Posts by Aussiejoe

Chruschdy

"Does the Input LED light up when you play something on the guitar?"

nope not the input or output when plugged into the front jack and the "Input" function is set to front.

this is becoming very frustrating for me. Ive just laid out A$2700 for this hoping to have a great experience and its pretty disappointing so far, oh well
    Ive emailed Kemper support maybe they can think of something
    cheers

Hi dougc84

As per my post to you "with the guitar plugged into the front input jack the output and input light does not illuminate and i dont hear the rig"
    so no, its not registering any activity from the input jack.
    Interesting about the TRS/TS jacks. Ive been using this set up for 6 years running it thru an Axefx, pod hd500x, various VOX and digitech products and never had an issue using the existing cabling. Anyway I appreciate you trying to help me Thanks

HI dougc84

ok, with the guitar plugged into the "alternate input" the output and input light illuminates and i hear the rig
    with the guitar plugged into the front input jack the output and input light does not illuminate and i dont hear the rig
    i tried other rigs its the same situation
    I can hear thru the monitors/headphones when plugged into "alternate input" but not when using the front input jack
    my connectors are 2 ring BTW (is that TS?)
    all the setting are as per default out of the box, not using pedals, haven't changed sense settings.
    I dont believe its any cabling issue as it works from the "alternate input" just not the front input
    im running a pair of studio monitors not mono
    thanks for helping

HI folks
    definitely using the input on the right side (not the headphone in)
    Ive plug my headphones in and if i turn up the vol/gain I can hear white noise thru them but no sound from the loaded rig (if using the front input)
    if i change the input to the "alternate input" I can hear thru the headphones so its definitely an issue with the front input jack
    I believe there is a system test function - would that help

wont work unfortunately because the Dynaudios only have a xlr in connector
    Im using an xlr to trs cable for each monitor.
    i dont think its the output of the Kemper but rather something wrong with the input side of things,
    as I mentioned I can hear the rigs when using the "alternate input" setting/connection with my guitar cable but not from the front input when set as the default in the software

Hi

do you mean connect via xlr?
    if so, I dont have any unfortunately so cant test it
    rig volume is fine thru "alternate input" very loud in fact, as loud as I would have expected when turned up.
    when I turn the volume of the rig/master down to bedroom levels it gets very fizzy sounding, like when you have no cabinet attached to a digital amp patch (say on a POD for example).
    Im wondering if I should do a flash memory on the unit, what do you think?

Hi
    thanks for responding

ok so Im looking at the screen under "output"
    I can see that :
    page 1
    main output = master stereo
    monitor output off
    direct output off
    master stereo spdif output
    page 2
    main out link is ticked
    headphone link ticked
    the 2 middle headings are greyed out
    main volume says -20db but changes if i move the master knob
    monitor/direct/headphone vol all show and "infinity symbol" whatever that means

cheers

Hi all,

Just bought a new Kemper and registered in the forum but it wont allow me to start a post in the help section so im posting here.

anyway, brand new out of box Kemper unpowered head.
    powered up and went thru the time/date/name routine all good
    Kemper then displayed a rig all good
    I have my Dynaudio monitors connected to the TRS outs at the back and my guitar cable in the front input.
    No sound from the Kemper although I can hear white noise when I crank the master vol/gain up
    I went into the input screen and it was showing "front input" by default
    Tried the headphone out - no sound
    Changed the input to "alternate input" in the menu and I get the rig sounding thru the monitors (but its a bit hummy) using the same guitar cable (so its not the cable)
    Its as if nothing is registering in the front input/headphone sockets
    Im thinking that its some dumb user issue but I cant see what

Please help me!!!!