Posts by Horspip

I use the Dunlop DVP3 exactly how you've described and it works perfectly.
    Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but have you tried a different TRS cable? And checked that the Dunlop pedal is working properly?

Have a look at Voodoo Lab products. They have a range of MIDI switchers - pedalboard- or rack-mounted - which I think would be perfect for what you want to do, allowing you to send your signal to wherever you want with a single footswitch press.

Reading the most recent issue of the UK magazine, Guitarist, I came across an article on the supremely talented St Vincent.
    I was keen to read it because she's a unique, quirky guitar player whose live performances are stunning; she incorporates singing, complex playing and choreographed dance routines into her stage show, whilst seemingly rarely taking her eyes off the audience. And she gets some really great, unique guitar tones.
    So, it came as no surprise to learn that she (and also her guitarist/keyboard player) uses a Kemper! Her frequent mid-song tone changes are all pre-programmed and triggered remotely, so as not to interrupt her performances.
    Strange that she hasn't made it into the Artists' Hall Of Fame yet!

Just been watching "That Rig Show #10 - Ruben's ultimate New Delays challenge"

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    and Ruben is browsing through a ton of new delay presets, using a numbering system. Am I missing something?? I don't seem to have a number system on my delay presets, despite being on 5.0.3 and having the delay presets installed. ?(

I have just had a guitar (Fender Thinline Telecaster with wide range humbuckers) refretted with stainless frets, mainly because I seem to wear frets out very fast on some guitars.
    My initial impressions are that there may indeed be a very slight tonal difference, but probably no more than the difference between stainless strings and regular nickel.
    I love the feel of the frets - very smooth and precise for note bending.
    I can't comment on string wear as I change strings frequently anyway.
    As for fret wear, years ago I had a Steinberger guitar and I believe they had stainless frets. I somehow managed to wear the frets on that guitar, to the point that it was going to need a refret before long. So I guess they don't last forever!

@paults The actual socket isn't loose in the chassis, it's just the cable which is loose in the socket. There are a few millimetres of travel when it's engaged, meaning that the connection with the Remote is lost when the cable slips rearwards.
    I have tried a couple of other cables but they made no difference. As I understand it from Support, the socket itself has some sort of internal locking mechanism which breaks if the cable is tugged, requiring a replacement socket. I'm afraid this must have happened to mine at some point, despite the fact that I'm extremely careful with it and treat it with kid gloves all the time.

I think you have been very lucky. My Ethernet connection is just tooo loose I have since come up with a solution. Need to post pictures. They could have solved it easily if they had just installed a Ethernet connector on the KPA
    Like they did on the Remote

@whippinpost91850 Please could you share your solution? Mine is very loose on my toaster and I occasionally lose contact with the Remote at gigs. I can't manage without it long enough to send it in for repair so I'd be grateful for a solution which I can do myself.

The amp I used for years prior to owning the Kemper - a Mesa Roadster - had an audio delay on switching channels. It was a necessary feature of the switching circuit of the amp, apparently. It also had no readout on the footswitch whatsoever, of course.
    So I have absolutely no complaints about my Kemper!

I use morphing all the time and find it massively useful. I could see the potential for me in a live situation straight away: sometimes I use it for a volume boost for solos (or even simply balancing my volume on stage when the drummer gets carried away), other times I use it to morph a single effect, such as reverb mix, for a section of a song, and then other times I will use morphing to go from one sound to a completely different one.
    I love it and wouldn't want to be without it.