Posts by Nikos

And you will spend some more 40...months to learn only the basics to record an electric guitar.. :whistling:

Actually this is a very difficult thing.One need many years of expirience and some top class "teachers" to learn this.I had some of the latter but still I would never claim that I am good at it.Sometimes Iget want I want,often I cant sleep because of my frustration after recordings..

One very good teacher gave some insight;
    http://www.badmuckingfastard.com/sound/slipperman.html

ps. I already posted this link in another thread.Greetings

I cant remember how many times I went to some big music shop (where ever in europe) to try expensive tube amps.Most of the times the super expensive boutique amp was built up in the middle of the shop (for everyone to see) and I had to play it while feeling guilty playing loud "destroying" the ears of the employees or little children who just passed buy after their piano/akkordeon-lessons.. :D

Then there were some vintage amps in some studios.Mostly marshalls,Fenders,Vox or Hiwatts.Fair enough.Ofcourse I was only able to play them for a short time when they had a "day off".

Now other way to try them.Only a very few guys I know own a matchless or a bogner etc..

Yes.The KPA is not only a tool.It is also education,inspiration which is equal to music.Trying all those amplifiers,cabs and stomps for as long as you like,in your own environment,ready to record it or to try it at the next rehearsal,asking the "next guy" in the www. to send you the profile of his rare vinatege amp from the most remote corner of this planet..this is a completely new thing.

@'sambrox

Absolutely.I feel a little bit funny that I became such a "fanboy" but honestly I cant hide how happy I am about the KPA.It is not just "one more modeler" which finally sounds acceptable 20 years after the line 6 Axsys and 30 years after these horrible 19"-"refrigirators" full of f***..

Now I not only play amps I dreamt about all my life (like all the vintage Marshalls and Fenders etc) but also some kick ass stuff I never heard about.I played today 3 hours ZZ Top stuff with the Carr s6 and could not stop.

Hi @and44..let me tell you that you make me just now a "new born"-guitar enthusiast.After 35 years of making music.And I thank you very much for this..

One question:How comes in your opinion that there are a few amps out there (like the nitro and the splawns in general it seems) that are so "easy" to profile with such great results;And others (like the SLO-100) obviously not;The VHT-pitbull is another amp I did not found to have been well profiled yet.

ps.

As soon as possibkle I will try your Slo-100 single bundle.Cant wait.

Greetings

I did never play a Carr before.Fantastic Amplifier.Also amps like the Bogner-shiva,Splawn-nitro or Two Rock are amps I just discovered with the excellent profiles from you guys..and there are many more.

What are your "discoveries";What amp did you never played (or even heared about) before and now with the "help" of the KPA does blow you away;

Hi & welcome,

Believe me..there was never a bigger sceptic than me.I only bought a modeler because I cant "play loud" anymore and was urged to find "some thing" which I could use to play "silently" through any kind of PA/FOH.

Do yourself a big favour;Get the free rigs of @TAF,@topjimi or @Mbritt and play them.After this there will be no further questions.I will tell you there are also quite a few very good profiles in the factory presets and ofcourse in the rig exchange but for the beginning you should try the ones I told you.Just for you to see what the KPA can do.

Greetings and have fun with the KPA.

ps

Just played three hours nonstop with the matchless & Carr s6 profiles from @and44(TAF).Could not stop untill my neighbour put out his gun.. :D

After two months with the KPA and reading all this I must say that I am very happy I made "the right choice" and not buying into the "dark side" of the modelers.

Saying this I wish Christoph the best of luck with putting the "Sith" into his place.Being a "Jedi" is not easy.. ;)

He no longer shares rigs on the Kemper Rig Exchange bc people were giving him one star ratings (obviously unjustified or having unrealistic expectations given what he was actually profiling)

One more proof that most people dont know what respect means.He made some killer profiles.

FRP is great also but havent seen his name in a while.

This is very sad.FRPC has one profile I really use a lot.The "Splawn Nitro".With a little tweaking (less presence,more bass,mid and treble) I dig this special one very much.

Also check out Jevo, DJEMass, and GRStudios.

I already have.Very cool profiles.Like them a lot.There are many guys with just one profile (like @nico and his MKV profile or a guy (his name is @Hill I think) who made a killer 50W-plexi profile which sound not good with a Les Paul but is a killer with a Strat.

There are so many guys out there who try their best.The guys who give "one star ratings" to players who really care and work to make a lot of profiles should re-think their mentality.

Just finished the downloads of the free rigs from TAF,topjimi,Mbritt..more will follow.These profiles are so good.Can´t believe it,not difficult to hear all the expiriece and know how about recording guitars from these guys.As soon as I will have more money "to invest" they all will hear from me.. But I want also to give a big thank you to all the other guys in the rig exchange.So many nice rigs.Found some unbelieveable good profiles from "unknown" guys or "non-pros"Btw..why are guys like fastredponycar or r.u.sirius not posting here in this blog;I dont see them around.

Anyway.This is the best thread to say this;VERY BIG THANK YOU GUYS!

Lost a lot of my lust for playing guitar during the last few years..You gave it back to me.Keep it up.

I had something similiar during my long lasted "tube-amp"-time (which is coming slowly to a happy end with the KPA).I use two heads.The Steavens Poundcake Mk1a for "Ultra clean","Bluesy-clean"(which reacts with more overdrive as you make your strokes harder),"Brown"(70s/EvH) & and "Rock"(like 80s hardrock/classic metal) while I used my Dual Rectifier (Rev. F) for two kinds of Lead-sounds (Medium -Gain-"Fat" and Hi-Gain with more "presence").Worked well live (A/B-Box) and studio for more than two decades.

I will take these 6 "Basic"-sounds as brands again to name my performances for live-gigs with the KPA but will now add a seventh "brand" for studio work since I now will have permanent access to "Nu-metal"-profiles also in the future.

So:

Ultra-Clean/Funk
    Bluesy-Clean
    Brown
    Rock
    Lead-Fat
    Lead-Pitch harmonics
    Nu-Metal

Thats it.

Ofcourse.I do not have even 2 cents (since I have not trying 3.1.1) so my 1 cent is ofcourse nothing else than guessing around.Nice discussion anyway..;)

@Deadlightstudio

Not so fast my friend.I liked the soundclips of the "non-metal" guys very much.I guess it is much to early fore absolute conclusions.Some guy said yesterday that he he now "no need" to lower instantly presence and treble with his profiles which (if I remember correctly) have been more in the vintage-direction.It would be a very nice thing to dial in all the more "classic profiles" and to have a "de-esser" at hand with a switch to make them sound like they should without much tweaking.Woukd add a lot of "turn everything to the right"-feel of the older stuff.I cant wait to try this as soon as the new FW is released.

Very interesting.Have not downloaded 3.1.1 yet but from what I read "pure cabinet" has a lot to do with transient response and how the virtual speaker reacts to it;Would explain very much why the Metal-guys dont like it.Less transient response,less "in your face".The whole thing sounds (please correct me if I am wrong,all I do right now is reading the comments and listening to the soundclips) like it is made for the more "vintagers" of us who like their sound with less harsh transient response but more "warm & round" with less preamp distortion and also less "clean headroom" in the power amp section (like all the 5150s/modern rectifiers).Just guessing around.

it's now fun to add treble and presence

Wow.Actually this is what I wanted to hear.If true (and I dont doubt it) this is indeed a "game changer". :thumbup:

@DamianGreda

"No risk,no fun" was also my favorite slogan when I was in your age.. :D;)

+1 as far as maybe not so suited for high-gain/metal-esque sounds. It changed the sound of a Lasse Lambert Engl Blackmore profile dramaticly.
    And not in a good way to my ears.

Now I am a little bit baffled.I thought this "pure cab" has the biggest impact on more modern and higher distorted sounds;No;

Why? The more people to test this beta the more stable it will be when it will be "Release". You cannot recreate every possible user defined parameters in the KPA or any other equipment.

Ofcourse you are right.Nevertheless I will wait some time.I am "still a rookie" and not to sure about how good I set up the KPA yet.So I will not hurry.I will see what the KPA-"veterans" find while they will use Beta 3.1 live and in the studio.Then I will also upgrade.I beg "for pardon".. :rolleyes: