Posts by marcogarsed

Hi guys

I was about to record a Wet track and a Dry track using a delay pedal in the FX Loop of the Kemper and I couldn't find a way to make it work!

I set the main output as Wet and the Monitor Output as Dry!

Have I missed something? If I use the Kemper built in delay it works!

Thanks!

Marco

The pedal controlled master volume sounds good! I will try it! At the moment I stored every preset with a morphed settings for lower volume and with a boost in the post stack effects chain so I can work in both directions affecting also the volume going to the front of house!

Hi guys! first of all thank you so much for the plethora of replies!

Here's what I did, I tweaked every profile I used in one song being as picky as I could with a session in my DAW playing along the original track and yesterday evening I went to rehearsals and of course there was much more dynamic range to deal with.

My thought is that when you are in a room with a drumkit playing loud music there's no way to contrast the volume of the room or to anticipate how loud it will be as some of you mentioned before.

We play prog rock music so we have moments with say piano and guitar or one acustic guitar and one electric guitar and moments when everyone kick in with distorted guitars, backing tracks, loud keys and vocals, so that's why I had this kind of issue in the first place!

Now

Here's my question, when you play live with everything going to the FOH is the volume you rehearsed with still a thing or you should stick with the ones you did at home with the help of your DAW?

I mean I have moments of the songs where I need less volume and moments where I need more volume!

I check volumes in my daw while I play with the original song and everything seems to work great but when I play at a gig or with the band during rehearsals this not always translates in the results I was expeting!

How do you guys approach this?

Hi guys I think this is the right section for my question but not sure!

I'm preparing a setlist and trying to be picky about level matching profiles in each song, I play the song at home and I try to balance everything but when I go to rehearsals it doesn't seem to work as intended!

What's your approach to this kind of things?

thanks!

Thank you guys! I really appreciate this! Is there a tecnique to get the right clean sense setting? I watched the video but it just explains what clean sense and distorsion sense are which is great but I would like to know if any of you guys do it in a certain way that worked for you

Hi guys! Kemper user here for years! I never really worried a lot about gain staging I've aslways adopted the if it sounds good it sounds good rule!

But I'm making my steps into the recirding world and I've found out this can be the key to very neat and clean guitar sounds I've found hard to obtain over the years

I searched in this forum and over the internet about Clean Sense and Distorsion Sens and I found nothing but discordant opinions about them! Can someone who deeply know the profiler give me some tips and an explanation about them?

Another question is about recording! I've always recorded throught a GAP 73 preamp and it often sounds fuzzy! I switched to the line input of my RME Babyface Pro audio interface and things get a lot cleaner!

I know tried with a DI from the main output to the mic preamp to adjust the level and the impedence! It's still a bit fuzzy but way less the before! Is there a right way to use a preamp with the Kemper or is it better to connect it straight to RME converters throught the line ins?

Thank you!

Marco.

Hi guys! I've been using my Kemper for a while and I really enjoy it!

I have a gig abroad and the backline offered me to provide a Kemper and a Remote so I can upload my rigs and performances from my pendrive!

My question is

Will it work for sure?!?

I won't know the firmware version until I'll be there should I take a OS update with me just in case?

Thank you