Posts by pamisano

I know, late to the party, but I've been using the Quicco Mi.1 and now the Yamah BT01, with Bandhelper (and formerly with Setlist Maker) to control AxeFx, Helix, Amplifire and now Kemper. I got pretty deep into raw midi commands to change presets, turn effect on/off, etc. I use an iPad live with lyrics, chords and midi. Makes life much easier, and not something I could ever do with an older tube amp. Been considering making a video to walk through the set up, just haven't gotten around to it.

Anybody know if it is possible to disable the bank up/down buttons on the remote? I use the remote solely for performances to turn effects on/off or switch between presets within the performance. For example, in performance one, preset one is rhythm, preset 5 is lead. Well, every time I finish a lead and return to preset one, I inadvertently hit the bank down button along with the preset one button, even when I make an effort not to hit the bank down button, I hit it...big feet. I use my iPad to switch between performances so I don't need the bank up/down buttons. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The whole band is waiting for what? We are talking about milliseconds. If we finished one song i step one performance higher. Slot 1 is autoloaded and after the drummer has started the next song i could have changed the performances ten times. Or do you play a complete show instantly without talking to the crowd or a ten seconds break between the songs?

So, I updated the firmware, sounds were all intact so, thought I was good to go. Got to the gig and started noticing the lag, wasn't sure if there was something wrong with the Kemper or not. So yeah, I had to have the band wait. And while I am apparently not the rock star incarnate that you are, we did work the crowd and we got through it.

This post original was simply asking if it was addressed and now we have the guys riding in on their high horses, chill out...

Oh, and a special thanks to Ingolf for getting me pointed to v3!

really? I don't get why someone would act like that. Do you also stop playing when you hit a wrong button?I just hit the buttons and play. The Remote switches every time I hit a button. There is no "does it switch this time? I better wait to see."
    When I but a wrong button I either hear it instantly or see it just a bit later. When I can't hear it, it also isn't a problem for the band sound.

Sorry if you misunderstood...

No, I don't stop playing, don't think I'd last long as a guitar player, in a band situation, if I did. I am speaking strictly between songs. So while I appreciate your holier than though approach, that isn't what I meant.

Also, switching back to v3 removed the delay, so I am good. If I do go to v4, it'll take some getting used to but now that I know it switches the audio instantly shouldn't really be an issue.

So, for me, I found myself waiting on the screen. Which in a cover band, means everybody else, band, crowd, also has to wait. At the time I didn't realize that the audio was actually changing instantly. So I would hit the foot switch, turn my volume down, and wait for the change...and apologize to my band mates :)

I ended up switching back to v3. To OhG's point I am happy with the performance of the v3 and I don't have that perceived slow response of the performance change.

So I found this thread, sitting here and just happen to be eating a banana, the the first line says "finish eating your banana". I stopped...how the F*&% did he know I was eating a banana????

Great stuff, by the way. Thanks!

So for those familiar with Liine's Lemur app, there is a very basic Kemper template. It allows you to turn on/off stomps, adjust eq/gain, turn on tuner, adjust delay/reverb and send program changes. Those are all basic CC/PC commands. I have added on/off for amp, eq and cabinet which are all NRPN calls. I am now venturing into pulling data from the Kemper such as the rig name. I am just breaking ground here so my understanding is that the SYSEX message F0 00 20 33 02 7f 43 00 00 01 F7 gets the rig name string, per the Kemper MIDI doc. I am using the midiout(tartget, message array{}) command (specific to Liine's Lemur app) and setting a variable equal to the return:
    rigmsg = midiout(0,{0xF0,0x00,0x20,0x33,0x02,0x7F,0x43,0x00,0x00,0x01,0xF7}); however, is doesn't return anything and I have no idea if I'm even doing this right.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I find it hard to believe that there is no app to create performances, manipulate effects, etc for the Kemper. If I am mistaken, and Rigmanager doesn't count, please point me in the right direction, but having to do everything via the front panel is a bit "old school" in today's technological world.

Anyone ever tried Lemur or any of the other midi apps out there to manipulate the Kemper?

I saw this on youtube,

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    , but it appears the Everglades Audio website is now down. Are there any others?

Thanks,

Pete