Posts by Nikos

@sambrox

Indeed now I got very curious..honestly I am not "hot" for buying a Fender.I am "not one of those" who needs the big name on the headstock.Seems like a serious luthier with great guitars and a lots of passion.Indeed I am looking for a "more modern" neck/fretboard..actually the whole operation is about to get me a good strat which I will use live and most of all in the studio for things I just can not do anymore with my 70s one..

Any thought about building your own? Warmoth ships internationally. For less than $1000, you can get the same quality (or better) as any Custom Shop offering.

To be honest not anymore..I "killed" so many guitars (mostly experimenting with Floyd Rose superstrats messing up with everything a long time ago..

You know..guitar players play guitar..luthiers build guitars..an this is fine as it is.. ;)

@sambrox

Yes..hints like these (Folreden) are what I need..if there are top instruments out there which cost not as much as Suhr or Fender custom..but are still great guitars...thank you!

What about the neck/fretboard on the Folredens;I read recently about the Elites` "Compound profile neck) and I really wish I could try one of these..

@JSB

Are these Pro strats much different from the Elites;

I found the Modern Pros to be cold-sounding, so it wouldn't Suhrprise me if you've played models with the same or similar wood combinations.
    My fave is the Modern Satin - if you like mahogany, it's Mahogany Heaven™.

In this case 'though, Nikos is thinking about a "Strat-alike" from Suhr, a different matter entirely.

Yes exactly..an "easy/non-sweat-strat" is what I am looking for.For as much quality as I can get for my few bucks.

I feel the same way about the sound of the Suhrs I've played, YMMV.
    You could pick up a nice used Fender Custom Shop Strat off of eBay in your price range. They are very nice instruments, IMO.

Thats the thing..I never played that many Suhrs(as I did with TA) so your opinion counts a lot for me..actually not good news because if this will be indeed the case the Suhr will not be a keeper..

@waraba

Honestly I dont know..chances are high for that if quality and playability are indeed what I am looking for..and the sound is at least just a little bit more than "good"..I need a "high quality tool".I dont expect love at the first sight..at least not when it comes to tone.My 70s Strat set a very high standard (for me)..

btw..I am not a big TA fan..great quality but indeed (IMO) to "cold"..same reason I never bought me a PRS.

@Monkey_Man

Yes..Suhr seems the way to go..but I have enough of HBs on strats..never again.Same as Floyds..Maybe a "stacked"/mini-HB on the bridge but thats it..the issue is that if I have the HB-"option" I always will end up at some point using them..for shred..and I just dont want this anymore..ofcourse I do when I dont have any ideas for melodies and harmonies but SCs on a strat are the best way to "regulate" this.. ;)

@pamplemousse

Thanks man..I will let you know..I am very curious myself how this will end..

Anyone here who has tried the elites;

Hi there..

I am thinking about to let my 70s Stratocaster at home..she got old,tired and the playability was ofcourse always a big problem(bends high-E string were never possible).She still sounds great as ever but I have decided that a high quality Stratocaster with a more modern neck/fretboard is the thing I need.I just dont have the testosterone anymore to get into the "close infight" with this guitar..to much blood and pain I gave(better said my left hand) now it is time to calm down.... ;(

So..I never did this...I never asked in any musicforum before I got a new guitar but now I live in a country in which many companies (like Suhr) just dont deliver...at least not directly.I guess I will go the thomann way..

What do I want;

A high quality Stratocaster.Quality and most of all playability are my main concerns.The Suhr classic pro is something I strongly think about.I would like an SSS configuration an the "medium-C" neck is something I will surely like;Opinions on that;

I also think about the Fender Elites..I could get one here on order from a shop in my town..any opinions;

I am thankfull to to any suggestions.Oh..should be in the 1500-2500 euro price class,thanks in advance..

Yes I know.Fuck.My phone is full of stuff I have big fear to loose with upgrades..but I need to do a backup anyway..since years.. ;(

Now I have a reason to do it..thanks everyone..cheers

Yes I did multiple times..was not easy by it self because the Pop up there does what it wants..

Does not help.I can log in but it shows no log out after that.

When I go to the main Kemper-amps homepage there is a pop-up if I push the control on the right upper side but as soon as I try to go to the login(it shows no logout) the pop up reduces till the "buy"-button..

Could be a problem with my iphone which is an old one from 2011 and I dont know if I ever did some "upgrades"..guess not..

there is neither a need to provoke nor to respond to it in public. i would appreciate if we could continue to post on topic.

There is never a need to provoke but always a need to react on it.Not by the offended members of the blog but by its mods.Otherwise it is a kindergarten and the trolls win while members who like to discuss in a respectfull way loose as does (maybe,I dont know) the blog.

cheerio..

@G String

Please try "next time" to step in when one person does the provocation (calling some one you dont know a "beginner" is not nice..ist it;) and not when the provocated person feels the need to respond himself.

greetings