Posts by Nikos

Well..

I was so enthusiastic about pc that I tweaked all my rigs again.Turning up treble and also some presence.Lowering most of the mid frequencies..and so on..I just finished the process (right now I prepare my "performances") and pure cabinet was gone.Must admit these are the things driving me near insanity.

So.Better no comment about "pure cab" and 3.1 untill the show runs without problems.

..like in some modeler-amplifiers(Line 6,Roland Blues Cube etc).I know,I know..no woofer.No tweeter.So it is sure a stupid idea anyway.

But if anypone has tried this (with the KPA) I would like to know.At least these speakers (as in the blues cube or the axsys212) are "some kind" of full range;

@Hi Christoph

No reason to lie here..

So the answer is:No.I have NOT tested this A/B against a tube amp.Not even the ones I own my self.So okay.I will do as you propose and then I will let you know.I am just one more "suspicious tube guy" who desperatly tries to get rid of old habits (ie. expensive and cost/time/work- intensive tube amps).If I do this A/B and it is indeed like you say and I am "just own more guy to shut down his mouth forever" I will gladly admit and do so.

Greetings.

Hi Jan..

Yes.There is noreason to deny this anymore.When your only problem is which of the "classics" to choose for this day then you know this is just great.No reason to look back.

Keep things simple & have always Murphy's law in mind..

There more (and moaarrr!) you put in a device the more will go bust in the exact moment you dont need it in no ********* way.And these moments are plenty on stage and in the studio. :/

Wont use pure cabinet nor 3.1 untill it is released und tested for some weeks.Till then I wont even read or write about it.

I hope the Kemper-team continues with the right philosophy and policy.There is no need for the best,strongest,biggest,fastest "most beautiful" DSP and new upgrades and FWs every few days only for the sake of it.Dont rush.Leave this to "the others". ;)

The Kemper-team/Christoph have already achieved some very huge things.Putting the real character of any tube amp in a digital device,together with nice (but not processor sucking=utlra expensive) effects and all usefull output-capabilities...this is already "mission accomplished".I hope you guys now concentrate on the real needs of the people making music.This is the difference between a "tool" which will be forgotten in some years and a "legendary music instrument" which writes history.

Dont get me wrong.I love "pure cabinet" and any other new feature in 3.1 but as long as I have to take care more of the question "is this running;" and "can I use it live and in the studio;" than playing the KPA it does make no sense at all.

The "pure cabinet" in my 3.02 KPA is gone.in the artist mode it sayssuddenly "no features yet".Try for hours but it wont "come back".Maybe if I reload 3.02 but then again..I guess I have no other choice than to upgrade as soon as possible to 3.1.But than again I hesitate as this is still Beta with all the usual software-bugs any digital device cant avoid.. :cursing:

@Monkey_Man

I must admit I did not get this yestersay.Sorry all good,no problem at all dear Nicholas..

I found pure cabinet indeed in the artist mode some days ago but thought it would not work or would be at least completely different from the pc in 3.1

Obviously this is not the case at all.But it is indeed not really a game changer with most of the factory presets.Fact.Till yet it works best with the rigs I downloaded from TAF.It is also not very good with the super-high-gain doom-amps.But this is very logical.These kind of sounds need more pre amp distortion "angular shaped"(;) transient response (more "in your face") while pure cab delivers most if one is searching for "round & warm" post amplifier saturated sounds with very "musical" characteristics/dynamics.

One last question remains.Is pure cab 3.0 same with pure cab 3.1;Most guys here say "yes it is" but afaik no clear answer from the Kemper-Team.

I guess I will leave it by 5.0 for the next weeks untill I see how the "pure cab"-options develop.It is a little bit more than a "usefull tool" bevause it changes the feel of the playing.With it I play much more aggressive because the sound is "closer" to me.Indeed more "Amp in the room".This is a game changer.

Then again, you could just ignore this Nicky, Nicos...

I will do as you say.But one little thing..It is neither Nicky or Nicos dear friend..it is @Nikos.After I all this name is written in big letters in over 80 posts I made.So it is not so difficult to write it correctly.In the end you could still copy and paste. ;)

Maybe you could up that 99.9 to 100%, Nikos, eh?

Well..right now I have the pc up to 10.0 and have a strange feeling while playing.All the "flashy lights",digital informations and interface from the KPA but it sounds (playing a plexi-profile) like an old marshall turned all its controls (including the volume) to the right.Yes,it may deserve indeed the 100% but I will decide this tomorrow in the morning and not yet after 4 big bottles of "alpha"-beer..listen to Booyah.. ;):D

Returning to the factory presets I will admit that the pure cabinet does not "shine" like it does with most of my downloaded rigs (from TAF etc).Like it does not "get the grip" onto (most of) them.Hmm..need more time to figure this all out.

Cant deny I am impressed.And sure I dont like to stir trouble but I hardly can undersand how so many guys dont hear "any difference".Indeed I can now turn up again the presence without all the fizz.My lead sounds sound more "soulfull" and no rest of steril artifacts anywhere.

Hard to believe this can get any better. :thumbup:

Woah..psychoacoustics..

Either I am getting mad or pure cabinet is indeed a killer.Helps in "my issue" 100%.And while we are at it (will try it further because right now I am "too impressed") I think I will give the KPA now 99.9%..simply because I am to old to give anything 100%.. :D

If I will have tomorrow the same impresion I will "return" and close this thread withthe remark "solved".

Well, as this is the first time I ever read about an issue like yours in this forum

;)

Actually it is a "non-issue".Given all the other good things the KPA gives me I can live very well with this.And one must honestly be a sick little tube-fanatic like me to hear into this.I played my tube-stuff for to long that I would not hear the slightest little difference in everything else.but tubes.Still I hope some day you guys will look into this.Maybe it is just me doing something wrong;I will try ofcourse as soon as possible the PC-feature.

If your only goal is to test PC, you won't need to upgrade to the beta

I am open to all ideas.How can I test pure cab without the beta;

Sorry for one more "pure cab"-thread.But I had not the impression that I can ask this in any of the other PC-related threads.So here is my question;
    Does the "pure cab" helps with the (what I call them) "double-stop-single-bendings";What I mean is bending for example the E on the G-string (9th fret) while playing the D on the high E-string (10th fret).The D on the high E is then almost not recognizable/to silent.Also the "natural interferences" which occure with a good tube amp bending one note while playing another note on a higher string sound a little bit strange.Doing the same (full step) bending on the G-string (ie E to Fis) while playing the A on the B-string (10th fret) is less a problem,stroking the higher note a little bit stronger does help a lot.Seems like this is with all my guitars,with all profiles with all kind of speakers and the only "damn little issue" I have with the sound of the KPA since day one.

Maybe the "pure cab" does have a better solution for this since it evens out the more "extreme" frequencies;I still have not downloaded 3.1 yet.

I bought mine also from thomann and got it after 10 days(thessaloniki/greece)..this was in mid-june and shortly before the hell break loose with all the capital controls and banking-f***..

So yes.It may be because everyone is selling whatever to get a KPA and you will ave to wait untill your time will come.