Posts by Kim_Olesen

Great that the issue is solved. I will have a look, why it did't work out of the box.

It worth mentioning however, that using an attenuator in an analog effects loop of a digital amp is a hilarious idea.
    Beside gazillion other methods there is the Pure Booster available as a stomp effect, that can control the volume in the digital domain by the hit of a button

In NO way is it a strange idea. It is a box that has one click dial. And six leds. It can attenuate one db with each click. That means that at ALL times i can look over my shoulder and check what attenuation i am on. I canplay a sustained note, reach back and adjustWHILE PLAYING.

now show me a solution where i can, at ALL times, see the level of attenuation on the front panel of the Kemper AND adjus it with one hand, on one knob, without having to look at a display that is hard to read fro certain angles, and still keep playing, and i will go along with the idea that it is stupid. But if you can't do that then please admit that it is a very handy solution for a problem everybody that plays in as many different situations/constellations as i do.

Hi people. Since quite a few have asked I have uploaded (almost) all my rigs up on the rig exchange. They are all profiles of my JMP-1 and JMP-1 plus either Ibanez TS-10 or BOSS DF-2. Author name is: Kim Olesen

They were made for low output strats with single coils and you will find no metal sounds in here. Expect a cross between John Mayer and Mark Knopfler with some rockier sounds thrown in.

NOTE: I have my distortion sense at 5 because of the low output. You may need to adjust either gain or input sense accordingly.

I have no idea how they will sound with a humbucker guitar. Probably like crap ;)

All cabinets are my costum built T-rex EM-1 speaker emulator box, so you probably wouldn't want to go all pure cabinet on them. All are 3,0 profiles so you can try different cbs if you wish to mess them up LOL

Another IMPORTANT note: My main outputs are set to: BASS: -1,3. TREBLE -1,2. Presence -1,2.
    If you use a real guitar cab here are my monitor output settings (and remember cab off): BASS -1,5 TREBLE -1,0 Presence -1,0

I have my delay locked so i have no idea if the delay will be on or off or even what kind of delay there will be on these rigs. Set the delay to what you like.

And then you probably think, yeah that is all fine but are those sounds good for gigging. Well i do, and since they are incredible close to my old rig these are the sounds that have kept soundguys (and me) happy for twenty years.

I still think you should try and test it with Performance Mode. If anything, it might exclude there being any relay error (if there's an improvement in switching time).

I don't think there are any mechanical relays in the Kemper. It'd be all software. I will see if i can get my head around performance mode, but it is not the way for me generally. But just to test if this is only in browse mode is a good thing that i'll do ofcourse.

That's not what I meant. Just to test the loop function in the KPA and whether it is delayed (which would be odd behaviour) PUT something else in the loop - a different piece of equipment you have and see whether the looper is also delayed in this scenrio. If that is the case then there's something wrong. If it is not, the problem lies within the attenuator.

As i wrote in my initial post i already did. I tried with my mxr boster and could replicate the result. With one difference ofcourse. When the loop swotched on the sound got louder (since attenuators and boosters does the opposite of another)

I can replicate this with ONLY program changes coming from my DAW. So it is NOT the foot controller. (It's a roland fc-200 btw)

There are no relays in the Kemper to my knowledge. I could ofcourse be wrong there.

I am using the "Loop Distortion" so i am sure there wont be any "mixing it with the direct sound" problems.

The attenuator has no on off mode. The box is always on, so it can't be the attenuator box being late.

Since i play in MANY different constellations (different bands, substitute gigs, theater gigs, sessions etc etc) i always have an attenuator patched in on my lead sounds. I have this (and have had the last 15 years) because different bands, acoustic environments, soundguys, musical directors means different needs for lead rig volumes. It's not a programmable attenuator. It just has a volume knob for the attenuation so it just sits there. It has worked flawlessly in previous rigs where it has been sitting in my old loopswitching system. So i know it is not the attenuator playing games. And besides i can replicate the result with my mxr booster pedal in the send return anyway.

See the picture. The loop (and hence the attenuator) comes on late causing a burst in volume.

Now i have a theater gig coming up. It is a gig that is as big as they get in Denmark so i can't have the director/conductor complaining. That is one of those things that could mean that i do not get the gig next time.[Blocked Image: https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/11223730_10152901659081577_759148893269118778_o.jpg]

Thanks for your replys Joerck and Ingolf.

At the moments i don't use any rigs that i didn't profile myself so that's fine.
    Actually, as i said, i put distortion sense where it us because that is where the gain matched the gain i got from my jmp1, since that is the amp i have been profiling :)

Then please explain to me what the problem with setting the gain on didtortion sense to 5 when i play a guitar that has a very low output.
    If it is just a setting that regulates gain, and i get the gain i want with that setting why should i change it now? What kind of problems could i experience if i leave it as it is?

(i sometimes get the feeling that not many here plays regular strats with passive pickups nor understands that a humbucker can easily deliver MUCH higher output than a standard strat)

You put Clean Sens and Distorted Sens into the same ballpark, which is not a good idea.

While Clean Sens will not cause you any problems (does it?), Distorted Sens will only serve special purposes. For what purpose do you use it?

I think I put distorted sense there because that gave me the same amount of distortion as the distorted direct amp profiles i made of my JMP-1.
    But since i have done so many tweaks to the sounds during the last two weekends (totalling 5 gigs) and given that i got the Kemper more than a months ago, reprofiled my rigs three times (because only after i understood what merged profiles do, did i get it right) i might have just made a stupid decision with distorted sense early on and cannot remember now why i really did it.

As to clean sense, i play a standard uas fender strat with only single coils. It is a pretty quiet guitar compared with any guitar that has humbuckers. So i used the input led as a guideline. I set input sense so that when i hit the strings hard it goes into yellow. That setting does not seem to give me problems.

So let me ask. At this point where i am beginning to be really happy with the sounds and have my rigs leveled (via rig volume) so they suit eachother, what will happen if i lower distorted sense?
    Will i have to do the leveling all again?
    Will i loose gain on my distorted profiles?