Posts by Kory

I gotta tell you guys, after playing with the Kemper for over a week, I'm really digging it. I can't believe how easy it is to dial in a sound/tone I want. Not to tras the Axe-FX, but I use to spend hours fiddling with it. Now I play more guitar. :)

I want to record some music. I use a Mac running Logic Pro X. I have both analog input and SPDIF. I would prefer to use SPDIF, but I have the following concerns:

1. Is the SPDIF out on the Kemper just a tap in the final digital stage, or is the analog main out converted back to digital for SPDIF. If it is going through another A/D, then I will just go analog. I hope it is not because that will actually save me two conversions (D/A on the kemper -> A/D on the Mac).
    2. When you guys record analog, do you think there is any benefit in sampling higher than 48K?
    3. I don't have any SPDIF experience, so this question is going to sound even more ignorant than the previous 2. I don't know what re-amping means. if I just want to record on my Mac, do I need (should i) connect the SPDIF out from my Mac's I/O interface to the Kemper? Or is the Kemper SPDIF Out -> Mac SPDIF in enough?

Tank you so much!
    Kory

Thanks, Joptunes. It did answer all of my questions.

I don't quite understand the logic of the built in power amp not being stereo. It would make the profiler so much more versatile.

I am a software engineer. If Kemper would share the specs need to write an outboard manager app, I would try to code something up as time permits.

Hi Everyone,

Just got my Kemper PowerHead and I am very impressed. For the past few years, I have been using a Fractal Audio Axe-FX, which I like the capabilities, but find it hard to dial in the exact sound I wanted. I was able to get the sounds I wanted with the Kemper very easily, so I am very satisfied.

I do, however, have some questions (coming from an Axe-FX world):

1. I use a Apple's Logic for songwriter and the Axe's USB interface provided an input device that I could select in Logic. I have the Profiler's USB port hooked up to the Mac, but I don't see any input devices from the Kember on the Mac. What is the best was to record in Logic using the Profiler?
    2. The Axe-Fx had an application called Axe-Edit that allowed you to create and manage every aspect of a profile and rig from the Mac. You did not need to use the front panel LCD screen. Can this bedone with the Kemper? The main reason I need this is because I a vision impaired and it is extremely difficult for me to use any small LCD display.
    3. I am not 100% sure, but from what I can gather from the user's manual, the built in power amp is Mono because I only see one speaker jack. I hope I am wrong.

Thank you!
    Kory