Posts by Horspip

@CPHfx, I'm sitting with my Kemper , Remote and a Dunlop DVP3 pedal and set this up for the first time. I was previously using wah on all Performance slots; I've now set it up so that it defaults to volume when the wah is turned off. It works perfectly.
    What is it that you say you are doing that no one else is doing? Do you mean using the volume pedal as a boost to increase volume?

Given the fact that an enormous number of profiles - of many different amps - are made with similar mic's and speakers (most often V30s), and bearing in mind just how big an influence speakers are on the tone of an amp, it's probably not surprising that lots of profiles sound quite similar. But I still think Kemper profiles, done properly, capture the feel of different amps amazingly well.

Apologies if this is stating the obvious, but is the knob on the side of your FV500 turned all the way down? When I used that pedal, I found it would turn itself up when in my gig bag! It doesn't work properly at anything other than the zero position.

@OhG, I thought I'd tell you about my experiences as a fairly new Kemper owner, as my previous set up was fairly similar.
    Prior to the Kemper, my gigging setup was a Mesa Roadster combo, rack case containing some pedals and 19" rack effects, plus a Voodoo Lab GCX MIDI switcher (before that I had a G System). On the floor, I had a Ground Control, more pedals, a wah, expression pedal, tuner and tap tempo switch. I loved the sound of this set-up and used it for a variety of very different projects. In fact, I was never going to sell that amp. But it was SO much to carry around, and SO heavy!
    Anyway, I was playing in Brighton last summer and had most of the day free so I went into the local music shop and spent about 2 hours playing their demo powered Kemper, straight into a Marshall 4x12. It sounded so good that I decided then and there to replace everything I owned with a Kemper.
    Here's the point: I decided to buy the non-powered Kemper as I didn't have a cab, plus I wanted the sound of all of those cabs in FRFR, too, so I chose the DXR10. The first few days, playing through dozens of profiles, I was in heaven - completely certain that I'd made the right decision. However, the first gig was really disappointing. I was so used to the sound of my beloved Roadster behind me that the Kemper/DXR10 just didn't feel right. Clean sounds were amazing, plus the punch, clarity and spread of sound, but I found the overdriven and distorted tones weren't right at all.
    I experimented a lot, including listening through headphones (which I disliked and still do) plugging into my old Sony hi-fi (sounds absolutely great!), other PAs, and eventually borrowed a 2x12 cab, which I used with an old solid state power amp.
    And there was the sound! It seems I just preferred the sound of a guitar cab. I'm probably a Luddite, but there you go! I love my Kemper; it gets better the more I get to know it and I make notes after every gig and then tweak little things the next day and it gets better still!
    I now use it with a DV Mark Neoclassic 2x12 and a Palmer Macht 402 power amp. On the floor is a Kemper Remote and a Dunlop DVP3 pedal and I have more versatility, more control and better guitar sounds than I've ever had.
    I suppose the point of this is that the Kemper is capable of being whatever you want it to be; it might just take a little experimentation to bring it out. It takes a little time to get to know how it will work best for you but it's most definitely worth it, in my humble opinion.

Has anyone heard anything about whether the Remote / expression pedal will be able to support parameter changes apart from the new morphing feature? I mean, if I have the remote and an expression pedal and I want to change the delay mix parameter, why should I take the morphing feature then? A simple "every paramater can be assigned to an expression pedal" would be a huge step on its own. Afaik, this is only possible at the moment, if you control these parameters via midi CC.

+1

I stick with clean amp sounds. Leads and driven sounds are done via overdrive pedals. I literally get no benefit out of morphing, except maybe for a volume boost. So I'm pretty disappointed myself.

Most companies, however, announce all the new things at once. They don't say "Thursday, we're announcing the first thing, and Friday, the second thing..." because people get annoyed and disappointed. So if they plan on announcing more stuff, they need to do it quick.

There is some news filtering through on other threads from people at NAMM:
    Namm 2016 - Day 1 - New Kemper stuff! with pics
    ...about new delays and a new strobe tuner.

I still have hope that we will be pleasantly surprised

Yeah, me too. I was extremely happy to buy my Kemper on its own merits at the time, regardless of what future upgrades might be in the pipeline. Sure, it's maybe not perfect, but then imperfections are often the mother of invention.
    To me as a new user, the upgrades we get are pretty much like someone coming and giving me new gear... for FREE!
    That's so cool! :)