did the virus has some big surprise on this matter for all of us in the near future. He should.

I have a different bpm now with 51 than I had with 21.. that's...for sure..

I also believe in some "mystical relationships" between tunings,beats,keys & modes.

But this is not "for everyone"..

The KPA took this "back up panic" from many,many players I know. Just recently a hardcore marshall nut head friend of mine left his two "battle rigs" (as he calls his 800/plexi with marshall cabs since 30 years) at home and just took a toaster for his bands 4 week touring through all of Europe. No back up. 'Says with the KPA he does not need any..That made me think indeed..

The KPA is a great reliable tool. Full stop.

BTW - I have some very close friends that were in a Rainbow tribute band that has been going for 20+ years :)

A few intros like that one brought me to music. .

Voodoo child,burn,tarot woman and I always loved the interaction of the guitar with fat keys/synth leads. Jon lord,Tony Carey,that guy who played with malmsteen (made me to sit down and learn far beyond the sun with 16) and some others..

Great memories and a lots if fun.

You are all right.

There are already solutions. Triple play,SY200 and even with the kemper right now synth leads are quite possible with our KPA.

Thing is..

These solutions are imo not really "fire and forget".

The triple play has a very good tracking but still needs the midi tool to be mounted on the guitar. This sucks.

The SY-200 is a great tool but for me it sounds often to "digital" and sits to often not well enough in the mix.

Some warm,fat "monophonic"moog lead for start and later other additions would be the next step which should be possible with "more cpu" in the near future and then we will see what is possible with upgrades in the coming years. This is how I would love to see a KPA2.

'friend of mine yesterday saw my post about the synths and called me.."why do you little punk insist for this synth thing?"..

I sent him this:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can do this intro with the triple play but it is a mess for live (laptop and all this) and it also does not sit well in the mix.

Mini moog leads which can be used with any guitar no matter the PUs,no matter the CPU,which can easily could be fine tuned to sit well in any kind of mix..

That alone would make me spend like 3000-4000€ for the next Kemper without hesitation. And I am not rich.Add to this maybe some abilities to give these sounds "electric guitar like playing response" (pinch harmonics for example) and we would already be talking about "revolutionary next generation guitar modeling".

I know a lots of people who would agree on this.

Everything else (more fx,more I/Os ,dual amp) can be done today..just buy a second KPA.

His bass player is a good friend of mine.

One night he brought Randy to this blues jam bar in Düsseldorf (Germany)which actually is more a meeting point for hardcore alcoholics and crazy freaks of all kind..anyway..

Randy went on this "stage" grabbed a cheap strat copy and played with no pedals or anything over this bad serviced Twin which sounded awful no matter who played over it. Every player had to bring some pedals to be make it "usable ".

Long story short..

Randy sounded awesome. Insanely good. Don't know if he sounded like he sounds with his gear but this is not the point. Point is he sounded like him. No excuses and no "man ..this is not my guitar " and stuff. Nothing of all this. He just rocked the house with what he had at his hands in this moment and he made it work.

I don't know about the burgers but other than that that he is right..can't get really better.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So this is basically a sophisticated solid state preamp with nanotube power section. I like solid state amps, but they all share some characteristics like crumbly fading out tone, when you let it ring...

And it still looks like you only get the nanotube / power amp influence (that ideally somewhat clouds the solid state preamp character) when a speaker is connected! Also the "dynamic" IR don't include power amp simulation in such a recording situation. It's preamp to IR only then. How can this be the future, when it does not even offer the whole signal chain for silent recording? Would be a deal breaker for me.

Let's wait and see. I am quite sure this thing will sound great.

It is just that I am already very happy with what I got and I don't need more or something new. I just want to play now after the lockdown. Nothing else.

And I know I am not the only one.

The thing is, the Amp1 just sounds great with minimal tweaking. The AmpX is the same tech, just with a programmable preamp section instead of the standard 4 you get with the Amp1, and with popular stomp box type effects built in. For me, it’s perfect for small or fly gigs (though I can attest to the Amp1 being super loud and sounding huge through a 4x12, too).

That "programmable" always make things sound "different". Until yet.

Fair enough.

But I don’t see anyone marketing this a a ‘real-er’ thing. The amp tech isn’t even new (2014)

I see another choice/option/evolution of a pre-existing line of products. BluGuitar wasn’t compelling for me to check out until Amp X became a (near) reality.

All fine. I just gave my opinion on this product and what I believe will be the chances against the competition.

It is expensive,I already said this. For sure it will be worth every single cent of these 2000 €/$ but this market is ... tough;

Again.I wish Bluguitar all the best. Great products.