Posts by Horspip

I spent a few hours today playing through the amazing profiles you've uploaded. There are some truly great ones here - some quite bright, maybe, but I love the clarity and depth of tone, even with a lot of gain. There are some very 3-dimensional profiles, and the right gain range for me. These are right up there with my favourites.
    What a fantastic job, and so generous! Thank you, @eljodon.

I use a Dunlop DVP3 Volume/Expression pedal for wah, in exactly the way you describe, apart from the spring return. I wouldn't want that anyway, myself, because I like to leave the wah in the classic "half-cocked wah" position occasionally. Also, on some patches, I use it as a volume pedal instead.
    I absolutely love the Kemper's wah feature. I've been searching for the perfect wah for years and I've found it here. It's the best sounding wah I've ever had, it doesn't suck tone and it doesn't eat batteries. And no awkward toe switch either!

The Kemper effects are certainly good enough for me, and the Kemper is absolutely the all-in-one solution I hoped it would be.
    No more compromises with what sounds better in the loop and what sounds better in the front end; no more trailing power supplies across the stage; no more tone-suck to get that perfect wah sound...
    I love my Kemper for the fact that it has replaced EVERYTHING. Never been happier.

Have experienced exactly the same issues as @sambrox describes above. I thought it was something I was doing wrong!
    I've installed 4.0.3 and have been happily using it for gigs since the day it came out, with no other issues. Morphing has become so useful to me that I don't want to go back now.

I've used the Kemper's transpose feature and would agree that it's decent enough whilst not perfect.
    I have found the pitch transpose in the Digitech GSP1101 rack unit a little better than the Kemper one - probably taken straight from the Whammy. What an amazing bargain the GSP1101 is!

I found this transition very difficult at first, too. So much so that, having bought a Yamaha DXR10 , I found I was unable to use it for gigs and bought a power amp and guitar cab instead. I was - and continue to be - very happy with this set up. However, I continued to experiment with the FRFR and have now found that I'm equally happy using either. In fact, I played my most recent gig using just the Yamaha DXR10 and was very happy indeed.
    I don't really know why! It's either because my ears have gradually become accustomed to FRFR, or because I've got to know my Kemper better, or finally, because I have refined my choice of profiles through trial and error.
    I suspect it's a combination of all three factors.

There's a huge debate on this topic on YouTube, with some people insisting that the wood of a (solid) guitar has an influence on the tone, whilst others say that the pickups can't possibly tell what material the guitar is made of so therefore only the pickups themselves dictate the sound of an instrument, with perhaps some help from the strings, nut, bridge and fret wire.

I have to say, 36 hours in and I'm blown away by what we've been given with 4.0. The possibilities with morphing are limitless, the small tweeks to things like the overdrive pedals and the tuner are incredibly useful, and little touches, such as being able to reassign the functions of the Tuner, Looper and Tap switches on the Remote, demonstrate that Kemper is a company who listen and respond to their cutomers. I'm so grateful for this.

Although I'm quite happy with the drive Stomps (am I the only one?)

You're not the only one, I'm finding the current drive pedals great for what I want.
    I've spent years buying and selling drive pedals, looking for that one which could give me the sound I was after, and I'm REALLY enjoying not doing that any more. On the whole, I can get what I'm looking for with the right amp profile and one or two of the boost pedals for when I want to kick in a little more transparent drive. This is how I used to use valve amps and it works just the same with the Kemper.

It's absolutely fine for anyone to like and use whatever they want, and whatever works for them. I have a friend who plays about half a dozen gigs a year, in tiny pubs, and insists on using a full Marshall stack!
    However, I do find it strange that anyone would use one thing and pretend they were using something else. But guitarists have done this for years, with walls of dummy stacks behind them whilst their mic'd sound was coming from a single 12" iso cab under the stage.
    Personally, I'm immensely proud of my Kemper.

It's not the way I have my boost set up but nevertheless, it doesn't seem that strange to me.
    However, I'm fairly certain that this is something you will be able to set up with relative ease with "morphing", when the new firmware is eventually released. :)

I dont know what I am doing differently. Maybe it is the use as a boost? Do you use it as a boost? I was trying to, yes.
    Have you "locked as wah-Pedal" checked?
    Maybe, that is the reason...

I'm not using the volume pedal as a boost, no, just in the conventional way, as an attenuator.
    and no, I don't have "locked as wah-pedal" checked.