Posts by Horspip

been using it since the 90s and there is a noticable difference if I do not apply it. Tried other products and even household chemicals that were suggested to me, but this stuff just works.
    (and as a bonus gets rid of the most annoying squeaks when recording acoustic guitars)

Yes, I use Fast Fret too and agree with DonPetersen .

I once read that coated strings (which are only coated on the wound strings, right?) are destroyed if you do that pick scrape thing down the neck. So that's them out for me!
    I did try Elixirs and thought they sounded dull.
    I use regular strings and a string cleaner on a cloth after each gig, which keeps them in good condition for much longer.
    I have no brand preference - I use whatever is the best price.

10 - 46 gauge. I also avoid stainless steel strings, as they seem to destroy the frets.

Since the advent of Rig Manager, I have been able to create and edit Performances for gigs straight from my MacBook Pro, via USB.
    I love being able to work like this; I find it intuitive, fast, and efficient.
    Unfortunately, the USB ports on my MacBook recently died, which meant that installing new software revisions, and creating/editing Performances suddenly became... impossible.
    Then wireless connectivity was announced! I have an iPad, I use a standalone router for my band's XR18 mixing desk, and I already use a POE injector for Remote, so I thought, this is going to save my bacon!
    I'm connected and it's working great. Well done, Kemper!

However, there are certain things that I can't do on the iPad which I could when using RM on the MacBook:
    For example, I need to be able to reorder the Performances quickly, as I have them in setlist order and we typically change the setlist before every gig. This doesn't seem to be possible.
    Secondly, I rely on Rig Manager to create and store Performances, so that I can drag things out of my library folders and tweak them. The tweaking is good to go on iPad, but the initial creating of a Performance isn't.

Are the full set of Rig Manager features something that we can expect to see further down the line?

Wow totally blown away by how you continue to innovate Kemper, thank you so much! It sounds fantastic! Question for all you fuzz aficionados, if one wanted to get their inner Billy Corgan on, any recommendations on how to dial in an opamp big muff or Jordan bosstone fuzz circuit?

Try these settings as a starting point...

Ima sucker for rosewood necks. ¿How much is the telecaster fender roswood one? I always wanted one.

This one isn't a model ever produced by Fender. It started life as a Classic Player Thinline Deluxe, but I stripped it and refinished it in see-through blonde, added the Bigsby trem' and Callaham bridge, and had the pickups rewound by Catswhisker in the UK, to original Wide Range Humbucker specs.
    Finally, I was lucky enough to get hold of a solid rosewood neck, which I had re-fretted with medium jumbo stainless frets.
    The tuners are Kluson/Gotoh vintage-style locking items.

wow. What a beauty!

Can i ask what you paid roughly for the scratchplate? and are other materials possible maybe with some etching? I have zero experience in laser cutting...

a used LTD Tele is on the way and i want to use it as a mod base...

Thank you! The copper sheet was the expensive part, actually - the laser cutting itself was quite inexpensive. I had one made in copper and one in aluminium and the latter was 1/5th the cost of the copper!
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post details of suppliers on here, but if you PM me, I'll let you have the details of the company I used, plus costs and so on.

My latest guitar is my "lockdown project", which I have just completed.
    It's a T-style - 25.5" scale length - with a 22 fret neck.
    Details, for anyone who's interested, are:
    1-piece, reclaimed mahogany body with forearm chamfer and deep belly cut.
    The neck was made for me by renowned UK luthier, Jon Shuker, and is roasted flame maple with a separate matching fingerboard.
    It had twin carbon reinforcing rods and nut-end truss-rod adjustment. It's a 12" radius, 22 jumbo stainless steel frets, luminlay side markers, bone nut and my own headstock design. The tuners are Hipshot open-gear locking units. The string tree is by Dynaguide, in the Netherlands, and the nut is bone. Gloss polyurethane on the front, satin on the rear.

The scratchplate is copper sheet which was laser-cut to my design, secured by stainless steel screws.

Pickups are from Monty's (previously in London, now in Cheltenham), and are a "Full Monty" in the bridge and a Firebird in the neck, both with raw nickel covers.
    The bridge pickup surround is aluminium, from Anomaly in Cornwall.

The bridge is from ABM in Germany and is solid brass.

Electrics are simple: 3-way Oak Grigsby switch, master volume (Mojotone vintage taper CTS 500K), Master tone (Alpha 500K push/push), with series/parallel switching for the bridge humbucker from the tone control.

Knobs are machined from brass, as is the switch tip, and are both made by Grainger Guitars here in the UK.

Schaller straplocks.

The colour is called Pebble Grey.

The guitar is gratifyingly light, despite the heavy metals and mahogany!

Just one pedal: a Source Audio Kingmaker Fuzz. I have it going into the front of the Kemper but it switches via MIDI.
    I can't quite get the more extreme fuzz tones out of the Kemper. Yet. Quietly hoping for a revamp of the Kemper's fuzzes, so I can put the Kingmaker with all of my other no-longer-required pedals.