Posts by Kim_Olesen

I have been through all of the possibilities for achieving this with Kim in another thread. There definitely doesn’t appear to be any way to achieve what he needs from the current setup.

You could ofcourse argue that i have already achieved what i need, via my low tech solution. It’s just so clunky, takes up a slot, involves the extra conversion etc….

And i think that once it was implemented, it would be a solution other users might like and use as well. Once you have that flexibility (i had it in my old pre-kemper rack setup for 20 years) you can’t live without it

I play in 4 different bands and do a lot of substitute gigs. Often they do not need the same offset between lead and rhythm. And acustics of the venue play a role too. Even the song. A ballad does not necesarily need as loud leads as the hard rock song that came before it.

So i have volume pedal 1 assigned to all rhythm sounds. I use it for the odd passage where you need to be slightly louder, but not “lead guitar loud”.

“Volume pedal 2” for adjusting the levels of all lead rigs at once.

See the picture; Right now i have build my own solution for this. I have a hardware boost pedal in the loop. And in the x slot of all my lead rigs i have the loop open. So the knob on the hardware boost is like the “volume pedal 2” that i am suggesting.

I see others have requested similar things. Performance master volume etc… I’ve suggested a kind of lead sound level management system. But this solution is far more elegant, and relies on code already in the kemper.

And the beauty is that it’s user friendly. You can use it if you need, or not if you don’t. But it does not really change/force anything new on anyone. It just gives us multiple-band musicians the flexibility we need.

Very simple. A request for the addition of a second volume pedal, assignable to any midi cc.

It should behave exactly as the volume pedal does now, only each rig should be assignable to either “volume pedal 1” or “volume pedal 2”.

OK, I think I understand what you are saying.

Are you already using a volume pedal in your rigs?

I have one connected but don’t really ever use it. Sp, in my case I could use the volume pedal (or a midi cc with just two states) to achieve what you need. If you are already using the volume pedal elsewhere in the chain though I suppose that wouldn’t work for you. The volume pedal can be set to a positive number of the user’s choice. Positive numbers represent a volume boost. Although the volume pedal os stored per rig you can lock it for all rigs.

Yes i use the volume pedal for all my rhythm sounds. You know, the times in a piece where you just need to go a little louder (not lead guitar loud) for a bar or two, and then back.

If a “volume pedal 2” was implemented, it would be problem solved. The user could then decide whether to assign a sound to volumepedal 1, or volumepedal 2. Easy peasy. And it would not take up a slot either. Win win.

You could use morph over midi with midi c.c. #11

You can also use midi cc to turn. On. and off stomps/fx the control numbers for each block are in the midi implementation guide.

so you shouldn’t need to go the full Kemper Remote route. Or physical cables for individual foot-switches

Yes, but i just realised it wont work for me, since if i lock a stomp it’s there on all my slots in all my performances, and i only need it on sounds that are in my “lead performances”.

Currently i use a hardware boost pedal, permanently on, hooked up to the loop, for controlling the levels on all my lead sounds in one go. And there is currently no other way of doing this. I’ve requested a “global lead volume offset” thing for years, but it’s fallen on deaf ears.

If i only ever played with one band, it would not be too much of an issue, but i play on several, and they do not require the same offset. Also acustics of a venue play into this too. So some evenings i may only need 3db. Others i may need 5db. And with no soundcheck i need a one stop solution that enables me to adjust all lead sounds on the fly, with one turn of a knob. And that’s what a hardware boost pedal in the loop, placed in the x-slot gives me. The loop/x-slot is simply on all my lead sounds. And one touch if that hardware boost pedal adjusts 20! Lead patches in one go.

DonPetersen I’ll gladly make a video. I’ll even drive all the way from Odense to wherever you are located to show you. If you’d only hear me out and consider what i’m saying.

it's possible on the toaster so it must be on the rack too

Must be because i don’t own the kemper footcontroller then.

Not going to get that. For two reasons.

I use wireless midi and do now want to go back to a cable.

I have all my rhythm sounds on one performance and lead sounds on another. And i do not want to use up and down buttons to go between these performances, when i can have direct access to all my sounds via the roland fc200 that i use now.

I’ve been experimenting with chorus before a distorted amp (ala Van Halen, Gilmour etc…) and wanted to use morph to control on/off via the mix parameter. But it seems that the chorus, in this case the Hyper Chorus, is still subtly there even if mix is set to zero. I still hear an ever so slight modulation, and the transient of my pick seems ever so slightly different too.

Am i only imagining this, or is there something to it?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you... I'm using a Kemper Stage. If you select 'System' and go to page 4, 'user interface 2', there's a selection at the top of the screen labeled 'button assignment'. If you select this, you have the option to change what the looper, tuner, and tap tempo buttons control. You can assign the tap tempo button to different functions, including morph, and turning any effects on and off. So, you can select a boost in one of the effects to a clean boost, and lock it, IIRC, and turn it on and off with the tap tempo button.

No worries, appreciate the reply. Will see of this is possible on the rack version, with a midi controller.

Damn, not available in the rack version ?

Lol i am not even on the latest version. Normally i have too many gigs to risk updating and having downtime. But with the 4th covid wave over Denmark, my first gig is late january (and that’ll probably get cancelled i fear). So i might just update to the latest version.

the compressor in the AMPLIFIER section is for exactly this - cleaning up by turning down the volume pot without losing too much volume.

Never knew that. Thanks for this info. I always had problems with cleanup, and this is probably the solution i’ve been looking for :)

Ultimately the “profile the profiler to free up blocks” is just a workaround that will freeze up components of your sound, you might want to change later.

Much easier to let us use the page buttons to navigate through more blocks than the 4 visible pre or post ones.